Counter Strike Condition Zero / GT 540 M issues

This is a discussion on Counter Strike Condition Zero / GT 540 M issues within the Counter-Strike: 1.6 Hacks board part of the Counter-Strike Forum category; Hi, I have a dell L502x laptop with an intel i7 2670, 2.2 to 3.1 ghz and an Nvidia Geforce ...

martinbaker2727 is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Counter Strike Condition Zero / GT 540 M issues

Hi, I have a dell L502x laptop with an intel i7 2670, 2.2 to 3.1 ghz and an Nvidia Geforce 540 GT M with 2 GB ddr3 memory and 8 Gigs of Ram. I updated my GPU drivers and am currently using the latest, i think 295.83 vesion. My problem is that when i run counter strike CZ, i'm restricted only to 60 fps, and i'm aware that's because my V sync is on.However when I turn Vsync off from the Nvidia control panel, I get a constant 100 fps, but at the same time, the game appears laggy and with a slight tearing effect, The graph shows 100 fps but it just doesnt feel so and is far from smooth. 60 fps with vsync on feels way smoother.My laptop refresh rate is 60( can't be increased). The game runs fine, but I've always heard pros recommending keeping v sync off.So I would like to know how others play with v sync off and manage to run the game smooth, and why am i facing this problem. Any kind of response would be appreciated, Thank you! P.S Hl.exe(CZ) has been set to high performance nvidia processor and i've checked the gpu activity monitor which shows that CZ is actually using the Nvidia GPU, so i figure this has nothing to do with optimus.
    Last edited by martinbaker2727; 12-07-2018 at 10:04 AM.

shittypants is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The workaround for this is expanding the FPS cap limit but this might cause physics bugs in game so be aware.

Open the in-game console and type the two commands:
    developer 1 (if you are steam: fps_override 1)
    fps_max 999

Now your FPS should be above 100