festia (mmorpg) screwed me, illegaly.

This is a discussion on festia (mmorpg) screwed me, illegaly. within the General Chat board part of the General category; begining: so you may of may not know that a new mmorpg came out a little while a go, its ...

35yeros is offline Im still on a Boat.
    Array
    N38°52'14" W77°03'19" its funny because it might be true
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

festia (mmorpg) screwed me, illegaly.

begining:
    so you may of may not know that a new mmorpg came out a little while a go, its powered by outspark, its called festia. its a decent game, its free, and its got some nifty fetures. had decent graphics, had a lvl 8, some pimp gear, and tons of iteams.

the problem: so i am lvl 8 i am sitting in the town, and i open my shop, (ppl can walk up to me and buy stuff that i have already set the price for, and i dont have to be there i can be afk me being there) so i down size it and open, tribal wars (another mmorpg, thats easy to hack) logon, and then open cheat engine to hack, but then zmog, this fing thing comes up:

so i am like wtf? tribal wars doesnt have this.....then i think, fiesta, fuck.
    then my pc shuts off. and i am like wow.....i had a project up i hadnt saved, but i wasnt that far along..........so then i start up my pc agian, log on, and zmog this comes up:

the climax:
    and i am like.....WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!
    wow got deleted (i fing payed for it)
    mega tool bar deleted
    gold wave studio grade music editor got deleted (i fing payed for it)
    windows pro encoder deleted (i fing payed for it)
    all sony drivers deleted (microphone chip stets) (i fing payed for it)
    avg 9.0 deleted (i fing payed for it)
    ALL adobe products deleted (not payed for, but take forever to dl)
    quick time deleted
    real delted
    and of course, fiesta deleted its self

and thats just the immediate missing extensions that popped up.
    so...i have to assume that x-trap deleted them, or, my pc crashed, but, not all prgs were lost, dell help stayed, cs stayed, halo stayed, wpe stayed, ophcrack stayed, brutus stayed, and nivida board overdrive stayed.
    i already contacted xtrap saying that if they did this i would quote "wring there necks" i havent had a respone, but i just sent it.

then i got to thinking, that they LEGALLY can under no cercimstance affect/access my pc with out my consent.

the facts:

so i looked it up, i found this:
    Computer crime can broadly be defined as criminal activity involving an information technology infrastructure, including illegal access (unauthorized access)
    so since i currently live in the united states...i looked up spefics:
    i found this: US CODE: Title 18,1029. Fraud and related activity in connection with access *devices
    its basically a fancy way of saying "you cant knowingly access a telecommunicational device with out the owneds consent"
    and the thing is, i didnt try to hack it, i tried to have tribal wars, so ya, they had absoutly no right to access me.
    so i am not looking for a law suit or anthing, but i am looking for my fing money back.

so here i am, with out my wow, or cs, so i guess halo will have to do, more updates about this should, hopefully follow.

festia.....i am coming for you.

Last edited by 35yeros; 04-07-2008 at 04:29 AM.
    When in doubt, empty the magazine, They dont pay you to bring home bullets

bomber is offline Anti-Sexy-Steam-User
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is not illegal. Microsoft did not access your computer at any point. It's a defence system to prevent you from hacking there game. The game only deleted the hacks that are detected on your computer as I clearly see it.

Volund is offline Banned

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and then deleted shit on his harddrive? that is not right, but you should look over the EULA that comes with the game, it may say something.

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i know i decided to hack, but 1) i wantnt hacking festia, and 2) i never gave it the right to acces my pc.
    and i did read the eula terms, and they do say that tlhey are not responsible for any problems that the game casues, so ya i really cant do anything, i am just kinda mad that they would delete stuff.
    and most of the necessary progrsma were dled agian, was up all night doing it but it works agian.
    Last edited by 35yeros; 04-07-2008 at 04:42 PM.

Kevin is offline guy

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    :/ They can sue you just as easily for trying to hack another game. You have no power mate if you open cheat engine and are using it for the internet then they have every right to do shit. Maybe the stuff was deleted because you used cheat engine on it or something. But I agree you should contact a site for your paid things and somewhat pay a fee :/

InfinityV is offline Guru
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately, there's no way you can prove that you weren't trying to hack Festia. Also, the lawsuit would probably be against X-Trap, which is the game protection software that wiped your harddrive.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Vista? Yuck

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ya i ant gona sue its really not worth it.