Correct my English!

This is a discussion on Correct my English! within the General Chat board part of the General category; The story the Veldt shows Ideas how the Future can be. George and Lydia Hadley enter a room which emulates ...

hendricius is offline Administrator

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Correct my English!

The story the Veldt shows Ideas how the Future can be. George and Lydia Hadley enter a room which emulates a desired reality via a computer and then delivers it directly into the persons’ heads located in the room. The married couple goes on a Safari in Africa using the machine, where they are attacked by Lions which scares Lydia, makes her leave the room aka nursery and then leads to a discussion about vacation.

Message of the Author:
    “They walked down the hall of their soundproofed, Happylife home, which had cost them thirty thousand dollars installed, this house which clothed and fed and rocked them to sleep and played and sang and was good to them.” ~page 7

In my opinion the “Happylife home” is ment in a rather ironical way. It gives me the impression that the Author is thinking rather scornful about the main characters.
    The next interesteing statement reveals a similarity between one of Collin Higgin’s messages and Ray Bradbury’s: There is an obsession with death. Humans often have necrophiliac tendencies because they like to own dead matter, e.g. probably 20 percent of all males in western civilization find it desirable to own an expensive car. They invest a lot of their precious lifetime trying to afford an object similar to George Hadley in the short story.

“The lions were coming. And again George Hadley was filled with admiration for the mechanical genius who had conceived this room. A miracle of efficiency selling for an absurdly low price. Every home should have one.” ~page 8

As you can see George Hadley perfectly fits into the elucidated pattern. He finds it very desirable achiefing dead mattern. He is crazy about his room of boundless possibilities

“The house was full of dead bodies, it seemed. It felt like a mechanical cemetery. So silent. None of the humming hidden energy of machines waiting to function at the tap of a button” ~page 17

Another interesting part is when the parents are being locked into the nursery by their children. They could only have been locked in there because George had reactivated the nursery against his will for 1 minute to satisfy his kids which had started begging like addicted junkies. The nursery, a machine had morphed them into vicious entities.

You should not base your whole life up on machines, they could ruin you. That is what has had happened to the parents. They based their whole life on a machine. The machine had disabled the natural relation between parents and children. Even worse it had made the kids a huge potential danger.

Before that passage George had asked the psychologist if the lions could become real. His question was declined. George should not have believed. After being locked in the nursery he was killed by the lions.

Do not believe everything what you are being told. George blindly trusts the psychologist. ....... .......

----

There you go. Would be nice if you could correct my grammar/language mistakes. Thanks.
    You suck. Suck a little less and become a fan on Facebook.

"D3scene pwns" - Hendrik (PIRATE)

BlueIsImba is offline Best Mod Ever
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Correct my English!

The story ''The Veldt'' shows ideas on how the future might be. George and Lydia Hadley enter a room which emulates a desired reality via a computer and then delivers it directly into the persons’ heads. Later on, the married couple goes on a Safari in Africa by using the machine. Once there, they are attacked by scary lions and Lydia then run away until she reaches the nursery. After a while, they start to talk about vacations.

Message of the Author:
    “They walked down the hall of their soundproofed, Happylife home, which had cost them thirty thousand dollars installed, this house which clothed and fed and rocked them to sleep and played and sang and was good to them.” ~page 7

In my opinion the “Happylife Home” was wrote in a rather ironical way. It gives me the impression that the author is thinking rather scornful about the main characters. (Maybe tell us why, support the facts...)
    The next statement reveals a similarity between Collin Higgin’s and Ray Bradbury’s message; both portay an obsession with death. In fact, humans often have necrophiliac tendencies because they like to own dead matter, e.g. probably 20 percent of all males in western civilization find it desirable to own an expensive car. They invest a lot of their precious lifetime trying to afford an object similar to George Hadley in the short story.

“The lions were coming. And again George Hadley was filled with admiration for the mechanical genius who had conceived this room. A miracle of efficiency selling for an absurdly low price. Every home should have one.” ~page 8

As you can see George Hadley perfectly fits into the elucidated pattern. He finds it very desirable to achieve dead matters. He is crazy about his room of boundless possibilities.

“The house was full of dead bodies, it seemed. It felt like a mechanical cemetery. So silent. None of the humming hidden energy of machines waiting to function at the tap of a button” ~page 17

I dont understand that P

You should not base your whole life up on machines because they could ruin you. That is what happened to the parents; they based their whole life on a machine. The machine disabled the natural relation between parents and children and made the kids a potential danger.

Before that passage, George asked the psychologist if the lions could become real. His question was declined but George should not have believed it because later on, he was killed by the same lions that he was told didn't exist.

Do not believe everything what you are being told. George blindly trusts the psychologist. ....... .......

----

There you go. Would be nice if you could correct my grammar/language mistakes. Thanks.

If you got any request, about anything, feel free to PM me. I'm not as bitchy as I seem lol.