Prohibit Asking for Rep and Thanks

This is a discussion on Prohibit Asking for Rep and Thanks within the D3scene related board part of the General category; Hi users, I have opened this thread for to tell you about an idea that certainly has already been discussed ...

johnmcloud is offline Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prohibit Asking for Rep and Thanks

Hi users,
    I have opened this thread for to tell you about an idea that certainly has already been discussed here.
    I see too many giveaway/thread with the rules " or for participate", and other with " AND for partecipate"!, so if 10 people participate, you end up with 20 points...

I think this is contrary to the proper use of rep point, a user should be thankful if the post is useful, not because it is forced.

If we add the rule to avoid asking for a rep point i think we can have more elder/premium user with real rep point for useful post, not only because forced if i want to partecipate to a giveaway/thread

In the past, only once time, i have used the same system but it was the first and the last time, just check it out my giveaway thread in the freebies section

This is what I think

P.S. Now give me AND for this thread or go away LOL

johnmcloud has been approved by Ryan

2. The Following User Says Thank You to johnmcloud For This Useful Post:

Matt is offline Bott

Array
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Like making people take it off their posts is going to help. They will still get or for the giveaway regardless. It's people saying "Thanks" for giving away stuff, without actually saying it.

Think about it.

What post on this forum doesn't get or ?

@kent

Zacro is offline WoW Leveling Services

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have to agree with this also. I have used this system just once myself on a giveaway, but it is rather wrong to make it a requirement in order to enter for the giveaway. I agree 100%

Matt is right in a sense also.....

Matt is offline Bott

Array
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacro View Post
    I would have to agree with this also. I have used this system just once myself on a giveaway, but it is rather wrong to make it a requirement in order to enter for the giveaway. I agree 100%

Matt is right in a sense also.....
    Most people, Like I, put at the bottom that it is not a requirement, but is appreciated.

@kent

johnmcloud is offline Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Like making people take it off their posts is going to help. They will still get or for the giveaway regardless. It's people saying "Thanks" for giving away stuff, without actually saying it.

Think about it.
    I think you see the question from a different point of view.
    If someone want to thanks a giveaway it's normal, but it's not normal to make a rules like "if you me you can have this", normally in real life you can thanks after receiving the good, if you want, why do you compel me to do so before?

What post on this forum doesn't get or ?
    Check it out my last giveaway thread of hitman beta, without the rules " me or go to hell" not everyone has give me a for my post, but they participated the same at the giveaway...but prefer it that way, at least know who thanked really for the useful post and not because I have imposed a rule

Most people, Like I, put at the bottom that it is not a requirement, but is appreciated.
    For many ( and i think the is 98% of users ) is a requirement, that's the problem ( i don't want to post here the link, just check it out the freebies section )

If you want to write:
    If you like my post give me a --> OK
    or you will not partecipate --> No good
    Last edited by johnmcloud; 09-19-2012 at 07:57 AM.

johnmcloud has been approved by Ryan

Jolinar is offline rapid response team #1

Array
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Obviously, that is prohibited - just report such threads.