Diablo 3 Beta - Dates Announced!!

This is a discussion on Diablo 3 Beta - Dates Announced!! within the Diablo 3 forum board part of the Hot Games category; Blizzard has now shared the dates for the Diablo 3 Beta! Battle.net - English Forums -> 3rd Quarter Blue Post ...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Masterchief is offline Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Diablo 3 Beta - Dates Announced!!

Blizzard has now shared the dates for the Diablo 3 Beta!

Battle.net - English Forums -> 3rd Quarter

Blue Post has it all.

The Beta should be out though July 1st and Sep 30th

-Masterchief

Last edited by Masterchief; 06-11-2011 at 06:55 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Masterchief For This Useful Post:

Dima is offline La La Land

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    awesome news

Chronuswing is offline Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Knew it was coming, I doubt blizzard will fall back to it's huge delays to be honest, but now they're on this "Release games that are still pretty much fucking beta" tip, I hope they don't release D3 too early where they're making game breaking changes like they did with starcraft 2, as there were so many changes early on, it changed gameplay completely, and made me quit after buying it until 3 months later when they had a 'stable' version. especially where this would be shitty with an 'mmorpgish slasher' type game, I digress, but, either way, it's all a plus, make sure you've all got your beta opt ins updated!

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do agree with you. Starcraft 2 was such a great game at first, and I loved playing with my friends, but over the few months it seems like Starcraft 2 is not set for the relaxed player. You have to deal with playing with bad public players or play in a party with people you know who are good. The only problem with the party is they people have other things to do and don't always want to play.

With Diablo 3 I hope Blizzard understands what they need to do to make the game amazing! They need to understand that there are relaxed gamers and hardcore gamers; with Diablo 3 I don't think Blizzard will have a problem with a public match or private. IMO it's been so long since Diablo 2 Blizzard can take all the time they need to make this game perfect! I dont want a unstable version for $60.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Masterchief For This Useful Post:

mr_ice is offline ch4s with <3

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterchief View Post
    I do agree with you. Starcraft 2 was such a great game at first, and I loved playing with my friends, but over the few months it seems like Starcraft 2 is not set for the relaxed player. You have to deal with playing with bad public players or play in a party with people you know who are good. The only problem with the party is they people have other things to do and don't always want to play.

With Diablo 3 I hope Blizzard understands what they need to do to make the game amazing! They need to understand that there are relaxed gamers and hardcore gamers; with Diablo 3 I don't think Blizzard will have a problem with a public match or private. IMO it's been so long since Diablo 2 Blizzard can take all the time they need to make this game perfect! I dont want a unstable version for $60.
    I totally agree with you

zndnwjsdyd is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fuckin a

ErikV55 is offline Master Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't wait.
    C:\Users\Erik\Desktop\2s8iykl.gif Use me as your middle man! (Free)

gavind is offline Wannabe Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy crap this is great news. I hope I can participate in the beta.

SocialStealth is offline Premium Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterchief View Post

1: Players develop strategies and new uses for units that the original creators had no foresight of.
    Therefore, as time goes on, balance changes may be necessary. For instance, years after sc1 was released, balance updates were still released. Same goes for wc3, and basically all games that are truly supported by their creators.
    So really, the game will never be completely balanced, but rest assured that blizzard is devoted to attempting to make it balanced.

2: Having people test the game will find some flaws. But having several million users play the game will find more flaws faster. Releasing public betas are great. But even public betas don't catch ALL the imbalances. So yes, some big flaws may be in the initial release of the game after beta.

3: If you don't want to play the game when it has some imbalance issues, then why don't you just not buy it until a year after its released? You get what you want, and we (the people who would play it if it had stick figure graphics, no story line, and binary code backgrounds) get to play it asap
    Last edited by SocialStealth; 06-11-2011 at 02:07 AM.
    I am obsessed with the greatest youtube series of all time, Epic Rap Battles of History by NicePeter and EpicLloyd <3

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SocialStealth View Post
    1: Players develop strategies and new uses for units that the original creators had no foresight of.
    Therefore, as time goes on, balance changes may be necessary. For instance, years after sc1 was released, balance updates were still released. Same goes for wc3, and basically all games that are truly supported by their creators.
    So really, the game will never be completely balanced, but rest assured that blizzard is devoted to attempting to make it balanced.

2: Having people test the game will find some flaws. But having several million users play the game will find more flaws faster. Releasing public betas are great. But even public betas don't catch ALL the imbalances. So yes, some big flaws may be in the initial release of the game after beta.

3: If you don't want to play the game when it has some imbalance issues, then why don't you just not buy it until a year after its released? You get what you want, and we (the people who would play it if it had stick figure graphics, no story line, and binary code backgrounds) get to play it asap
    Ofc the game would be impossible to be perfectly blanced. I'm not saying that Blizzard makes bad/unblanced games, just saying that they need to check their flaws like they always seem to do. Blizzard is known to keep back games to make sure that they don't produce a bad game. The reason I do buy Blizzard games the day they come out is becauce they are amazing no madder how unblanced or uneven they might be at first. They fix their problems and their games are year lasting games.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast