Prevent Diablo 3 from failing

This is a discussion on Prevent Diablo 3 from failing within the Diablo 3 forum board part of the Hot Games category; Ever wondered why Diablo 3 might fail ? Do you feel like a cash cow betrayed by Blizzard? Yes many ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    hendricius is offline Administrator

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prevent Diablo 3 from failing

Ever wondered why Diablo 3 might fail? Do you feel like a cash cow betrayed by Blizzard? Yes many of us do. This is a recommendation what Blizzard must change to prevent Diablo 3 from failing.

Do not betray your customers with extra fees - Blizzard uses our money to enjoy bootyful Hawaii:
    My first point is the pricing of the game. I know you are a capitalist and aim to make as much money as possible out of your game - like you are doing with World of Warcraft. Even WoW character transfers cost money (15 $). Why would you make it that expensive? You only have to transfer 1 Megabyte from one database to another. 1 Gigabyte traffic costs around 0.1 $. One Megabyte costs you 0.0001 $. I find it even more surprising that you force your beloved customers to pay 150 000 times your costs for transferring a character. For buying a one month game card your customers should be allowed to transfer their character 150 000 times. The best part comes now, you charge 10$ for a name change of a World of Warcraft character. The character name is probably stored in one field in your Database. Changing a field produces on a maximum 150 byte traffic. That would produce costs of 0.00001$. Your earnings are 1000000 times your costs? Thank you very much for ripping your customers off.

No ripping off with monthly fees - Blizzard thinks we are cash cows:
    Why do you charge money for everything? What do you use all the money for? You still have not upgraded the comic-like looking graphics of World of Warcraft. So please, instead of ripping us off, enjoying your days on Hawaii with lovely beach girls and lots of alcohol, try to be a little less egoistic. Altruism benefits you as well. If you are unsure why, then I recommend you to read a book about evolution. In Diablo 3 language, if you charge less money you will have more people playing your game and supporting you. They will become fans like I once was. Those people will tend to buy new games which you will release in the future instead of feeling like ripped off cash cows. You will gain loyal members. There are plenty of good games that do not rip off their customers. One very good example is Guild Wars. The customer once pays for the game (20 $ right now) and can then play the game whenever he wants, without seeing his credit card slowly gaining more and debts. It is completely free. ArenaNet finances their servers only with the purchase of the game and with advertisements. Does that sound familiar to you? I hope so think of Warcraft 3 and Diablo 2. Ask yourself the question: Why are there so few private servers for those games? It is easy, you drain money faster from your customers with WoW than the oil companies to with Oil. Your WoW payment system fails.

Do not make the same mistake again and disappoint your fans. Set the pricing a one time fee only. No monthly subscription. You can add some advertisements in the main menu on the top of the screen just like in Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3. That should be more than sufficient to finance your servers.

Do not add game masters - We will get banned for own-portals close to town:
    We love your WoW Game master system.... not. Playing Diablo 2 was fun, it made the users laugh. I can only think of my Hammerdin with Vigor Aura on level 45. I was opening a game "FREE ITAMS IF YOU CATCH!!11". The game was almost instant full. All people asked: "where you geiv items free??? plz......" Then you activated your Aura in Act 1 and ran around, saying "YOU GET ME I GEIV ITEM YOU FREE". Nobody was able to keep up with you however all people tried for almost 5 minutes without success. When you were caught you dropped something.... It was picked up within 100 milliseconds. The guy that picked it up was so happy, he said thanks all the time. If you were not in the mood to give freebies, then you just left. What would have happened in WoW with the last case? You would get banned for "Violating the terms for communicating in the great world of azeroth". Now, that's fail. Where is the fun? You may not even stand in front of Orgrimmar and say "!<---Lol This guy pooped his pants". That was more than common in Diablo 2 and was a good laugh every day. GMs in WoW ban for nothing.

Perhaps you want us addicts to buy the game again because you think we are cash cows? With game masters in Diablo 3 you will ruin a lot of fun. Let the players decide whether they want to be friendly or not.

Do not add separate servers like in World of Warcraft - We have friends from all over the world.:
    Is globalism a term that you know? I think not but you should, that's where you derive most of your earnings from. Only with globalism the amount of players playing your games increases continuously. Consequently you have to rethink your system of separating users leading to abandonment of friendships. Your system is like Guantanamo bay. You separate players without any reason, forcing them to look at comic graphics. That's torturous and not good for social relationships. I can only think of "Remember to keep friends outside of the world of Azeroth as well".

Do not add your billions of different realms again. Make it like in Diablo 2 so that all players are able to play together without paying for character transfers. What's the problem? Do you smell a few dollars less?

Do not add your bubbly graphics again - Buy the Crytek engine:
    As we already know - we are cash cows. With all the money you stole from us you should make Diablo 3 the game with the best graphics. Why not buy the Crytek engine and adjust it a little? Your screenshots of Diablo 3 look awesome, but they are worse than graphics of high end games released the last year. Can't you do better with your budget?

With those few tips you could also improve the game play a lot. Make sure you do not make the same mistakes again. Do not betray your fans, think of being more altruistic. Remember, people 16 years of age do not have a lot of money, unless you make the fees in Zimbabwe dollar.
    You suck. Suck a little less and become a fan on Facebook.

"D3scene pwns" - Hendrik (PIRATE)

DoGgY is offline Paintball 4 life
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    at 16 I was making about 2000 to 2500 in one summer ..

Hallowsend is offline I wear short shorts

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow hend, great article, it looks like you put a lot of effort into this. Is Blizzard really going to have monthly fees for Diablo 3? I liked Diablo 1, it was what got me into WoW, but I do not remember having to pay monthly fees.

God damn Blizzard in Hawaii, I would have more sympathy if billions of people werent paying them 15$ a month for WoW >.>

Ganom is offline Banned User
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol nice post . If blizzard does betray us I will never play a blizzard game again.

MaRcDk is offline Business Owner

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Monthly fees? LOL! Doesn't they have enough money allready? -.- Lol stupid, So all new games which they will develop will be with monthly fees? So stupid

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well My brother will for sure pay for this so I wont have to pay anything But did you see the graphic quality of d3 .. it's gonna be awesome .. and if they do updates like they did with WoW then it wroth to pay monthly fees .. For wow they put monthly fees to pay the people that worked hard on this game .. they will probably do the same with d3 if they will have to update it ..

It's like .. if you were working for blizzard .. you do a game getting payed then you works on an update but you're not getting payed cause they didn't put monthly fees .. how will you act .. you'll ask to be payed and they will have to put monthly fees .. that all

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boudin View Post
    Well My brother will for sure pay for this so I wont have to pay anything But did you see the graphic quality of d3 .. it's gonna be awesome .. and if they do updates like they did with WoW then it wroth to pay monthly fees .. For wow they put monthly fees to pay the people that worked hard on this game .. they will probably do the same with d3 if they will have to update it ..

It's like .. if you were working for blizzard .. you do a game getting payed then you works on an update but you're not getting payed cause they didn't put monthly fees .. how will you act .. you'll ask to be payed and they will have to put monthly fees .. that all
    The graphic sucks compared to games like Crysis . They will release it one year and it is worse than graphics from games on year ago? They certainly have enough money =P.

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hendricius View Post
    The graphic sucks compared to games like Crysis . They will release it one year and it is worse than graphics from games on year ago? They certainly have enough money =P.
    As I see the graphic wasn't that bad .. It's not a surprise from blizzard .. they are only good in mmo .. and now they are affiliate with the one's that made Guitar Hero .. they aren't like Ubisoft or EA Games .. yes Blizzard mades great games but in graphism they probably doesn't have good techniciens .. if they would get an upper monthly fees then 15$ they will probably try to get a better gfx teams .. but see how all of you are qq'ing about monthly fees .. they want to keep you so yes they'll leave it at 15$

Loioster is offline Banned User Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Following the trends of its predecessors, it shouldn't.

Diablo has always been a single-player experience with the option of multiplayer experiences as well. Would you pay for a single-player game every month?

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They will probably make it like Age of Conan 19 $ per month.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast