D3scene needs you!

This is a discussion on D3scene needs you! within the D3scene related board part of the General category; Like: I like pretty much everything. Dislike: I don't like the skin. I don't how the newer games aren't give ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    brimblood is offline TreeFOU

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like:
    I like pretty much everything.

Dislike:
    I don't like the skin.
    I don't how the newer games aren't give a spot on the Game Forum button on the navigation bar.
    I don't like that I have no help in the marketplace. I need some help over there.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to brimblood For This Useful Post:

Tracky is offline Administrator

Array
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Keep things going guys
    We do appreciate every single post of you!

Xoyse is offline 不关心明天
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the forum, but I hate the amount of people that spam to 10 posts than post their add and are off again..

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Xoyse For This Useful Post:

mr_ice is offline ch4s with <3

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First what I like:

I really like the active and helpful global and ordinary mods.
    I like most of the users here that are elder and + rank.
    I have no problems with the simple theme.
    I like the chat box, maybe just to expand it's capability upgrade it somehow. (not sure if possible)

What I don't like:

We have a really bad countermeasures for spammers. We have to have some kind of a system that will either restrict the new users that just registered from the marketplace and posting in certain sections for example until they get 3 rep from a trusted user or something like that (some kind of a approval system).

I actually hate our premium section, now this might sound bad but we really have to do something bout it.
    Either organize some kind of premium giveaways or something bec when you compare the premium section from the time when I was an elder user and now it's just sad.

I dislike how users are really unmotivated to contribute. because there have been times when I have seen some guys contribute some really great stuff and maybe me +2 other guys were to rep him while some other higher rank users would just spam the thread/topic and would get +10 rep and +35 thanks for just writing something stupid like I like cookies. Now I don't know how it's for others but this really demotivates me and makes me not want to contribute.

We have problems with leechers and leaking stuff but that and most of it can get sorted out with the approval system for new users and restriction to some threads for them.

Also for the new marketplace dealers either make them that they must provide a sample to a GMod or some other trusted user before they can trade so that they are vouched for. This would prevent scams a lot more.

Also maybe we should update our logo since we are called D3 scene and D3 did come out and in our logo we still have a Diablo from D2 I think. ( we could use a bit of a darker theme)

Something like that guide making we had and for a good guide you get paid like 2-5$ or whatever the reward was. Would be great to have something similar to that again.

Also I really don't like the fact bec of our prem section that their is almost no advantages for being a premium user, it's almost the same as elder if you exclude the color change.

Hope we can improve the community all together.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mr_ice For This Useful Post:

Valefor2 is offline Banned User Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should implement a feature on this d3scene site that tracks IP downs so we can possibly recognized people that are doubling accounts.

BabybeastlyD is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well being new to the forum, so far I like the design. It could be a little better, but its regular and good. As far as the dislikes, I think being one is the banner. Even though its simple, I suggest putting a bigger banner maybe and deleting some space in the forums? Just a suggestion . Anyways keep rocking admins and making the forum better!

GoldenOne is offline Advanced Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -The way the forums and sub-forums are identified
    -The giveaways

Dislikes: -The amount of time it can to get a mediator for a trade
    -The amount of scammers in the market place

mr_ice is offline ch4s with <3

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Valefor2 View Post
    You should implement a feature on this d3scene site that tracks IP downs so we can possibly recognized people that are doubling accounts.
    A mod can see IP's of the users so that's already taken care of.

Smoogel is offline Premium Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_ice View Post
    A mod can see IP's of the users so that's already taken care of.
    It's a shame most of which hide behind a proxy or VPN network

To deal with spammers: Get a anti spam VB plugin. Make (or get) moderators who effectively see and deal with spammers and get rid of those who barely do anything (sorry, theirs loads of people who I don't even know if they are mods or not and if they are seem to do noting). Spammers are not hard to see.

Next step install Cloudflare. Not sure if this forum has it or not, not really sure how to check. But it would help a little.

Registration also needs to be more secure. There are bots that can solve these image verifications. Maybe one of them random questions could be nice and can reduce the use of bots.

And the last step to reducing spamming, which is probably one of the most important, encourage people to hit the report button then the moderators can look into it. Sadly though as far as I can tell this forum has a lot of moderators but if I was to report a post it would take a long time before anything would be done...

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Smoogel For This Useful Post:

Darchrow is offline Life's good.

Array
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoogel View Post
    And the last step to reducing spamming, which is probably one of the most important, encourage people to hit the report button then the moderators can look into it. Sadly though as far as I can tell this forum has a lot of moderators but if I was to report a post it would take a long time before anything would be done...
    Usually I act immediately. I check the reported posts and the rest daily. However, there is a lot of work for GMods and Admins because we have to care about any matters every day and check forums for spam/malware/reported posts/approvals.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast