Politics and stuffs forum

This is a discussion on Politics and stuffs forum within the D3scene related board part of the General category; If we start this subforum, I totally want to moderate a "Emotions/Feelings" subforum. I may not be Dr. Tran with ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Zbon141 is offline Ex-Staff

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we start this subforum, I totally want to moderate a "Emotions/Feelings" subforum. I may not be Dr. Tran with a PhD. in kicking your ass, but I can be rather helpful with stressful shit.

AmpFlorian is offline I'm Back

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zbon141 View Post
    If we start this subforum, I totally want to moderate a "Emotions/Feelings" subforum. I may not be Dr. Tran with a PhD. in kicking your ass, but I can be rather helpful with stressful shit.
    I feel like this reaching a bit too far, Matt is right, it would get super messy and cluttered if we do too much.

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsRaininPandas View Post
    I feel like this reaching a bit too far, Matt is right, it would get super messy and cluttered if we do too much.
    I wasn't really being serious with that... I mean I'd do that if they decided to, but yea, don't start making tons of threads because "people want them". Fuck what people want, you guys are the admins/mods. What you guys say/do is what stands.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zbon141 For This Useful Post:

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't really being serious with that... I mean I'd do that if they decided to, but yea, don't start making tons of threads because "people want them". Fuck what people want, you guys are the admins/mods. What you guys say/do is what stands.
    Well, I agree but the point of all this is to improve the community as much as possible.

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsRaininPandas View Post
    Well, I agree but the point of all this is to improve the community as much as possible.
    Honestly, more subforums probably would improve the community, but yes, it would be more confusing and would have to be heavily moderated (depending on the topic(s)).

Matt is offline Bott

Array
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Honestly, more subforums probably would improve the community, but yes, it would be more confusing and would have to be heavily moderated (depending on the topic(s)).

I don't see sub-forums helping anything. Look at these ones for instance...

RPGs, MMORPGs, Online Strategy Games
    First-Person-Shooters
    Sport/Racing Games
    Console Games

These are just a few of the sections where All the subforums cause mass confusion, which leads to people not posting in the correct section anyway.

Why would someone post something in the FPS section when there are already so many other sections that share the same basic concept. If the section itself was just "First person shooters" Without all the "Sub-forums" It would look hell of a lot more active then all the ones already in there. Adding too many sections gets messy. Whether you think it would help or not.

@kent

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matt For This Useful Post:

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post

First-Person-Shooters
    Sport/Racing Games
    Console Games

These are just a few of the sections where All the subforums cause mass confusion, which leads to people not posting in the correct section anyway.

Why would someone post something in the FPS section when there are already so many other sections that share the same basic concept. If the section itself was just "First person shooters" Without all the "Sub-forums" It would look hell of a lot more active then all the ones already in there. Adding too many sections gets messy. Whether you think it would help or not.
    Agreed, that's why this can be a very touchy decision.

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post

First-Person-Shooters
    Sport/Racing Games
    Console Games

I understand what you're saying, and I'm not trying to go against it at all, but I meant more general subforums would probably help. As in there could be one simply called "Controversial Topics" where it clearly states that that's where politics and religion go. Post count should also NOT count for this subforum because some people might make it their living to troll or simply constantly deny certain viewpoints. Again, not trying to disagree with anyone, just throwing my thoughts out.

Safou is offline '-'

Array
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Then comes along of "this is a hacking/gaming website". We already stated before that we have "General Discussion" and "Spamboard" to talk about the "non-hacking/gaming" topics.
    As much as I like the new idea of the politics/religion section, I do see why there is no point really into having it. Probably just another section that may be totally useless and inactive. We are basing this off maybe like 1-3 people lol?
    Would I personally be active? Possibly since I have huge interest in religious belief and I am very curious. I am one who seeks knowledge of others, and my environment.

Now to find a post of late, you have read to start this race!

Matt is offline Bott

Array
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I understand what you're saying, and I'm not trying to go against it at all, but I meant more general subforums would probably help. As in there could be one simply called "Controversial Topics" where it clearly states that that's where politics and religion go. Post count should also NOT count for this subforum because some people might make it their living to troll or simply constantly deny certain viewpoints. Again, not trying to disagree with anyone, just throwing my thoughts out.
    If that was the case, post count shouldn't count in many of the already existing sections. Therefore general chat, real life hacks, etc would have to not have them. I do agree on the "Controversial Topics" title for it though. Just leave it at that. Because if someone has anything to say about Politics or religion, they'll just post it. I wouldn't see the section being THAT active. If you add in the subforums for politics, religion, etc. You'd only come out with like, two main threads people will post in.

@kent

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast