This Comes In Handy

This is a discussion on This Comes In Handy within the General Chat board part of the General category; Launch the Calculator, MS Word/Excel or any fequently used software in an instant with the techniques described in this tutorial. ...

Ryan is offline Ubiquitous

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This Comes In Handy

Launch the Calculator, MS Word/Excel or any fequently used software in an instant with the techniques described in this tutorial. I've rarely seen any other computer user that makes use of this technique, anycase not before sharing this technique with them. It is however a pity, because this one is a real big time saver.

Say for instance that you want to launch the Calculator program. Ok, what does it require you to do? Let's see... Move your one hand from the keyboard to the mouse, click on Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, move the mouse to Calculator and click on it.

Now I will show you how to do this in one swift step. But before we can do it, some preperations need to be taken care of. Click on Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to Calculator and Right-Click on the Calculator shortcut. A window called "Calculator Properties" will display. At the top of this window there is 3 Tabs, General, Shortcut and Compatibility. If the Shortcut Tab is not currently the active one click on it to make it active. In the "Shortcut Key" field the word "None" will be displayed. To create a shortcut for the Calculator Program, click with the mouse next to the word "None" in order for the cursor to flash in that field. On the keyboard press "Ctrl" and "Alt" simultaneously and then press "C" . Click on OK to apply your changes. Next time you need the Calculator just press "Ctrl" and "Alt" with your left hand fingers simultaneously and then press "C" with one of your right hand fingers.

I recommend doing this for poeple that use command prompt / telnet, or for scripters, Notepad.

Kalbintion is offline Premium Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    start -> run -> calc -> enter/ok works aswell, bit shorter and a bit geekier aswell, but file hotkeys are good [except when it comes in conflict with other applications]
    I reject your reality and substitute my own ~Adam Savage