We cheat, because it’s the easiest thing to do.

This is a discussion on We cheat, because it’s the easiest thing to do. within the Entertainment board part of the General category; Originally Posted by Jussp Lying can also affect people positive and not only negative like if he/she asks if he/she ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18
  1. #11
    X-räi's Avatar
    X-räi is offline ɯnıɯǝɹd
    Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Germany, NRW
    Posts
    1,561
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    14
    Reputation
    1040
    Quote Originally Posted by Jussp View Post
    Lying can also affect people positive and not only negative like if he/she asks if he/she looks good and you say yes but you really think no because you diden´t want to lie. Then he/she really thinks that he/she looks good as you said.

    But I see what your point is.
    she/he maybe feels better, but is affected negatively, because you withheld information.

    hrhr



    this is the same discussion as many books are dealing with.
    Is it good to be happy, because you dont think/ you dont know better?
    Or is that happiness bad, because people are uneducated and have no opinion? :>
    If you tell somebody: dude, your cloths are awesome, while it's trash-tier, you affect him negatively.

    ^using CHROME now
    Banned users: 0 (Counting since: 04.06.2008)


  2. #12
    Daniel999's Avatar
    Daniel999 is offline bla

    Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,186
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    14
    Reputation
    1083
    Quote Originally Posted by X-räi View Post
    cheating on a test: you got a better grade than you deserved = other people who stayed legal suffer from your altered test result, since their position in the average is worse.
    But who cares about the grades of others? Isn't it all about your own one?
    Imo, lying can be really helpful.


  3. #13
    razathru's Avatar
    razathru is offline The not so evul DOC!

    Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    3,300
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    16
    Reputation
    1635
    Quote Originally Posted by X-räi View Post
    how can it not affect anyone else?

    €: apart from cheating in single-player (game wise)
    I think razathru means that as long it doesn´t affect people in the bad way (negative way).
    Exactly.

    I meant something like, if a lie is to help a person at bad times(if he really didn't do something wrong).Then it is good.

    cheating on a test, read book --> read ending before you got there., games
    Life is not about these simple situations.

  4. #14
    X-räi's Avatar
    X-räi is offline ɯnıɯǝɹd
    Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Germany, NRW
    Posts
    1,561
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    14
    Reputation
    1040
    Quote Originally Posted by razathru View Post
    Life is not about these simple situations.
    Exactly.
    And this why you can cheat there.

    however, if you write an exam/ test/ whatever, which really affect your future (now, this isnt a "simple situation" eh?)
    when 29 of 30 people cheat, and reach 8-10 points, while only being able to reach 4-6 legit, and you got a LEGIT 7, wont you be negatively affected (assuming the cheaters didnt get caught...)?
    I do think so, people study up 6 years (even more if they repeated parts) for final exams.
    This is not that realistic, but put up to make a point.


    If you tell somebody the car you are selling is legit, while it is not and he gets busted, is that a simple situation?^^
    I tried to keep it simple to make it more understandable.

    another point of mine: Morally, you are doing sth bad when you lie to somebody, even if you help him.
    If you can live with that (most people do, and most people would rather being lied at, in a situation you described...)
    But others want the truth, its all situational, you cant simply say: I lie because it makes ppl feel better.
    If the person will feel more comfortable with being lied at, heck, go for it.

    But how on earth can cheating/lying not affect anyone else apart from "simple situations, which life is not about", and I separated these from my thesis

    (I hope you enjoy reading english as much as I enjoy writing, otherwise you'd be pretty annoyed by these walls of text )

    ^using CHROME now
    Banned users: 0 (Counting since: 04.06.2008)


  5. #15
    razathru's Avatar
    razathru is offline The not so evul DOC!

    Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    3,300
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    16
    Reputation
    1635
    I agree with your thoughts about being true.

    Again you are talking about tests, cars and few other materialistic stuffs. I don't support lying nor do I say that "Cheat, lie and win."

    Btw, marks and grades are not real indicators about a person's success. In my view, I believe in the knowledge I gain by reading rather than the marks I score. I don't even mind if I get top marks.

    Sometimes to safeguard oneself, people have to lie. I guess it is pardonable once in a while but not always.

    I don't prefer lying because I will have a sense of guilt which I hate to the core, that will not allow me to do normal things.

    Do you prefer lying to a criminal or telling him the truth about what he is looking for?

  6. #16
    X-räi's Avatar
    X-räi is offline ɯnıɯǝɹd
    Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Germany, NRW
    Posts
    1,561
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    14
    Reputation
    1040
    Quote Originally Posted by razathru View Post

    Again you are talking about tests, cars and few other materialistic stuffs. I don't support lying nor do I say that "Cheat, lie and win."
    I know, or at least I thought so.
    Btw, marks and grades are not real indicators about a person's success. In my view, I believe in the knowledge I gain by reading rather than the marks I score. I don't even mind if I get top marks.
    I agree, but you normally need to convince people to give you a chance, good/best grades are the best way to do so. (I know there are huge loads of exceptions, people dropping out of school and building a money-generating business from the scratch)
    I also didnt rat out people cheating in school tests (I was too lazy to do it myself though), school-mark-systems are annoying enough to get yourself worked up over people who cheat in test.
    Do you prefer lying to a criminal or telling him the truth about what he is looking for?
    I never said I dont lie (A quick lie can save you a lot of hassle, and while not offending or severely disadvantaging somebody, it still has to effect someone negatively, at least the person you withheld the real truth)

    Now, I have never been asked out by a criminal, but I guess it wont go this way: hey, give me your money --> I dont have money ---> oh sry, bye then.
    lying/cheating is situational and puts you at risk.
    Obviously a situation with a criminal is as serious as it can get, but if you lie to him, he may also stomp your face (and take your money^^)
    I would rather loose money/worthy things then getting a tooth/ head(exaggerating) lost.
    (Thank god, I havnt been a situation like that, and its unlikely for me anyway.)
    However, theory-crafting always comes with a smell of missing realism (like 29 of 30 people successfully cheating on a test)


    €: internet sure is a timekiller I wanted to watch a movie :>

    ^using CHROME now
    Banned users: 0 (Counting since: 04.06.2008)


  7. #17
    razathru's Avatar
    razathru is offline The not so evul DOC!

    Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Chennai
    Posts
    3,300
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    16
    Reputation
    1635
    I love reading your text but not typing as much as you do

    I would rather loose money/worthy things then getting a tooth/ head(exaggerating) lost.
    (Thank god, I havnt been a situation like that, and its unlikely for me anyway.)
    I would try defending myself from the criminal.

    Btw, if you get your tooth knocked out I'll help you out

  8. #18
    X-räi's Avatar
    X-räi is offline ɯnıɯǝɹd
    Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Germany, NRW
    Posts
    1,561
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    14
    Reputation
    1040
    Quote Originally Posted by razathru View Post
    I love reading your text but not typing as much as you do



    I would try defending myself from the criminal.

    Btw, if you get your tooth knocked out I'll help you out
    I was thinking of teh moviez, where bad guys with guns stalk good people in dark parks and tell em to hand over their purses
    and whoever does monkey business also gets to feel physical violence :O
    ("okay take all you want, but please leave my wife alone :'(")

    The only thing which could happen here would be some drunk brutes/wannabe gangstas roaming through the streets on weekends evening, looking for a fight, nothing serious

    ^using CHROME now
    Banned users: 0 (Counting since: 04.06.2008)


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Easiest way to cheat while test
    By TheMichel in forum Real Life Hacks
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-10-2012, 09:19 AM
  2. How to lose 1kg in 1 day *The easiest way*
    By darth_jedi in forum Real Life Hacks
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 05-23-2012, 07:47 PM
  3. Easiest way to not patch your WoW..forever!
    By skatenhate7 in forum WoW Private Servers
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-15-2008, 09:23 PM
  4. The Easiest Dog Breeds To Train
    By NoplaN in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-03-2008, 06:50 AM
  5. Easiest strat
    By THMS in forum Warcraft 3 Strategies
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-03-2007, 09:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •