Moderator Silencing. Do you close all threads you don't like?

This is a discussion on Moderator Silencing. Do you close all threads you don't like? within the General Chat board part of the General category; Hey first of all let me say, I don't give that much of a crap about this, but I was ...

starter2 is offline Guru
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moderator Silencing. Do you close all threads you don't like?

Hey first of all let me say, I don't give that much of a crap about this, but I was still surprised enough to post here.

So I open this thread about another hack-related forum being compromised, and people start talking normally, so far so good:
    Zlitz News

Then the admin of the hacked forum posts a message explaining some of what happend. All of a sudden a mod appears out of nowhere and closes the thread just because it is "Answered".

So I guess my feedback with you is, what's with the silencing? I mean people could have kept on discussing this. Seems rather authoritarian to me to just shut people up like that, nothing wrong was going on or was going to happen.

What gives? Are you now going to moderate my posts because I display discontent with your actions?

Here's a funny meme of what people would say if you were a country:
    Attachment 16827

EDIT: Posted this in Rules/Announcements because thought it would be a more appropriate section, but it got moderated so posted here.

brawrrrski is offline King of KW

Array
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The website was compromised, there were 2 pre-existing zlitz threads.
    1) His for sale thread
    2) His thread asking for feedback on their ingame menu

Both had "rip zlitz" or trash talk all over them. Why in the world would we possibly need a third one for people to spew through their keyboards? He responded to the initial claim, and stated he was working on it. What more conversation could you possibly have after that? Also, from reading your thread, the fact that you think zlitz wrote that himself... lol

We didn't delete the threads from the public as if trying to hide something, they were closed to avoid the spam and people trying to get their post counts up with "l33333l r33per00ni zlitz" and such comments.

Yes, the website & database was compromised. Yes, he is working on fixing it. Yes, we locked all the threads to avoid spam. Yes, HF has 3 other threads about it. You are more than welcome to continue the conversation over there.

In other words: We are not silencing / hiding anything. We are preventing unnecessary spam.
    Last edited by brawrrrski; 11-05-2015 at 04:01 AM.

starter2 is offline Guru
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lmao it's still silencing, no matter what justification you bring in. But yeah I wasn't following with the other threads so I don't know how much trash talk there has been going on. But it just goes back to my point, it seems you are preventing things you don't want to hear from being said.

Well the email did come from his forum, it's not like I know the guy in person or am following his life very closely, what I thought should not have much baring on whether the thread gets closed, there you go with your silencing again...

brawrrrski is offline King of KW

Array
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by starter2 View Post
    Lmao it's still silencing, no matter what justification you bring in. But yeah I wasn't following with the other threads so I don't know how much trash talk there has been going on. But it just goes back to my point, it seems you are preventing things you don't want to hear from being said.

Well the email did come from his forum, it's not like I know the guy in person or am following his life very closely, what I thought should not have much baring on whether the thread gets closed, there you go with your silencing again...
    I guess there's really no beating around the bush. I've been around the scene (as with other admins/mods) long enough to know exactly how these scenarios turn out. 100% of the time they turn into a flame war, and this & that. Ultimately, the issue was addressed / exposed (however you'd like to call it,) and zlitz responded, pretty much clearing up any questions that could arise.

I apologize you did not agree. But one thing I would like you to clarify for me, if you do not mind:

...it seems you are preventing things you don't want to hear from being said.
    What exactly could we be preventing, other than (as stated above) the influx of "rip zlitz" being posted? Because that's nearly all I saw.

Malish is offline YAH

Array
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hello starter2.

First of threads like yours, gets closed to avoid the shit talking. We stop that since it only leads to flaming and such between the fanbois and the haters. Sadly that ALWAYS happen in cases like this.
    Also as brawrrski says, such thread seem to attract both spammers and trolls (both things we dont want in our forums)

If you wanna discuss the matter, check out the cs go chat subforum. (sec I can find a link for ya)

Why the fuck am I up 4:20am
    ~Kent

Edit: http://www.d3scene.com/forum/counter-strike-hack-chat/
    Last edited by Malish; 11-05-2015 at 04:23 AM. Reason: Link added.
    " [28-09, 00:51] Matt: I use wire brushes on my grill, she likes it."

Sippin on duty is offline Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being one of the people who kinda wrote some of these spam comments it's not silencing it at all it's being professional and keeping the forum clean. Respect the mods decision to close, if you want to enjoy a flame war do so at cancerforums

Swag Aficionado

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sippin on duty For This Useful Post:

Cheesymexican is offline Mentor
    Array
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Listen here brawrskii We nedz da chetooos flame war and i like reading it when in pooping
    and hackforums is a scury place. Ill flame war you on steam
    Last edited by Cheesymexican; 11-05-2015 at 04:38 AM.

DarkJesture is offline That 1 guy...

Array
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by starter2 View Post

You're correct, it is silencing, but it does have justification, and if you can't accept our reasoning then I suggest joining the flamewar on hackforums. We have our own rules to enforce, and whether you like it or not, bickering back and forth between people about cheat providers will not be tolerated. You want to have a constructive and civilized discussion? Fine. Want to just spew garbage with amazing keyboard warrior skills? Do it elsewhere.

Other than that, I can completely agree with brawrrrski, kent, and sippin. I apologize if I seem brash, but going off of your replies towards @brawrrrski, I feel as if it's needed.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DarkJesture For This Useful Post:

Matt is offline Bott

Array
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I implore you to read the Forum rules.
    D3Scene FAQ
    Your answer is in there. There are already many transgressions in the content of your original post in that thread anyway. Technically, we could have closed it immediately. If proper posting conduct was achieved, the thread would probably still be open and a big discussion would ensue. Sadly, this is the internet and that just isn't how things seem to work. This type of thread also belongs in D3scene related, but we'll leave it here. Rules and announcements is meant for the staff posting, well, rules and announcements regarding this forum.

Post script 1: If it were silencing, the thread would have been deleted.

*Admin casts [Post reply thread Silence]*

/thread

Super unnecessary hidden Post script 2: If you have any more issues on the subject, Message me and we can talk it over with some cognac and a cigar.

@kent