Members we need your ideas.

This is a discussion on Members we need your ideas. within the D3scene related board part of the General category; Look guys, I think our best bet is to stay with it the way it is. If you guys would ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    AmpFlorian is offline I'm Back

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look guys, I think our best bet is to stay with it the way it is. If you guys would give the new system a shot you would actually come to find out its not that bad. I personally just think the icon should be more apparent or bigger in case a new user it clueless on what the star does. Screw the thanks and the list.

Matt is offline Bott

Array
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsRaininPandas View Post
    Look guys, I think our best bet is to stay with it the way it is. If you guys would give the new system a shot you would actually come to find out its not that bad. I personally just think the icon should be more apparent or bigger in case a new user it clueless on what the star does. Screw the thanks and the list.
    That's what I was saying, put the icon where the thanks WAS, and make it the button = WIN.

You should only give rep to people when they deserve it, not blindly.

@kent

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    That's what I was saying, put the icon where the thanks WAS, and make it the button = WIN.

You should only give rep to people when they deserve it, not blindly.
    But, when someone receives rep, does it show how much they received from that person? That's another question I have.

Matt is offline Bott

Array
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsRaininPandas View Post
    But, when someone receives rep, does it show how much they received from that person? That's another question I have.
    No, it doesn't show that. That would be a good thing to add though. On their own profile.

@kent

czlyxh is offline TL;DR

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe that the rep button should be changed to say something like +Reputation or, as said earlier, be changed to the rep button that exists ( ). Also, as was just stated, it would be a pretty good idea to show how much rep was given. There should also be a button to replace the thanks button, to give a quick 1 rep, after clicking on the rep button, if the person giving rep wishes to do so. Finally, I think it would also be cool if it said something like "These members approve of this post" and then showing the names of each person who repped that post, similar to how the Thanks button worked.

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, so I have made my vote, keep this system, possible change of icon and show how much rep was given (visible to only that person on the reputation part of their profile).

Jolinar is offline rapid response team #1

Array
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So so far we have

1. Relocate the rep button to where thanks was at (sort of unnecessary though - isn't it on the far left already if you're not mod?)
    2. Change the icon (a custom one or possibly the )
    3. Show how much rep was given on the user profile under reputation

Tracky. Pls.

Matt is offline Bott

Array
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by czlyxh View Post
    I believe that the rep button should be changed to say something like +Reputation or, as said earlier, be changed to the rep button that exists ( ). Also, as was just stated, it would be a pretty good idea to show how much rep was given. There should also be a button to replace the thanks button, to give a quick 1 rep, after clicking on the rep button, if the person giving rep wishes to do so. Finally, I think it would also be cool if it said something like "These members approve of this post" and then showing the names of each person who repped that post, similar to how the Thanks button worked.
    A quick +1 rep button is the thanks button. I think people should just stop being lazy and take the extra step to give rep. Also, if people want to see how many people approve or like their post, they should make a poll. We don't want the rep system being ABUSED like it has been so regularly.

Make rep button bigger

Then, if you actually appreciate someone's post. REP THEM. That way they can see that you actually gave a shit. When I see a post with like 5 thanks, It's normally because people just hit that due to them being lazy, hitting it because of everyone else who has, or the very slim chance that they actually cared to thank the post. It get's abused way too much. 99% of the rep abusers used the thanks system. If we eliminate that, we eliminate the major route of rep abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolinar View Post
    So so far we have

1. Relocate the rep button to where thanks was at (sort of unnecessary though - isn't it on the far left already if you're not mod?)
    2. Change the icon (a custom one or possibly the )
    3. Show how much rep was given on the user profile under reputation

Tracky. Pls.
    Didn't take the mod part into account. I'm too used to having that other button there.

So basically just change the button Icon, and show rep on their profile.

If you wanna see how many people appreciated your post? Look at your user reputation on your profile. It says their name, and that they gave rep for it.

Win.

@kent

h4344 is offline Banzai!

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +Rep button should be fine. People tend to know what it means around forums.

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    A quick +1 rep button is the thanks button. I think people should just stop being lazy and take the extra step to give rep. Also, if people want to see how many people approve or like their post, they should make a poll. We don't want the rep system being ABUSED like it has been so regularly.

Make rep button bigger

Then, if you actually appreciate someone's post. REP THEM. That way they can see that you actually gave a shit. When I see a post with like 5 thanks, It's normally because people just hit that due to them being lazy, hitting it because of everyone else who has, or the very slim chance that they actually cared to thank the post. It get's abused way too much. 99% of the rep abusers used the thanks system. If we eliminate that, we eliminate the major route of rep abuse.

Didn't take the mod part into account. I'm too used to having that other button there.

So basically just change the button Icon, and show rep on their profile.

If you wanna see how many people appreciated your post? Look at your user reputation on your profile. It says their name, and that they gave rep for it.

Win.
    And show how much rep given on your profile by each person. :o

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast