[Suggestion] Cut the guests leaching.

This is a discussion on [Suggestion] Cut the guests leaching. within the D3scene related board part of the General category; Seeing as how most people that are viewing are guests, there is no reputation being spread for users who contribute ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    7dedlysins is offline Guru
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Suggestion] Cut the guests leaching.

Seeing as how most people that are viewing are guests, there is no reputation being spread for users who contribute except for a select few users. And I know that guests cannot click the files uploaded on d3 scene, but the fact of the matter is that people just host it on Rapidshare, Filebeam, zShare, megaupload, etc. Too many people are getting cut of their contributions because some subforums are just being leached.

My suggestion? Make it so users have to register to see threads. And maybe 5 posts to see links in a thread. This will reduce the amount of leachers and give d3scene more members.

MaRcDk is offline Business Owner

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7dedlysins View Post
    Seeing as how most people that are viewing are guests, there is no reputation being spread for users who contribute except for a select few users. And I know that guests cannot click the files uploaded on d3 scene, but the fact of the matter is that people just host it on Rapidshare, Filebeam, zShare, megaupload, etc. Too many people are getting cut of their contributions because some subforums are just being leached.

My suggestion? Make it so users have to register to see threads. And maybe 5 posts to see links in a thread. This will reduce the amount of leachers and give d3scene more members.
    This suggestion has been suggested many times, last time we did it, we got 20.000 new INACTIV users..

A good suggestion would be to set 30 reputation required to see download links in certain sections, like Warcraft 3 hacks section and so on

X-räi is offline ɯnıɯǝɹd
    Array
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think due to the high visits this site gets payed .... and as only guests can see the ads --> the guests are kinda bringing a part of the money needed to pay this site ( correct in case i am wrong)

i would suggest enabling ads for registered, too^^ maybe cut them out for premium or higher.

^using CHROME now
    Banned users: 0 (Counting since: 04.06.2008)

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by X-räi View Post
    i think due to the high visits this site gets payed .... and as only guests can see the ads --> the guests are kinda bringing a part of the money needed to pay this site ( correct in case i am wrong)

i would suggest enabling ads for registered, too^^ maybe cut them out for premium or higher.
    Good idea (incase Hendric gets more money for it ofcause)

Volund is offline Banned

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcdk View Post
    Good idea (incase Hendric gets more money for it ofcause)
    Heh, we may get paid then

I'll talk to him about adding more ads.

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good ideas and edits of it. I was kind of upset when I looked at the user list and I see 24 users and 378 guests.

I guess another reason I was upset was because of the fact that I released private hacks and all guests just took it.

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcdk View Post
    This suggestion has been suggested many times, last time we did it, we got 20.000 new INACTIV users..

A good suggestion would be to set 30 reputation required to see download links in certain sections, like Warcraft 3 hacks section and so on
    If we set it to 30 reputation points, there wouldn't be any downloads really, seeing as how most of the guests just leach and don't people. And those who contribute might be contributing to a subforum that only guests leach off of.

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good ideas and edits of it. I was kind of upset when I looked at the user list and I see 24 users and 378 guests.

I guess another reason I was upset was because of the fact that I released private hacks and all guests just took it.
    I know the feeling, my solobot has been downloaded by more then 500 people, leechers most of them -.-

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heh, I released the stuff mainly to get , because I really do want a premium membership. But I come to realize that all I did was possibly kill the game the hack was made for, seeing as how its so imbalanced. But then the leachers just download it and leave, which is kind of annoying.

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heh, I released the stuff mainly to get , because I really do want a premium membership. But I come to realize that all I did was possibly kill the game the hack was made for, seeing as how its so imbalanced. But then the leachers just download it and leave, which is kind of annoying.
    I would have had more then 2500 rep if all leechers had ped me, lol

A good suggestion would be not to release all things as once, if you have 4 hacks you wants to contribute, don't do it at once, people can't rep you more than once in a row, and people seems not to care whether one hack, or 4 hacks gets released. It's pretty stupid, but that's the way to go. Also if you release 4 hacks at once you might not get as many comments as you had expected.. Hope that helped for future things you want to share

Anyways, thanks for this thread, + rep for the suggestion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast