Hell & Heaven fractions

This is a discussion on Hell & Heaven fractions within the Diablo 3 forum board part of the Hot Games category; I dont think they would lose money if they made it into an MMO. Actually i'm pretty sure they would ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Megadeth666 is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont think they would lose money if they made it into an MMO. Actually i'm pretty sure they would make MUCH MUCH MUCH more money if they charged to play it. WoW got 8 Million users online. Now each user pays $15 a month. 15 x 12 = $180 a year. 8,000,000 x 15 = $120,000,000 a year. Now lets say the game was $30. 30 x 8,000,000 = $240,000,000. The game has been out for about 3 Years. So their total income made off of just WoW is $600,000,000. That's including the pay to play charge and the game cost charge. Think about it? They really wouldn't lose anything, they would make so much more.

C:\Documents and Settings\Bryant\My Documents\My Pictures\damage-sig2.gif
    MEGADETH, METALLICA, SLAYER AND ANTHRAX IN YOUR FACE!

Kein92 is offline Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hellgate:London has Guns, Swords, and Grenades. That means it will be the best game ever.
    My signature is gone because of the evil oppressers of siggy size...

Perma is offline Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Megadeth666 View Post
    I dont think they would lose money if they made it into an MMO. Actually i'm pretty sure they would make MUCH MUCH MUCH more money if they charged to play it. WoW got 8 Million users online. Now each user pays $15 a month. 15 x 12 = $180 a year. 8,000,000 x 15 = $120,000,000 a year. Now lets say the game was $30. 30 x 8,000,000 = $240,000,000. The game has been out for about 3 Years. So their total income made off of just WoW is $600,000,000. That's including the pay to play charge and the game cost charge. Think about it? They really wouldn't lose anything, they would make so much more.
    And how about the cost of maintaining over a hundred realms and paying their development team to update and maintain content? Sure, they made lots of money off of World of Warcraft, but not nearly as much as you're suggesting.

As for Blizzard's activity with their Diablo trademark, I would imagine it would be standard of them to update their trademark registration every few years. It doesn't mean a game is coming, and with Blizzard's resources exhausted on Starcraft 2 and the new World of Warcraft expansion, don't expect them to even consider a new Diablo for a few years at least.

Megadeth666 is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see what you mean. Sorry for not emphasizing. Lets say they take $300 Million off of the total. They still made $60 Million, and i did not include the expansion which was released.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Bryant\My Documents\My Pictures\damage-sig2.gif
    MEGADETH, METALLICA, SLAYER AND ANTHRAX IN YOUR FACE!

GodOfWar is offline Banned User Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this game will be Xtra cool but i think a high system requirements required and maybe my comp wont support it till i buy a new one at christmass

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123