C++ Tut. -In Progress with weekly updates-

This is a discussion on C++ Tut. -In Progress with weekly updates- within the Development board part of the Software/Hardware and Mobile Phones category; My C++ Adventure Recorded for Your Pleasure and Enlightenment I have been very busy with school and football that i ...

snocher is offline Master Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

C++ Tut. -In Progress with weekly updates-

My C++ Adventure
    Recorded for Your Pleasure and Enlightenment

I have been very busy with school and football that i have not have not had time to do much on d3scene. Football season is about to end and i will have plenty of time to work on my programming skills. So i will be doing a C++ Microsoft tut chapter by chapter and update a link from each new thread to this thread to show every how i did it and things i struggled on. This will allow people to help me critique my work and for beginners like me to learn the language. Granted i do have some experience in programming so this should be more of me helping people then me needing help, but any pointers anyone has would be much appreciated.
    I will be using Visual Studio C++ express edition:: if you want to follow along with me that should be fun too.

H
    ere is the chapter summary that they offer that i will be working on over the next couple of months.

• Chapter 1: C++ Fundamentals
      This module will introduce you to C++, its history, its design philosophy, and several of its most important features. This module provides a brief overview of several C++ features, including the general form of a C++ program, some basic control statements, and operators. It does not go into too many details, but rather concentrates on the general concepts common to any C++ program.
    • Chapter 2: Introducing Data Types and Operators
      At the core of a programming language are its data types and operators. As you might expect, C++ supports a rich assortment of both data types and operators, making it suitable for a wide range of programming. This module will cover an examination of C++ís foundational data types and its most commonly used operators. We will also take a closer look at variables and examine the expression.
    • Chapter 3: Program Control Statements
      This module discusses the statements that control a programís flow of execution. There are three categories of program control statements: selection statements, which include the if and the switch; iteration statements, which include thefor, while, and do-while loops; and jump statements, which include break, continue,return, and goto.
    • Chapter 4: Arrays, Strings, and Pointers
      This module discusses arrays, strings, and pointers. An array is a collection of variables of the same type that are referred to by a common name. Arrays offer a convenient means of creating lists of related variables. The C++ language does not define a built-in string data type. Instead, strings are implemented as arrays of characters. A pointer is an object that contains a memory address. Typically, a pointer is used to access the value of another object.
    • Chapter 5: Introducing Functions
      This module begins an in-depth discussion of the function. Functions are the building blocks of C++, and a firm understanding of them is fundamental to becoming a successful C++ programmer. Here, you will learn how to create a function. You will also learn about passing arguments, returning values, local and global variables, function prototypes, and recursion.
    • Chapter 6: A Closer Look at Functions
      This module continues our examination of the function. It discusses three of C++ís most important function-related topics: references, function overloading, and default arguments.
    • Chapter 7: More Data Types and Operators
      This module returns to the topics of data types and operators. In addition to the data types that you have been using so far, C++ supports several others. Some of these consist of modifiers added to the types you already know about. Other data types include enumerations and typedefs. C++ also provides several additional operators that greatly expand the range of programming tasks to which C++ can be applied.
    • Chapter 8: Classes and Objects
      The class is C++ís basic unit of encapsulation. Classes are used to create objects. To write object-oriented programs, you will need to use classes. Classes and objects are so fundamental to C++ that much of the remainder of this book is devoted to them in one way or another.
    • Chapter 9: A Closer Look at Classes
      This module continues the discussion of the class begun in Module 8. It examines a number of class-related topics, including overloading constructors, passing objects to functions, and returning objects. It also describes a special type of constructor, called the copy constructor, which is used when a copy of an object is needed. Next, friend functions are described, followed by structures and unions, and the this keyword. The module concludes with a discussion of operator overloading, one of C++ís most exciting features.
    • Chapter 10: Inheritance, Virtual Functions, and Polymorphism
      This module discusses three features of C++ that directly relate to object-oriented programming: inheritance, virtual functions, and polymorphism. Inheritance is the feature that allows one class to inherit the characteristics of another. Built on the foundation of inheritance is the virtual function. The virtual function supports polymorphism, the ďone interface, multiple methodsĒ philosophy of object-oriented programming.
    • Chapter 11: The C++ I/O System
      The C++ I/O system is quite large, and it wonít be possible to discuss here every class, function, or feature, but this module will introduce you to the most important and commonly used parts. Specifically, it shows how to input or output objects of classes that you design. It describes how to format output and how to use I/O manipulators. The module ends by discussing file I/O.
    • Chapter 12: Exceptions, Templates, and Other Advanced Topics
      In the final module, you will examine several important, advanced C++ topics, including exception handling, templates, dynamic allocation, and namespaces. Runtime type ID and the casting operators are also covered. When you finish this module, you will have mastered the core elements of the language and will be able to begin writing real-world programs.
    • Answers to Mastery Checks
    • Appendix A: The Preprocessor
      The preprocessor is that part of the compiler that performs various text manipulations on your program prior to the actual translation of your source code into object code. You can give text manipulation commands to the preprocessor. These commands are called preprocessor directives, and although not technically part of the C++ language, they expand the scope of its programming environment.
    • To learn more about this book or any other McGraw-Hill publications, please visit their Web site at

Development for Beginners | C++ Beginner's Guide | MSDN

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to snocher For This Useful Post:

Reinn is offline Multi-qouter

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's also this guide for C++. I'll begin to use it as soon as my Visual Studio 2010 download finishes.

I'll be sure to check your guide also, thanks.
    // Reinn

snocher is offline Master Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry i really dont have time right now :l

fogest is offline Banned User Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged