Read this before buying cd-keys

This is a discussion on Read this before buying cd-keys within the CD-Keys board part of the Marketplace category; Hey guys, after a recent influx of people selling fraudulent keys, I believe this is a necessary post to create ...

czlyxh is offline TL;DR

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Read this before buying cd-keys

Hey guys, after a recent influx of people selling fraudulent keys, I believe this is a necessary post to create in order to avoid scammers.

When dealing when transactions online, one must always be above cautious.
    Here at D3scene, we do our best to avoid members being scammer, so please take the extra time and effort to avoid them.

1. If a deal seems "too good to be true" then it probably is. Many people will buy CD-keys with a fake credit card, sell them, then either charge back or have them not be paid for, causing the game to be removed from the person who bought the CD-key. If something is too cheap, without any sale having occurred, then it is possible that the key is a fake.

2. Always use a payment method from which you are able to receive a refund. Sure, if you use something like Paypal and don't want to send a gift there is an extra fee, but paying that fee is worth the amount of money that you may lose if the seller is a fake. If the buyer then demands that it be a gift, it is possible he is attempting to scam you. If you are scammed, call the middle-man service and tell them what happened, they may be able to grant you back your money.

3. Use a middle man!!! Having a middle man present will reduce odds of being scammed on both sides. If one wishes to participate as a middle-man, please take precautions to not be scammed, especially with funds on Paypal because if they go through your account, it may be possible for those funds to be taken from your account.

4. Check the other user's profile. If the user is one who is either recently registered, being active for only a few days, weeks, or several months, or has a very low reputation, they may not be as safe to trust. Also, if the user has ANY negative feedback on his or her Trader profile, that should be an immediate deterrence from the seller until looked into further.

5. Make sure to check to make sure that the Key or game you are buying is not something that you can obtain for free yourself.
    Many people are trying to sell keys that can be obtained for free by simply searching google.

In the event that you are the victim of a scammer, PLEASE report it to myself or any administrators of the website. We would all be glad to help sort out the problem and issue a ban to the scammer. At D3scene there is ABSOLUTELY ZERO tolerance for scammers.

-Thank you for using the Marketplace!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to czlyxh For This Useful Post:

Matt is offline Bot of War

Array
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Very nice HQ post my bro.

Hopefully this helps people. I just hope they read it.

nikolanicic is offline Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes chargebacks happen for no apparent reason and are later sorted out.

Happened to me once... Bought a CD key with a regular Paypal account but from a different IP address than my home ones... I sold the key a few days later only to discover later that it has been blocked from using because of suspicion of fraudulent use of my Paypal.

Always be sure to check it out good!

Matt is offline Bot of War

Array
    Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nikolanicic View Post
    Sometimes chargebacks happen for no apparent reason and are later sorted out.

Happened to me once... Bought a CD key with a regular Paypal account but from a different IP address than my home ones... I sold the key a few days later only to discover later that it has been blocked from using because of suspicion of fraudulent use of my Paypal.

Always be sure to check it out good!
    The reason he made this, is because the seller is selling tons of keys, that ALL later get recalled etc.

It's not an isolated incident.

nikolanicic is offline Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    The reason he made this, is because the seller is selling tons of keys, that ALL later get recalled etc.

It's not an isolated incident.
    Oooh, didn't quite get the whole point, thought it was just a warning

czlyxh is offline TL;DR

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Very nice HQ post my bro.

Hopefully this helps people. I just hope they read it.
    Thank you. I hate that I actually have to make posts like this due to losers who gotta rob others, but the more that users know the better.

kjinman200 is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you. It's helpful