In a crowed pub I asked my friend "What do you do if an epileptic has a fit in their bath?", following it up with the hugely, witty "You chuck your washing in".
A bloke from the adjacent table turned to me at that point and said that his son had died after having an epileptic fit in the bath. Shit, I thought, this'll teach me for telling offensive jokes. I apologised to him, saying I meant no offense. Chagrined, I asked him how his son died, did he hit his head on one of the taps perhaps?. "Nah", the bloke replied, "he choked on one of my socks"