WoW TBC project - looking for associates

This is a discussion on WoW TBC project - looking for associates within the Advertise your Private Server board part of the WoW Private Servers category; AlphaWoW.eu What we need in our team - desperately - website developers who work with php / javascript - website ...

elfenx is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WoW TBC project - looking for associates

What we need in our team

- desperately
    - website developers who work with php / javascript
    - website designers (especially people who also know a thing or two in photoshop)

- would be cool to have
    - additional game developers (core, scripts, db)

Our Vision

We wish to create a fun and competitive place, where you can blizzlikely experience content as on retail.
    We are going step by step - already started with dungeons and next are Karazhan and Arena Season 1.

Furthermore, we dont wish for money to be a factor in achieving our dream.
    Every project you find on XtremeTop100 offers you anything your heart desires - you just need to donate.
    Where is the fun in that, and where is the fun in playing on such projects ?

Be a part of a project that doesn't sell out progress, where you have to earn your equipment!

Resources and Playerbase

We have a dedicated host located in germany, which can support up to 1000 players without performance problems.
    The hosting company also supports in DDOS prevention and takes legal actions against attackers.

We are using cmangos core for TBC as a base, with many private patches.
    Also trying to maintain compatibility in so we don't miss any important feature added by them.

We have over 2,000 supporters on facebook, and over 10,000 created accounts.
    Unfortunately we are limited to 50 players online atm due to lack of qualified manpower.
    We hope to get the development going and show the project's true shine.

Ideas, plans, current development

As already mentioned, Karazhan is next on todo list.
    The only remaining serious issue is the chess event, which I started working on.
    It is near completion, only a few details remain. Only few projects (if anyone else) have the chess event!

After Karazhan is released, plan is to follow up work on Magtheridon's lair and Gruul's lair.
    There are still a few open class issues that will need solving and we'll then release Arena Season 1.
    Many of the core bugs were fixed, as well as the well known path-finding problems you are most likely aware of.

Assuming we get more manpower, there are also many unique features planned, that ought to spice it up:
    - web based reward system for staff members and all of their effort invested
    - web based guild-progress ladder, where guilds are rated based on their ingame achievements
    - web section for guilds, which includes a blog, forums, recruitment tools. guild member management etc.
    - web section for private streaming both of raids and pvp

Who we need for the team and what we offer in return

Active and motivated, qualified developers, who primarily want to improve the project so they have a fun experience.
    If you are qualified and desire to work on any aspect of the project (web - code / design, game - core / db / scripts),
    we would be honored to have you onboard as a team member.

As a team member, you won't be treated as "that guy", the community here is actually quite supportive.
    Furthermore, you will be rewarded for all the time and effort with the reward system, so you won't have to farm all the crafting materials or instance trash items, which are guaranteed but only require time and nerves to farm.
    And ultimately, Im sure we can all learn from each other and working as a team should prove as a valuable experience.

Contact and feedback

In case you have any questions etc., feel free to contact me in any way you wish or simply write here!

facebook:https://www.facebook.com/pages/AlphaWoW/183802141630632
    email: [email protected]
    irc: Rizon Chat Network (nickname: any_nick_you_want, channel: #alphawow)

Final words ...

And finally a progress preview of the Karazhan chess event after implementing the missing core requirements to make it possible. Development took 3 or 4 days. Still missing a few details like applying the penalties on movement (8 sec) and unit control (10 sec) after releasing possession.

Last edited by elfenx; 04-27-2013 at 12:38 AM.

Prodiege is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not trying to suggest that your idea is a bad one at all by saying what I am about to say, in fact I think it is a good one.

The problem I see many times with private servers is they tend to be fragmented in the sense that there are many that share the same goals and concepts.

Your current server layout sounds exactly identical to what Corecraft is doing. The following are exactly the same: Keeping endgame content Blizzlike, making leveling more dynamic, progressive content release, and no armor or weapons via donation.

Corecraft is not yet released, but does seem further along than you are (they are almost done with T5 scripting).

I am suggesting instead of continuing to make/upkeep another server with the same values, you use your talents to help make something good into something great.

I would not have suggested this to you if your server seemed further along than Corecraft, but it does not.

I am not affiliated with Corecraft in any way except that it interests me and I will likely be playing there. I am mainly looking to help bring more servers together that share the same goals in order to establish better private servers for all
    Last edited by Prodiege; 04-23-2013 at 05:38 AM.

elfenx is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well kinda does sound tempting, especially considering Im doing everything alone here.
    Problem is tho, I have players who support the project for a while now, invested a lot of time in their playtime here, I can't simply switch to somewhere else.

Prodiege is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not trying to suggest your idea is bad again, I even saw that chess video which makes me think you guys would be an amazing fit. I just have seen so many servers get into competition with one another and one of them eventually fails. If I were to bet on which server would succeed if both of you went head to head is Corecraft mainly because they have more encounters complete and they have a huge cult following currently from many months of releasing videos of dedicated scripting. I think you might want to weigh some probable outcomes: 1) Your server stays alive and flourishes, you possibly bearing the brunt of the workload 2) Your server struggles but stays alive, you possibly bearing the brunt of the workload 3) Your server fails to gain any real following and doesn't succeed, then your players have put more time into the server

There are probably more but I was just trying to make a point that I personally see many private servers and many private servers that fail, even larger ones. And I just think you guys having the same goals that teaming up would be better than trying to split up the niche of players who are looking for the experience both of you are offering. You might want to at least talk to them and see what they say, wouldn't hurt!

elfenx is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bump, still looking

updated chess event progress, nearly done