Ask Blue and Hendricius serious questions!

This is a discussion on Ask Blue and Hendricius serious questions! within the General Chat board part of the General category; Alright I have been runing the ''Ask BlueIsImba'' thread for about a year now and I though that it would ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    BlueIsImba is offline Best Mod Ever
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ask Blue and Hendricius serious questions!

Alright I have been runing the ''Ask BlueIsImba'' thread for about a year now and I though that it would be cool to have another thread concerning SERIOUS questions. This is why Hendricius and me decided to start this thread. Each one of us will answer your questions the best we can.

Each post should contain at least one question or it will be deleted. Note that asking me if I like pie is NOT a serious question .

We will try to open a new thread for all questions and then let you know the links.

Thanks for participating. We try to give our best .

If you got any request, about anything, feel free to PM me. I'm not as bitchy as I seem lol.

BlameTheGame is offline Premium Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been studying cloning a bit ( Read 4 books and serveral articles on the internet ), and understand the concept and procedure of xenotransplation- and Embryo cloning.
    I'm having some problems regarding transgene (Danish word, not quite sure about the english one, It's animals that get certain cells injected, depending on the wished effect, e.g. the cow Karo, is able to produce almost 10x the normal amount of milk, or a sheep, which I can't remember the name of, that produce proteins which works as medicine for Cystisk Fibrose and for sickness which cause your wounds to keep bleeding ) animals, you see I do not understand the procedure, as most information arond on the internet seems misleading and generally confusing.

So I hoped you could give me a explanation?
    Last edited by BlueIsImba; 05-21-2008 at 06:08 PM.
    Former Global Moderator

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha Blame that's a serious question. Well at start, transgenic organisms carry genes inserted into its genome. The process involves recombinant DNA, which are molecules made from pieces of DNA from different organisms. Scientists produce recombinant DNA by putting a fragment of DNA into a plasmid (circular DNA molecules usually found in bacteria). The fragment-containing vectors are then inserted into the genes of an organism.

An example: Scientists in 1973 put together a creature that was part bacterium and part frog. They constructed this organism by isolating the gene that codes for ribosomal DNA from the DNA of a frog. Then they inserted the frog gene into the DNA of the bacterium E.coli. The bacterium began producing frog RNA.

Here is a picture :

So basicaly:
    1. A specific gene is identified in a DNA sequence.
    2. The DNA fragment to be inserted is isolated.
    3. The DNA fragment is recombined into a vector.
    4. Recombinant DNA is transferred into a bacterial cell.
    Last edited by BlueIsImba; 05-21-2008 at 06:12 PM.

If you got any request, about anything, feel free to PM me. I'm not as bitchy as I seem lol.

MaRcDk is offline Business Owner

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to ask if there is ANY proofs that there exists any kind of "Ufo's"?
    I have been reading several books about this, Much of stories about people, who has seen strange things on the sky. I readed about it in school some years ago, Much people thinks im strange because i believe in these fenomens, but i do, i have seen much documentaryfilms about the Lochnessmonster and stuff like that, (i dont believe it exists, but i believe Ufo's does)

Well back to the qustions, are there ANY proofes that there are other lifeforms out in space? Or is it just storries going around? (and im not talking about small lifeforms which have been found on Mars)

This is a hard, and maybe a stupid question, Sorry, i know some of you are thinking, WTF? he is weird!

Thanks for this "Service" anyways, i like the idea

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least 90 percent of UFO sightings can be identified as conventional objects, although time-consuming investigations are often necessary for such identification. The objects most often mistaken for UFOs are bright planets and stars, aircraft, birds, balloons, kites, aerial flares, peculiar clouds, meteors, and satellites. The remaining sightings most likely can be attributed to other mistaken sightings or to inaccurate reporting, hoaxes, or delusions, although to disprove all claims made about UFOs is impossible.

So it's kind of up to you to believe or choose to believe, I personally wish hope and pray that there is other intelligent life out there and I'd like to think that they have been here and maybe even still are, but the truth of the matter is is no one on here is going to be able to offer you concrete proof or evidence on here showing that there are aliens out there, although you might watch the tv show ufo hunters and come up with your own conclusion. Asking me if they exists is like asking me if there is any proof that God exists; either you believe in it, or you don't.

MaRcDk is offline Business Owner

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueIsImba View Post
    At least 90 percent of UFO sightings can be identified as conventional objects, although time-consuming investigations are often necessary for such identification. The objects most often mistaken for UFOs are bright planets and stars, aircraft, birds, balloons, kites, aerial flares, peculiar clouds, meteors, and satellites. The remaining sightings most likely can be attributed to other mistaken sightings or to inaccurate reporting, hoaxes, or delusions, although to disprove all claims made about UFOs is impossible.

So it's kind of up to you to believe or choose to believe, I personally wish hope and pray that there is other intelligent life out there and I'd like to think that they have been here and maybe even still are, but the truth of the matter is is no one on here is going to be able to offer you concrete proof or evidence on here showing that there are aliens out there, although you might watch the tv show ufo hunters and come up with your own conclusion. Asking me if they exists is like asking me if there is any proof that God exists; either you believe in it, or you don't.
    This isn't a question, just a reply, i hope its allowed in this thread, Else, just delete it again

I've seen a documentarymovie about some people who saw an ufo hit the ground a mile from their house, they went over and saw some humanlooking creatures, they contacted some people (i dont remember if it was the police or who it was) Today, 50 years later the people who got contacted doesn't want to give any informations about what happened, everything is like a big secret, (it was an organisation who knew all about this) Its very weird, no one knows who's right, the people on the farm, or the organisation... Sorry, 3 years ago i saw this in the tv, hard to remember the details

Another thing im wondering of is that much pilots has seen strange things in the sky, plate-formed things flying on the sky, they never said anything cause they were scared of lossing their job due to the fact that this isn't a normal thing to talk about. They told it after they quitted their job... Still i don't know what to believe about this subject. Anyway, Thank you very much for your answer, You cant really answer it because i dont believe there are any REAL proofs out yet... Else they are hided by Cia or something, i dont know
    Last edited by MaRcDk; 05-21-2008 at 06:54 PM.

Ryan is offline Ubiquitous

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why Isn't Nowa Banned ?

YourName is offline THE ONE AND ONLY DARK KNIGHTY

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why am I not premium?
    Providing you with foolish stuff since 2007.

Serverman is offline Paranoia!

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How can illidan be moderator ??? :S
    My car is not leaking oil?
    Its marking its territory!

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First question: Why isn't Nowa banned?
    I guess Hendricius should answer this question for I have been quite inactive in the last couple of months. However, I guess it's because he hasn't done anything bad enough for us to ban him. You need a reaosn to ban someone. You can't just ban someone because a couple of members don't like him.

Second question: Why am I not premium?
    Probably because you need to deserve it. I don't really know you, maybe you should try to guides you wrote by yourself. Get yourself known, be useful and you will be in no time.

Third question: How can Illidan be a moderator?
    Why wouldn't he be? This guy might have acted imature at start, but I think he has change. He has prooven very trustworty and has done a lot for the site. I guess everyone deserves a second chance.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast