[Suggestion] Trusted user title

This is a discussion on [Suggestion] Trusted user title within the D3scene related board part of the General category; The question seems to come up alot weather or not a user is trusted here on D3scene, i think having ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    h4344 is offline Banzai!

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Suggestion] Trusted user title

The question seems to come up alot weather or not a user is trusted here on D3scene, i think having some sort of title (like the coder, elder user, donator, etc) or official list would help people who are looking for a trusted user who can provide services find someone without having to start whole new threads asking about it. The way users would obtain this status is kinda open i suppose since there are many different ways. I personally think anything with time on the site would be a bad idea since there are so many people who have accounts here since like 2009 but with fewer than 50 posts.

I know we have a section for premium members. But sometimes new users come around looking for some help and they wont find any unless they stick around for 350 rep.

Last edited by h4344; 05-13-2013 at 02:38 AM.

Matt is offline Bott

Array
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Trusted users should be required to scan a valid copy of their drivers license. and pay like 5 bucks.

@kent

<GM>Bumblebee is offline I'm The Good Bee :)

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by h4344 View Post
    The question seems to come up alot weather or not a user is trusted here on D3scene, i think having some sort of title (like the coder, elder user, donator, etc) or official list would help people who are looking for a trusted user who can provide services find someone without having to start whole new threads asking about it. The way users would obtain this status is kinda open i suppose since there are many different ways. I personally think anything with time on the site would be a bad idea since there are so many people who have accounts here since like 2009 but with fewer than 50 posts.

I know we have a section for premium members. But sometimes new users come around looking for some help and they wont find any unless they stick around for 350 rep.
    I like the title idea

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Trusted users should be required to scan a valid copy of their drivers license. and pay like 5 bucks.
    Not everyone has the time/money for that, but if they have proven trade feedback they should get the title.

Click here To see all my Tutorials and get Help.

Matt is offline Bott

Array
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by <GM>Bumblebee View Post
    I like the title idea

Not everyone has the time/money for that, but if they have proven trade feedback they should get the title.
    I honestly just suggested what ownedcore already does. I hate having to pay for shit. But if someone will take the time out to send a valid copy of their license, saying its them. That's deserving of something.

I was scammed by a moderator on this site when I first joined. He had posts/rep/feedback and whatnot. Seemed to not matter.

@kent

Safou is offline '-'

Array
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I mean what Matt said can happen, but I feel Elder User is kinda trustworthy a bit. Idk I wouldn't mind the title either.

Now to find a post of late, you have read to start this race!

AbrasiveZealot is offline Master Hacker

Array
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anything like this were to be implemented I would go along with Matts idea, there would need to be some incentive as to not scam or whatever after becoming trusted.

$5 for it to be worth the admins time to implement, and if you screw it up your license (maybe excluding home address) get's put up publicly for everyone to laugh at.
    Click for cookies.

Ryan is offline Ubiquitous

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a good idea. ..

h4344 is offline Banzai!

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im not sure how i feel about the license idea since that's alot of personal information to give out (although im sure it would damn near eliminate all scammers from the group in question). I agree that there needs to be a pretty big incentive to not scam otherwise the group is pointless. Could probably even slap on a few prereq's (1000 posts, 500 rep etc)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to h4344 For This Useful Post:

Ryan is offline Ubiquitous

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm thinking having the contributor title should be required. What do you think?

AbrasiveZealot is offline Master Hacker

Array
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by h4344 View Post
    Im not sure how i feel about the license idea since that's alot of personal information to give out (although im sure it would damn near eliminate all scammers from the group in question). I agree that there needs to be a pretty big incentive to not scam otherwise the group is pointless. Could probably even slap on a few prereq's (1000 posts, 500 rep etc)
    I'd recommend blurring out the users signature, home address, DOB, DL/ID number, issue date, and the expiration. Then really all that's left is the state, full name, picture, and a somewhat accurate description of you. If someone applies for or gets a trusted user group and still scams then I don't see how that information would be harmful enough to not put up, and it's a good incentive to not do it. Hell, if something like this gets implemented I'll be the first to apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I'm thinking having the contributor title should be required. What do you think?
    Isn't that 1,000 rep? Seems a bit high to me...

You can pretty much assume that if someone has 1,000 rep they're probably trusted, if rep would be a prerequisite then I don't see how putting it above that of the premium group would make sense.
    Last edited by AbrasiveZealot; 05-13-2013 at 06:35 AM.
    Click for cookies.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to AbrasiveZealot For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast