Members we need your ideas.

This is a discussion on Members we need your ideas. within the D3scene related board part of the General category; Originally Posted by koshaan It should display to everybody on this thread that I gave rep yo panda for his ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Phoenix is offline Premium Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by koshaan View Post
    It should display to everybody on this thread that I gave rep yo panda for his post.
    Agree,that was cool and rep should work like that.

imajerk is offline Guru

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make the button more visible with text, as suggested either "Thanks" or "Rep" and with a star or whatever you find suitable, but have it doing the same thing and as it did before (add one rep., per given/received).
    Quote Originally Posted by ORGANNER
    It's easier to reverse engineer Immunity.sys than understand girls.

Jolinar is offline rapid response team #1

Array
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It should display to everybody on this thread that I gave rep yo panda for his post.
    It should display to Panda that you gave him rep for a post. Not everyone. That would make people rep something just because other people repped it and would make the rep system pointless. This was already explained in this thread.

koshaan is offline /// R3 STAFF
    Array
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolinar View Post
    It should display to Panda that you gave him rep for a post. Not everyone. That would make people rep something just because other people repped it and would make the rep system pointless. This was already explained in this thread.
    but the main part with thanks was to show everybody that you liked that post and agreed withhim and stuff.

/// R3CHEATS.COM \\\

NHunTeR is offline Hacker

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as you can see the Rep someone has received on the profile of that person I don't think there is any benefit in having it displayed on the post.

Phoenix is offline Premium Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolinar View Post
    But thanks worked that way and I don't think that people thanked to others just because they see that others used thanks,it only can help that someone who fogrot about thanks or its new and doesn't know about thanks to see that list and then he says "oh yea I forgot to thanks for this useful post" ...

And that also showed to others is someone cheat//post good to try,like if you see someones aim with 20+ thanks,you pretty much know that you should try it and on end if it's good you will also use thanks.

At least I don't think that anyone used thanks because someone else used for all this time we had that options here.
    Last edited by Phoenix; 02-23-2014 at 01:37 PM.

Jolinar is offline rapid response team #1

Array
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsRaininPandas View Post
    Good point, if it's possible I think having the list of names again would make people more likely to rep if that makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    That almost defeats the point of the rep system. If someone deserves rep, you rep them. You shouldn't rep someone just because other people have. You have to feel that they deserve it. It shouldn't be given blindly either, like the thanks were. People thanked the most useless of posts.

I think it should just be the rep button, but instead of the star, make it button.

Plus, the fact you can choose how much rep to give, is an awesome feature. So, if you want to thank someone, give them one rep. That's what the button did.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbrasiveZealot View Post
    I really did like the way the posts showed the list of thanks, when I used to release stuff it was a nice way too see how many people were using it. I can agree though that the thanks system is too easy to abuse. If its possible then I'd really like to see a combination of the 2, where the rep system is used instead but it still shows who added the rep. If seeing the list is a problem then maybe a way to only show it to the user that's logged in (only on their own posts).
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    But thanks worked that way and I don't think that people thanked to others just because they see that others used thanks,it only can help that someone who fogrot about thanks or its new and doesn't know about thanks to see that list and then he says "oh yea I forgot to thanks for this useful post" ...

And that also showed to others is someone cheat//post good to try,like if you see someones aim with 20+ thanks,you pretty much know that you should try it and on end if it's good you will also use thanks.

At least I don't think that anyone used thanks because someone else used for all this time we had that options here.
    We were over this already.

Matt is offline Bott

Array
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The main point of thanks was to give appreciation for a post, not to show everyone that you did it. Clearly you guys are looking at the part of it that we are trying to get out of. Abuse of the reputation system.

We don't want people repping a post, just because other people have. That's abusing the system. That is giving reputation for no other reason than the fact someone else has already.

@kent

koshaan is offline /// R3 STAFF
    Array
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    The main point of thanks was to give appreciation for a post, not to show everyone that you did it. Clearly you guys are looking at the part of it that we are trying to get out of. Abuse of the reputation system.

We don't want people repping a post, just because other people have. That's abusing the system. That is giving reputation for no other reason than the fact someone else has already.
    Noehh. I want to show it so everybody can see that i Agree with the post instead of having to post a SPAM comment saying the same / just saying i agree.

/// R3CHEATS.COM \\\

Matt is offline Bott

Array
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Noehh. I want to show it so everybody can see that i Agree with the post instead of having to post a SPAM comment saying the same / just saying i agree.
    If you rep their post, they know that you agree with it. No one else needs to know except the main person of the post.

This isn't facebook ,it's a forum.

@kent

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast