Robert Ludlum - any fans?

This is a discussion on Robert Ludlum - any fans? within the Entertainment board part of the General category; I have read TONS and TONS and TONS of mystery, action, adventure, and post ww2 mystery books. I have also ...

Visionary is offline Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Robert Ludlum - any fans?

I have read TONS and TONS and TONS of mystery, action, adventure, and post ww2 mystery books. I have also read tons of thrillers, history books, etc. However, none of them can come any close, in my opinion, to the fiction which author Robert Ludlum has wrote. If you guys aren't familiar with the name, he is most famous for writing the Bourne series (Bourne Identity, Supremacy, Ultimatum - the 4th and 5th book were written, quite poorly if I may say, by other people after his death).

Seeing this forum is fairly dead, I would just like to bring up a small discussion regarding Ludlum and his books. He has written over 30 books, and as mentioned before, the most well known would be the Bourne series. If anyone reads any of his books, what was your personal favourite from his, and why?

For myself, I found it hard to pick which one of his books I liked the most. All of them are truely spectacular fiction stories based on real events, all written with the most intriguing, suspenseful, and twisted plots which I have ever read. In the end, I decided that the Holcroft Convenant was my favourite book. The plot, as with most of his books, is simply amazing yet believable at the same time, and makes you wonder if its actually happening in real life. The ending is also unlike any other ending of his books - read it if you don't know what I'm talking about. The epilogue makes you wonder if theres more to come, and sadly, there isn't.

Kevin is offline guy

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mhh. I love The bourne's. I'm currently reading "The Bourne Betrayal" The series is continued by Eric van Lusterbader.

Volund is offline Banned

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've read a couple of the Bourne novels, but I can't really remember them (it's been a few years)