korn, slipknot and rammstein just the best

This is a discussion on korn, slipknot and rammstein just the best within the Entertainment board part of the General category; Pfft...take it somewhere else! :police:...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 47
  1. #21
    Monkeh's Avatar
    Monkeh is offline Newbie
    Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Reputation
    0
    Pfft...take it somewhere else! :police:


  2. #22
    Kalbintion's Avatar
    Kalbintion is offline Premium Member
    Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,060
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    11
    Reputation
    318
    Quote Originally Posted by spartanix View Post
    OHH DIR EN GREY RULE they are Black Metal btw
    ty for letting me kno, now i kno what to tag the genre column with
    I reject your reality and substitute my own ~Adam Savage

  3. #23
    gevorgkhc is offline I'm a pirate stfu
    Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    366
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    10
    Reputation
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiro View Post
    You're calling me kiddie and immature when you've began flaming me as a person in this when i never once commented on you.

    Sorry that the fact that i never posted the amount of years that I studied each of my instruments or how long i spent doing music and music technology means i still know less than you so how can you even judge how much i know without even knowing me without having some sort of mental powers? tell me cause i'm really confused about that.

    My opinion is that KoRn suck... so what i'm alowed my own personal opinion... mines also that you are a little 12 year old kid... why is that cause why would any mature person set there age to 95 years old.

    This thread was never made for facts on who was voted the most popular band but a persons actual taste and i never remember posting "KORN'S LEAD SINGER IS A MIDGET L0LK THEY SUCK OMGWTFK" yes i did post something similar that he is a midget with dreadlocks and can't sing don't remember the omgwtfk part though or the lolk, you can search through the thread and not find that so don't even try and make me seem immature and stop thinking you're better than me. I never once mentioned in my reply post to you that the reason why they were bad was because he is a midget i said it was my own personal view but you couldn't accept that so had to make it seem like i said something else... ohh how intelligent of you. Musical taste can not be measured in votes, how many people out there havn't even heard of Slipknot or KoRn and are these polls on forums by any chance or were they real polls conducted by music companys?

    I am 18 years old, i'm not immature enough to lye about my age.

    so instead of have me shut the fuck up why don't you read what i post properly... then read it again... seriously never say i have a kiddie attitude i actually hate most people below the age of 15. So what i was on a forum and decided that instead of posting like and intelligent person i'd post it in short hand, that makes me immature???



    grow up...

    Just to add I have also listened to every type of music going i've been through alot before i found the type i like the most... and again why do i need to find facts and proof that i believe KoRn suck, seeing as you can read my mind and know my life why don't you tell me these facts?

    Sorry that when a little kid pisses me off i end up typing immature...

    I also apologize to morpheos for gevorgkhc making me have to reply in such a manner and slightly off topic.
    I'm 18, turning 19 on the 24th. You could shove that 12 year old claim up your ass.

    Second, you first started this when you started criticizing my taste in music. You constantly said KoRn sucks, and kept insulting the band, and its members; I find that offensive.

    "KORN'S LEAD SINGER IS A MIDGET L0LK THEY SUCK OMGWTFK" is the basic gist I got out of your posts. It also signifies what I think about you intelligence.

    No, the polls were not conducted by music companies, but the members still had a pretty good understanding and familiarity with both bands.

    And I did read what you posted properly, maybe you're confused? Let's revisit...

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiro View Post
    really don't like KoRn there singer is a fat midget with dreadlocks and can't sing lol...
    Hmm, alright, pretty much saying that you don't like KoRn since the singer is a "fat midget with dreadlocks and can't sing". Study English grammar, you aren't criticizing the singer in addition to the band, the sentence above implies that you dislike the band because of the singer.

    Quote Originally Posted by gevorgkhc View Post
    To all those "lol korn sux slipknot rulez!":
    Guitarists Mick Thomson and Jim Root play down-tuned guitars directly influenced by Munky and Head. Slipknot members have stated that their debut album, Slipknot, was directly influenced by Korn. Joey Jordison stated that he created the Slipknot logo based on Korn's.
    Source: Korn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Citation: Slipknot Metal |-| Slipknot Quotes
    Yup, me pointing out that KoRn (the band you find shitty) has influenced Slipknot (the band you seem to love).

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiro View Post
    Yes and KoRn still suck .

    Slipknot are just more musically talented . and like is said
    there singer is a fat midget with dreadlocks and can't sing lol...
    Uh huh, you continue to say that KoRn sucks, and instead of giving any actual examples as to why you dislike the band, you continue to bash at the singer. Really shows your great maturity and intelligence, aye?
    Naturally, I get offended by your statements against a band I really like, and taking into account that you showed absolutely no experience in music (and critique), it was safe to assume you were music illiterate. Since you yet to show me otherwise, I still hold that opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by gevorgkhc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiro View Post
    Yes and KoRn still suck .

    Slipknot are just more musically talented . and like is said
    Your opinion as a music illiterate means horse shit when you try to criticize different bands. First of all, KoRn fucking owns Slipknot. Second, looks have nothing to do with musical talent, but I ask you this: why the fuck are you criticizing Jonathan Davis's style when all the band members of Slipknot wear fucking jumpsuits (thankfully not orange) and masks to hide their faces?
    Yep, I got offended, I attacked back.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiro View Post
    Thats easy... Slipknot wear the jumpsuits and masks for showmanship and to do something differen rather then act exactly the same as every other metal bands out there, Also you can see there faces in total guitar there guitarist shown his face and he's a very big person with a beard... singer Corey Taylor shows his face in his other band Stone Sour. There not physically scared like you're trying to make out with the "hide their faces?" quote. I think its a good thing that they like to put on a good show for their fans and give them something back for supporting them.

    Also I studied Music and Music Technology, play guitar and piano so i'm not Judging them cause I don't like there form of music but cause I believe they suck.. KoRn have little talent, yes they are abit different from the other metal bands out there but there lyrics and songwriting just dosn't compare to others. I also listen to most types of rock music apart from indie and I see KoRn as a band for 13 year old kids who have only just started listening to the type of music and waiting for the next stage when they move onto better music which they have found themselves and not heard of Kerrang or scuzz...

    Also none of the Slipknot members are midgets or fat so yes i can criticise Jonathan Davis

    Music illiterate huh... Don't say thing about me without proof of knowing if its true or not, I probably know hell of alot more than you.
    Right, so Slipknot members wear masks to be different.... that makes sense.
    And there you continue! You claim to play guitar and piano, so automatically, your opinion on music is law. And considering that you have yet to state why they are a band for 13 year old kids, you opinion still means horseshit.
    And since none of the Slipknot members are overweight or vertically challenged gives you the right to criticize KoRn's lead singer? That's like me coming over to your place, ripping off your arm, then making fun of you.

    Quote Originally Posted by gevorgkhc View Post
    Studying music theory for 5 years now, piano for 4 years, alto saxophone for a bit over 3 years, and started guitar around 2 months ago. I have also listened to virtually every type of music at some point in my life, and still maintain a diverse musical taste and personal playlist. I think I have my fair share of experience.

    ~

    Now sir, if you are as experienced as you claim to be (which by far isn't very much), you should be able to comprehend the fact that LOOKS have nothing to do with TALENT. And frankly, KoRn is one of the most prominent nu-metal bands ever (following Linkin Park).

    Also, if you are as mature as you claim you are (18), you should realize there's a difference between opinion and fact; musical taste is diverse from person to person. Numerous polls I found on the internet showed that KoRn leads Slipknot (even if by a small margin). Unless you can come up with any actual facts or proof of faults in KoRn's music, I would recommend you to shut the fuck up. Your entire kiddie attitude and immaturity is reflected upon each one of your posts.
    "KORN'S LEAD SINGER IS A MIDGET L0LK THEY SUCK OMGWTFK"... No...
    I state my experience in music, and continue on with my post saying that LOOKS have nothing to do with TALENT, and Jonathan Davis's appearance doesn't help prove your point at all.
    Now I tell you to shut the fuck up, since you have yet to back your statements at all with actual fact. "KoRn sucks" hardly proves anything, yet you impose it like a fact, rather than what it is: an opinion. Here's a nice little link for you: link.


    And that brings us to our current post. Now you switch your target to me, since you can't seem to be able to target KoRn anymore. Don't try to undermine my posts and wording, you won't get anywhere. And you're telling me to grow up? You're fucking 18 years old and you still can't type properly, with some cheesy ass naruto avatar. Is Shiro your name, or rather another anime character? I feel my IQ drop 10 points every time I read one of your posts. I mean, if English wasn't your first language, then I guess your grammatical and spelling errors would be acceptable, but... wow...


    I also apologize to morpheos for letting Shiro's retardation spill into this thread.
    Last edited by gevorgkhc; 09-10-2007 at 02:20 AM.

  4. #24
    Kalbintion's Avatar
    Kalbintion is offline Premium Member
    Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,060
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    11
    Reputation
    318
    gevorgkhc....post long enuff? O.o .....

    heres my say -- music is music, everyone has diff tastes, get on with life. n stfu XD
    I reject your reality and substitute my own ~Adam Savage

  5. #25
    gevorgkhc is offline I'm a pirate stfu
    Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    366
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    10
    Reputation
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalbintion View Post
    gevorgkhc....post long enuff? O.o .....
    Most of it are quotes <_<

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalbintion View Post
    heres my say -- music is music, everyone has diff tastes, get on with life
    Pretty much what I was saying until Shiro thought with his superior intelligence that it'd be a great idea to start personally insulting the band in question and its members. Smart, huh?

  6. #26
    Kalbintion's Avatar
    Kalbintion is offline Premium Member
    Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,060
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    11
    Reputation
    318
    listen tho gevorgkhc, he was insulting THE BAND , NOT YOU....get over it, you cant have everyone fucking liking the same band u do, i dont like korn, but u dont see me going over my head on it, i dont ike rap either except maybe, 3 artists..GET OVER IT. Its life, life is a bitch. He in no way insulted you, just the band. I understand fans are to support their band. But seriously. Get a sense of understanding that not everyone has to worship/like the same band as you, u dont see me going and advertising Unheilig? Eisbrecher? RHCP? Linkin Park? no. you also dont see me arguing with anyone who would make fun of them, or say they dislike them. Its life.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own ~Adam Savage

  7. #27
    gevorgkhc is offline I'm a pirate stfu
    Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    366
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    10
    Reputation
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalbintion View Post
    listen tho gevorgkhc, he was insulting THE BAND , NOT YOU....get over it, you cant have everyone fucking liking the same band u do, i dont like korn, but u dont see me going over my head on it, i dont ike rap either except maybe, 3 artists..GET OVER IT. Its life, life is a bitch. He in no way insulted you, just the band. I understand fans are to support their band. But seriously. Get a sense of understanding that not everyone has to worship/like the same band as you, u dont see me going and advertising Unheilig? Eisbrecher? RHCP? Linkin Park? no. you also dont see me arguing with anyone who would make fun of them, or say they dislike them. Its life.
    You also have to understand. Through insulting the band, he indirectly insulted me. If he said "I dislike Korn" or "I hate Korn", that would be different. But once he says "they fucking suck", I feel offended since that is a band I like. So yes, he did insult me. My goal isn't to get everyone to like the same band (I definitely got much better bands on my playlist than Korn), but it is to argue with Shiro that his OPINION no way constitutes actual FACT. You don't see me going outright "Slipknot sucks monkey balls", do you? I expect the same type of regard in return.

    Again, this is not to assert my opinion of Korn, but rather to get Shiro to keep within his bounds of critique.

  8. #28
    Kalbintion's Avatar
    Kalbintion is offline Premium Member
    Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,060
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    11
    Reputation
    318
    ahem, but see, your making a big deal over nothing.... the very simple thing is

    HE INSULTED THE BAND
    HE DID NOT DIRECT IT TO YOU

    If you find an INSULT from what he did or did not say; then you have your OWN issues, and they were taken out INCORRECTLY.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own ~Adam Savage

  9. #29
    Shiro's Avatar
    Shiro is offline Advanced Hacker
    Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    UK - England - Manchester - in your closet
    Posts
    288
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    10
    Reputation
    25
    So you're only taste in music is KoRn. It's my opinion i'm entitled to it and how do you find it offensive unless you were one of the members of the band.

    KoRns lead singer is really short and looks like a midget i was pointing that out but how is that insulting you. If you can't even comprehend what I am talking about then you're intelligence obviously isn't what you think it is..

    Yes one of the reasons I don't like them is because the bands style and how they dress themselves, do you really have such a problem with that. It's how I judge people. I do also believe though like I have stated before that Slipknot had more musical talent then KoRn and I in no way love Slipknot, they were i a band i listened to when i was young but you obviously are still into that scene which i find quite pathetic.

    I've been playing guitar for 6 years now, been playing piano since i was 9, studied both music and music technology in high school and college and then left and started a new college studying Game Development and more realistic route instead of one in music.

    So what I mentioned his height does that really have anything to do with you and how does that offend you... I've put up with my own forms of abuse before about myself and you're a pretty sad person to laugh at someone physically handicapped in such a way, height is no were near as big a problem as a missing limb. Do you really love the band as much as you're making out you do?

    I switched my target to you because you began to target me its pretty simple really if you think about it... you can't attack me and call me musically illiterate without me attacking you back. It has nothing to do with the fact i ran out of stuff to say about the band. Musically I just don't find them that interesting, yes they have created some catchy tunes but still something lets them down thats all... its an opinion not an attack at you, okay??

    As for you're newest post, please tell me where i said "they fucking suck" and truthfully i wouldn't care if you insulted slipknot or any band i listen too, i listen to emo music so i generally get stereotyped and flamed everywhere i go and have the bands i listen get slagged off but i don't begin to cry about it and start claiming that the person has insulted me in some way.

    I did pm you telling you i was going to stop... but you carried on saying stuff about me and i couldn't be botherd taking the high road anymore...

    btw you're right Shiro isn't my name, is gevorgkhc you'res?? My name is Liam Lewis... English is my first language and i'm sorry that its midnight, i'm in pain, i'm angry so i don't have time to sit here with a dictionary and spell checker all night.

    Sorry You're Not A Winner

  10. #30
    gevorgkhc is offline I'm a pirate stfu
    Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    366
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    10
    Reputation
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalbintion View Post
    ahem, but see, your making a big deal over nothing.... the very simple thing is

    HE INSULTED THE BAND
    HE DID NOT DIRECT IT TO YOU

    If you find an INSULT from what he did or did not say; then you have your OWN issues, and they were taken out INCORRECTLY.
    He indirectly insulted me. Now if I were to say that your best friend was a fat midget-whore, wouldn't you get insulted?


    Quote Originally Posted by Shiro View Post
    So you're only taste in music is KoRn. It's my opinion i'm entitled to it and how do you find it offensive unless you were one of the members of the band.

    KoRns lead singer is really short and looks like a midget i was pointing that out but how is that insulting you. If you can't even comprehend what I am talking about then you're intelligence obviously isn't what you think it is..

    Yes one of the reasons I don't like them is because the bands style and how they dress themselves, do you really have such a problem with that. It's how I judge people. I do also believe though like I have stated before that Slipknot had more musical talent then KoRn and I in no way love Slipknot, they were i a band i listened to when i was young but you obviously are still into that scene which i find quite pathetic.

    I've been playing guitar for 6 years now, been playing piano since i was 9, studied both music and music technology in high school and college and then left and started a new college studying Game Development and more realistic route instead of one in music.

    So what I mentioned his height does that really have anything to do with you and how does that offend you... I've put up with my own forms of abuse before about myself and you're a pretty sad person to laugh at someone physically handicapped in such a way, height is no were near as big a problem as a missing limb. Do you really love the band as much as you're making out you do?

    I switched my target to you because you began to target me its pretty simple really if you think about it... you can't attack me and call me musically illiterate without me attacking you back. It has nothing to do with the fact i ran out of stuff to say about the band. Musically I just don't find them that interesting, yes they have created some catchy tunes but still something lets them down thats all... its an opinion not an attack at you, okay??

    As for you're newest post, please tell me where i said "they fucking suck" and truthfully i wouldn't care if you insulted slipknot or any band i listen too, i listen to emo music so i generally get stereotyped and flamed everywhere i go and have the bands i listen get slagged off but i don't begin to cry about it and start claiming that the person has insulted me in some way.

    I did pm you telling you i was going to stop... but you carried on saying stuff about me and i couldn't be botherd taking the high road anymore...

    btw you're right Shiro isn't my name, is gevorgkhc you'res?? My name is Liam Lewis... English is my first language and i'm sorry that its midnight, i'm in pain, i'm angry so i don't have time to sit here with a dictionary and spell checker all night.
    It isn't the fact that you were pointing out that Jonathan Davis is short and overweight that pissed me off, but the manner in which you did. Also your statement that KoRn is for little kids also offended me:
    I see KoRn as a band for 13 year old kids who have only just started listening to the type of music and waiting for the next stage when they move onto better music which they have found themselves
    I'm not someone who laughs at people in pain, I was just imitating how you laugh at someone vertically challenged. Indeed, height is no big deal, so why do you choose to make it one?

    And if you have such leet, gosu, imba music experience, maybe you could share as to why KoRn sucks? I mean, with someone of your expertise, you should clearly be able to give us a reason as to why KoRn is for kids?

    You constantly said that KoRn sucks throughout all your posts in this thread; there is no point for me to go through and point out every single one.
    So you don't react when someone criticizes emo music, but don't you get offended? I am a man of pride, and I take things personally when people insult things I favor (there is a difference between unacceptable insults and opinion).

    And yes, you did PM me, but there was a tinsy winsy problem with that. You PMed me at 6:25; I posted that massive post at 6:15. Then there was a matter of me not having PM popup alerts, so it was just by chance that I happened to glance up there and notice I had a PM. And if you read my PM, you could see I wanted to end this as well, but yea, things are going differently now, ain't they?

    No, my name is not gevorgkhc, it's Gevorg (the first part of 'gevorgkhc'). I am often called Gev or Gevo, so it fits quite well actually.

    Get Firefox.

    ~~

    And no, lol, Korn is not my favorite band, but at one point, it was, and I still have a general liking to their earlier music.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •