13 16.88%
  • COD7: Black Ops

5 6.49%
  • COD8: Modern Warfare 3

6 7.79%
  • Cod9: Black Ops 2

12 15.58%

Call Of duty..

This is a discussion on Call Of duty.. within the Call of Duty board part of the Hot Games category; Originally Posted by Zbon141 CoD4 all the way. MW2 killed my desire to buy any of the new ones because ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Ahiru is offline Advanced Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zbon141 View Post
    CoD4 all the way. MW2 killed my desire to buy any of the new ones because of the whole "huge" 16 player multiplayer games.

And Unknown, I believe for Ghosts they're running with an entirely new engine. They seem to be making a big deal out of it anyways.
    They are still using the same engine for Ghost.

Tarzan is offline Banned User
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whats the point in creating or updating the current engine, that costs money and it takes time

koshaan is offline /// R3 STAFF
    Array
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cod4 was also just that game, like no overpowered shit, everything was just perfect, and when you hit a nice kill with the m40 sniper it felt great.

/// R3CHEATS.COM \\\

hds
    hds is offline Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the M4A03 was an awesome gun! I did enjoy that, But i also enjoy the Intervention on MW2 along with the 50cal, I see more votes are in too! Still COD4 leading by a milestone and MW2 far but closest behind

contrazt is offline Banned User Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cod 4 <3

6. The Following User Says Thank You to contrazt For This Useful Post:

Zbon141 is offline Ex-Staff

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perfect example of why CoD4 is leading?

First time I ever played MW2 was on the quarry map. Right away I hated the 16 person multiplayer limit and then continued to die about six times in a row without even moving out of the building I spawned in. I looked at the names of the people who were killing me and noticed a majority of them were level one. They were shooting me through god knows how many walls. I then proceeded in saying, and I quote, "Fuck this." I closed the game and haven't played it since.

CoD4 on the other hand, I play at every single LAN party my oldest brother hosts. We just had our 52nd (or 53rd?) LAN as a group and we STILL play CoD4. In that game, when I get killed, I know for a fact that the other person was better than me. Not just because I know the people I play with and their skills, but also because I can kill them just as quickly.

CoD:WaW is probably the worst balanced game by far. I watched my oldest brother play online for about 20 minutes one time. He was at the airfield and was using the Thompson. I watched him approach someone, fire not one, not even two, but three full clips (and reload) before the guy he was shooting at killed him with probably three bullets from a Type 99. I've only ever played that game online maybe five times, and honestly, I don't ever want to again.

CoD:MW3 was also another example of unbalanced game play, but not even close to how bad WaW was. I never did play multiplayer, but the singleplayer campaign was pretty good. Of course when it comes to content, I'm getting tired of the whole "Russians taking over the world" idea, but I don't think the 40 million people that play CoD monthly seem to mind.

To wrap this up, the original CoD was also a very good game for its time. When it was new, people played it constantly. It was the CoD:Ghosts of 2003. Unfortunately (or rather fortunately for us gamers), Treyarch/Activision got their shit together and made a bunch of new beautiful games that upped the ante for every FPS. However, with better graphics and new story content, CoD quickly became a nice memory of what FPS used to be. I used to play CoD:UO religiously (basically CoD:1.4/1.5) and again, it was a great game, but quickly became memories as CoD4 and the other CoD games were released.

That's my opinion on the CoD games that I've played. I played a little of CoD2 but it wasn't as good as the ones I talked about previously. Still haven't played CoD3, BO1, or BO2, but I can almost guarantee that CoD4 out does them.

hds
    hds is offline Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice post, you put a lot of time into that

I see what you mean, But I was just into MW2 from when it was out, always on search and destroy with friends, messing around or just tearing teams down for me the spawn points were only a problem on the smaller maps, rust in hack lobbys was insane

i enjoyed cod4 a lot but i put a lot more time into MW2 because my friends moved on to each game! WaW wasnt as bad as you described it either XD

as for blops2 i have no comments, i hated it from word go...... Just good for zombies. I miss the zombie gameplay (Sold the game)

hds
    hds is offline Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice replies here, maybe I should make an updated one

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123