View Poll Results: What's worse, stealing CD keys or paying for hacks?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stealing CD keys

44 70.97%
  • Paying for hacks

18 29.03%

What's worse: Stealing CD Keys for games OR paying for hacks on games?

This is a discussion on What's worse: Stealing CD Keys for games OR paying for hacks on games? within the D3scene related board part of the General category; Originally Posted by Roflicer Tell that to blizzard while they spend 1.8million a year in anti hack development and prevention ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Idbjorn is offline Advanced Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roflicer View Post
    Tell that to blizzard while they spend 1.8million a year in anti hack development and prevention
    On top of that mess count in the people who sold a hack for money which resulted in the people losing their account from BLIZZARD spending money on antihack technology, but if they didn't the game would be ruined and if they did it continues somewhat of a circular thief and waste scenario. The company is pathetic for trying to still sell ancient games at such high prices, Steam gives you a huge discount on weekend deals off decent games once in awhile. Why even buy digital for $20 when I can send someone $5 on a forum and get the same result.

djbloo101 is offline Wannabe Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    stealing CDKeys. :|

mr_ice is offline ch4s with <3

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I personally think that both methods are wrong but for me the bad one is stealing cd key

But I agree with Roflicer

NeSuckS is offline Banned User
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paying for hacks is worse

what kind of idiot pays for hacks??

If ur able to take a cdkey from someone, it means that they are retarded and deserve to have their key stolen.

btw mr_ice, i got my cdkeys from scamming ppl thru bnet chat and I didn't scam ppl by doing cdkey trades.

mr_ice is offline ch4s with <3

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NeSuckS View Post
    Paying for hacks is worse

what kind of idiot pays for hacks??

If ur able to take a cdkey from someone, it means that they are retarded and deserve to have their key stolen.

btw mr_ice, i got my cdkeys from scamming ppl thru bnet chat and I didn't scam ppl by doing cdkey trades.
    I know I read your thread how you got your cd keys with your chat bot

But you know how they say "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth"

I personally didn't pay not one game in my whole life nor did i pay any of the priv hacks I used.

vcub3s is offline Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stealing Keys/ Accounts. Because when you cheat and someone gets obset he can just change the server and does not lose the whole game
    Lol Whut

Banekai is offline Mentor
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think stealing cd keys is more wrong. It's taking profit from someone else (in the case of a store) or it's taking something someone bought (or most likely) with their own money. Either way I find it wrong.

You pay for hacks, you're a sucker. No offense to people who have ^-^
    http://www.d3scene.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=358749&dateline=13048  26804

Idbjorn is offline Advanced Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any retailers buys those CD keys in bulks and gets them much cheaper than $60 a unit so I guess they can cry a river. It's not like nobody would ever steal from you or take you down a peg. I wouldn't be so quick to praise walmart since they're too powerful as it is and once a company has made more from a game than they spent on development it's all the more reason the price should be taken down more, how much can 26 character of text be worth at the end of the day? It really doesn't matter because there's going to be a point, if not already passed, where there will be no retailers carrying PC games. It will all be digitally purchased like steam, blizzard, etc. you usually find the better deal from cd key shops and forums anyway. The player count for those games will be much lower since not everyone has $60 to blow on a game. I mean the end product is supposed to be quality, least buggy, and run on a variety of Windows platforms at the least. Grand Theft Auto IV is the best example, originally $60, people hated it for the terrible job Rockstar did with the PC port. Now if you're going to spend $60 on something that doesn't work well in the first place, you can't help but feel cheated and this is another reason why people want to steal CD keys. A company can fuck a customer over, so why wouldn't the player choose to do the same?

This is also part of why torrents are so popular, and cracked/pirated games. People want to make sure that game is good and exactly as described before dropping cash on it to have multi-player access and more.
    Last edited by Idbjorn; 05-09-2011 at 08:24 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123