Some questions about loaders

This is a discussion on Some questions about loaders within the Counter-Strike: Hack Chat board part of the Counter-Strike Forum category; Originally Posted by Atex has the ability to detect keystroke to command line prompts I also have trouble believing that ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    benaghi is offline Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Atex View Post
    has the ability to detect keystroke to command line prompts
    I also have trouble believing that VAC does this.

LordTristan is offline Premium Member

Array
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kspade View Post
    Is it more safer to have a USB for every cheat? (ex 1 for interwebz, 1 for ox02) Or would it be same security if I just made different folders for every loader(friend does this) and how it would the 2nd part work if some cheats require steam to be closed? (ex. interwebz.) also can i rename loaders as-well?
    Valve enumerates all devices, they will see the suspicious process or module they want to scan exists on a device that was disconnected. The purpose of running a cheat on the USB is because the Usn Journal only exists on NTFS drives and most USB are FAT, FAT32 or exFAT so if you force your users to run a cheat from a USB that is not NTFS, you're protecting them against a potential detection vector. I do it specifically to remove the possibility of a client detection via USN Journal. Dopescope's comments are partially true but they're just so poorly worded that it sounds absurd when you read it how he typed it.

The keystrokes, he may be referring to commands because VAC does indeed detect bunny hop scripting if it appears too robotic, they do enumerate devices as well and they can tell if a process or file existed on a disconnected USB. They do create unique identifiers using fileIndexHi, fileIndexLo and the VolumeNo and it is true that renaming and moving the file doesn't often change the identifier. I haven't seen proof of them decompressing files or processes being scanned, you could maybe do that with UPX but not with something like VMProtect, Themida or NoobyProtect.

I also did bring up recently that I was told Valve appeared to be heading toward scanning for deleted cheat files that had not yet had the space they once used overwritten with new files.
    Last edited by LordTristan; 08-24-2015 at 02:01 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12