*** Feenix' classic Pre-TBC *** Blizzlike

This is a discussion on *** Feenix' classic Pre-TBC *** Blizzlike within the Advertise your Private Server board part of the WoW Private Servers category; I have been looking for a good pre-tbc server for some time. I gave this one a try about a ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    touchstone is offline Wannabe Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been looking for a good pre-tbc server for some time. I gave this one a try about a month ago - and it was not a great experience at all. I had frequent los issues with mobs, and every 5-10 min I was kicked from the server - loosing all progress I had made since the last d/c. I understand that part of the problem was someone spamming the .save command, but I am wary of a server that is as unstable as this one was when I last visted.

Have things really improved that much?

asparoth is offline Addict
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes Alot .
    Graduated Cum Laude @ Marketing & Sales this year! - Webdevigner.

touchstone is offline Wannabe Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to know, ill give it another look.

asparoth is offline Addict
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope you'll have a good time though there were minor issues today and yesterday. The server was up but, but it went down once yesterday So I hope everything's ok now See you online
    Graduated Cum Laude @ Marketing & Sales this year! - Webdevigner.

Dreamer is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FEENIX WOW PRE BC

*Dedicated Server - 100% Uptime - Scripted Instances - Disabled TBC Talents - Classic Honor system & Many other preTBC Features. Experienced Staff & Great Community.

Join the one and only true Blizzlike Classic Server!

Update info: Today the crew finished with the AQ20 scripts... they r now working very hard on the opening event so it will be just like blizzard. Patience is the key, we will and shall become the #1 scripted server PRE-BC!

Remember: Vote everyday and join the server now

Dreamer is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update info: The website is back online, so you can succesfully register now!

Notice: Temporary forums where build because of moving the host because of problems with the current host, the official forums will be back online when it's announced.

scroatie is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    when i replace the repair folder after replacing the wow.exe it comes up with "This version of Blizzard repair does not support your World of Warcraft version 2.4.3.8606 English (United Kingdom) . And im Deffinately using the EU repair folder. How can i get around this? im really wanting to play on this server.

Love is offline Advanced Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Feenix, don't you need experienced GM or anti-exploits dev ^_^? im also experienced with PHP/HTML/MYSQL i know some autoit and learning c++ also i made an dupe filter with wpe pro for mangos/tc2 last rev...the only on actual anyways if you need me just throw me an pm, you won't regret

elemmires is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

review

It is nice to read such nice feedback, so hereby an update and statement from us

At this point, 1st quarter of year 2010 our view on the vanilla private server scene is like this:

1.12 realms
    are struggling to release dungeons and raids together with battlegrounds. At this moment, players complain that they spend 7 days leveling and at level 60 they have nothing to do. As we are aiming for players who stay, that is a very bad state.

1.9.x hacked.
    The best point of vanilla servers. On Mangos core most of the things have been fixed by Mangos developers, what partially covers that core and database has many flaws, disturbing new developers to fix. The world is ~(approx.) 80% working, the gameplay is enjoyable, most of raids have been started scripting, but unfortunately, the further we go, the less promising it looks.

2.4.3 depatched
    The alternative for pre tbc realm. From our point of view, it is the most suitable core for the most blizzlike gameplay, allowing us to work with no limits. The latest release way ago 2008. From there all 2.4.3 private servers has become so different that you could hardly see similarities.
    Believe me or not, this gives the most pre tbc feeling ever. For example, on Feenix server, where everything works and everything is classic wow you can not see the difference, but if you find yourself in a 1.12 where nothing works, we are sorry that is not a game at all, just a complete waste of nostalgic feelings.

All spells and all talents 1.12.

Hunters miss, windfury nerf, classic block and damage calculation... etc i do not have whole day to post them all. Check them out at the link above.

Feenix is running for 6th year now independantly
    , has neither ever wiped their characters nor merged with any other project

Our Priorities:

Everything 100% blizzlike. Means no bosses with half spells. No advantages to anyone.

Our Server development:

We have spent 2 years developing core to meet pre tbc values. That means no nerfs anywhere.
    Since we do not need to fix any raid, we have fixed AQ20 and AQ40. The scripts are exactly taken from blizzard, together with all events like sandstorm, Ossirian crystals, kurinnaxx - Andorov's and general waves.

all spells function 100%.
    We consider all raids to be fully functioning, naxxramas is ready to be released (1st player attunement)

UBRS: All bosses and events work 90%, rend event has workaround.
    Zulgurub: All bosses 100%, panther has minor visual flaw. Hakkar has all aspects that are removed with every primary boss kills.
    Molten Core: All bosses work 100% Core hounds disappear after Hound boss is killed. Majordomo spawns when all runes are doused, Majordomo&Ragnaros conversation and fight works 100%.
    Blackwing Lair: All bosses but razorgore are 100% functioning. Razorgore is missing 1st phase due to Mangos incapabilities, but the workarounds are being applied to it. Further bosses are 100% working, including nefarian's class calls
    AQ40: All bosses 100%. Its not yet opened, quest line works players are working on it already.

Feenix server pride:

AQ20!

All bosses 100% scripted. Kurinnaxx spawns Andorov on death. Talking to andorov triggers the event leading to General Rajaxx. After all vawes have been slain, Andorov turns into a vendor. Trash mobs (you might remember wich one i mean) have mana drain and stone forms. On death they spawn mineral nodes and on 100% mana explode. Buru, eggs and 2-phase-fight is working as on blizzard. Ayamis has 2 pahses, first phase spiting, swarm add wave all functioning 100% 2nd phase sacrifice and larva one-hit-killing works. Ossirian crystals work, removing the supreme mode and giving vulnerability, Sandstorm works, but we advice you to lower your spell graphic detail in order to see the fight. Note: Crystals are reported as non functioning and bugged on retail.
    Moam is minion comparing to all these, but still, all his spells, mana drain, explode on 100% mana and elemental adds work.

Since we quited looking at 1.12 development (we call 1.12 as "smelling brakes" because pair of developers are slowly working, while 50 leechers are watching the progress) we now work on:

Alterac valey Armor upgrades, wave spawns when quests are completed
    Mind control functionality. We all love this spell, don't we.
    Perfectionise of dual server (if one lags or crashes, second one takes over).

All information posted here is collected over 3 years of gaming on most of all private servers and from conversation between server owners. Moreover we always listen to feedback from players so we generaly can tell that all other pre tbc servers suck and want only proffit.

Feenix vanilla (pre tbc) server, is a free and non-proffit learning project, every single person is invited to join it, as player or learning developer.

We have been active on Mangos Project (former 1.12 and TBC core development) Silver Database project (pre UDB so you can say that we stand at the base of all pre- , TBC and Wotlk projects nowdays that claim to have build their core from scratch

Thank you for reading. For more information, you can visit our forums and join other 800 + pre tbc lovers, can visit our website or chit chat with us on MSN (contact information is on our website)

Kind regards,
    Feenix Server Team

ps: Love is invited to contact us on our website as we are not able to send any pm's here. Thank you
    Last edited by elemmires; 04-13-2010 at 04:33 PM.

aviator is offline Guru
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to say that the server is running awesomely 2012 and still going better and better.
    Cylarus - Level 70 Resto Druid - The Lost Ones.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast