Some way to get new users to Use the +rep and +thanks button

This is a discussion on Some way to get new users to Use the +rep and +thanks button within the D3scene related board part of the General category; Well still though even if they didn't like what they downloaded or the link they followed the person could have ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    fogest is offline Banned User Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well still though even if they didn't like what they downloaded or the link they followed the person could have still posted somethign useful for others so they may deserve for it.Or anyway if that's how they work then they could download it anyway just say know there and then after if wanted.

AlexanderTheGreat is offline Enter user title here.
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you actually want a for what you posted, you are a faggot. We contribute here so we could expand this community and because we love D3Scene, it's not Reputation that matters, it's friendship (o.o). Reputation just comes along the way.
    Let's eat Grandpa! - Let's eat, Grandpa!
    Punctuation, it saves lives.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AlexanderTheGreat For This Useful Post:

Big_Bob- is offline Mentor
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Btw, the "Thanks" button is available with 10 or 15 posts (im not sure), so noob users without posts can't give or .

razathru is offline The not so evul DOC!

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no point on forcing the users to give rep to particular threads, that will bring down the value of certain good threads when compared to below average ones. My only suggestion is just to keep on contributing for the lovely site and see its development, reputation will definitely come along the way.

Probably we should be concerned of certain threads which doesn't get much attention eventhough they are really worth it.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to razathru For This Useful Post:

Mads is offline Formerly Zo8

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd actually prefer a "thank you" over rep anyday.

razathru is offline The not so evul DOC!

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by razathru View Post
    Probably we should be concerned of certain threads which doesn't get much attention eventhough they are really worth it.
    This is the reason I brought this topic up.Now stop complaining over people in wanting .Just get over it.Whats wrong with wanting .If your going to say it's a bad thing to have it then whats the point in even having it on this site?

Serverman is offline Paranoia!

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its ok to want rep, just dont ask for it. As said in our FAQ: rep should be given by ones own free will
    My car is not leaking oil?
    Its marking its territory!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Serverman For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes this is what I mean I am not trying to say that I am asking for it I am simply stating my point based on things I have seen.So PLEASE stop thinking that I am begging for here.This decisions is up to admins anyway so we need the admins option on this of what they think.

killerwave7 is offline Premium Member

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fogest View Post
    I think that there needs to be a way so that those newbie users you just make an account to download stuff or anyone who is around a newbie user should be somehow informed how to give and or something around those lines.I find I see a lot of files here that have tons of downloads but only a few people who gave them for it.So I think it would really help those users who actually are striving toward for the rewards of it and enjoy to contribute!
    Ok, I'm going to try to clarify things up so no ideas are miscommunicated

From this first post that created the purpose of this thread, I am going to try to rephrase what you meant:
    Many people who come to D3Scene for the first time may not be aware of the +Rep button (Since thanks is only available to 10+ post users) and you are proposing the solution that there should be a more active yet informative way of why and how a person can another person for their contributions. He does not want people to be forced to give but rather make new users more aware of the system and his example of application is for when people download things by other users.

For those who might be not be clear of Fogest's meaning, he said "he thinks it would really help those users who are striving toward rep" which means that it will indirectly/inadvertently help those who would like to be appreciated for their efforts. Nowhere is he advocating that he desires or that other users only contribute to gain . He was merely stating a possible consequence of his solution.

The intentions of his message was a proposition to improve a situation that occurs at this forum on a daily basis and I think that it was a good start to try and always suggest new ideas and improvements similar to how Hendricius asks for new opinions on things.

I think Jolinar understood the theory very well and probably posted the best constructive criticism towards Fogest's solution. I think maybe we could send the new users a message similar to "Thanks for registering!" (just my idea though, i'll try to think of more)

=DD thanks for reading, hope this clears things up!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to killerwave7 For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast