Some healthy suggestions.

This is a discussion on Some healthy suggestions. within the General Chat board part of the General category; Originally Posted by hendricius There should only be 2 styles I agree. I personally like bright ones and other prefer ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dragon[Sky] is offline Mentor
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hendricius View Post
    There should only be 2 styles I agree. I personally like bright ones and other prefer dark ones. One thing tough dragon sky, try to stick with the default colors, that makes it easier to read your text on other styles .
    Damn, I'm terribly sorry about that. Just realized it's hard to read on bright templates. My bad. Habit, I guess. Using it everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by hendricius View Post
    One question Dragonsky: What do you mean with white members? If, then they are only moderating relatively inactive sections. Plus have a look at our moderator lists, we only have 1-2 of those :p.
    My point, exactly. Why have a normal member moderating an inactive section? Sounds pretty stupid, doesn't it? I'd rather have the sections removed.

Last edited by Dragon[Sky]; 05-27-2008 at 11:24 PM.
    I'm not biased. I hate everyone.

Kevin is offline guy

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Dragon.
    But the tags are seemingly a good idea but if you want my opinion tags are first of all: Ugly, look bad. and second of all they take up space. Tags should only be if you either once you've registered, or should be accessed by having a little pop up message that comes and tells you: Want to see our content? CLICK HERE or something that brings you to the tags. also all random stuff thats there should be removed. Why the hell is Mac Size 72?

AvA. is offline Mentor
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh noes...
    Seems like you don't know much but want to be the "Great Criticiser"..

The tags are a great way to improve your rank in search engines because the crawlers & other bots have something like a tree-path they can follow.
    An other way would be hiding the tags via CSS, but this is not allowed in many of the search engines and you will be banned (if it comes out).

The "logging out" thing is just a thing that takes two minutes...
    You just have to increase the time, the session will automatically destroyed.

AJAX is just some Web 2.0 which would pretty increase the load of the server...
    So this forum would not be as fast/slow as it was without AJAX implementation.

The registration page should also not be a "Honey-Bunny-World". If it would be we would only have some more idi**s, that you have to explain any single step they have to do...

And a new theme? The staff paid for this theme! Why should it be changed? We could simply improve some graphics of the theme... I would help.

And IP-Recognizing? Stasi 3.0 Non-Public, huh? Hell, that's crap!

AvA. - One who left D3Scene and came back...

BlueIsImba is offline Best Mod Ever
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2. Second of all, We have very good and skilled Graphic artists. I'm thinking that we could make this site look like something that somebody would WANT to be on. This skin, I hate to say, will make half the people go because they think this is just some random site.
    I agree that we do have some very good graphic artists but the fact is that there is a huge difference between making a forum interface and a signature. I, for myself, can't to it. However, we could buy a better template, even thought I do think ours is fine. We have a nice variety of choice.

I also you Kevin for your good initiative. I hope every members would react like you to the new contributor usergroup.

If you got any request, about anything, feel free to PM me. I'm not as bitchy as I seem lol.

AvA. is offline Mentor
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why don't you start a "casting" for a D3Scene Graphic-Designer?

AvA. - One who left D3Scene and came back...

BlueIsImba is offline Best Mod Ever
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you mean a casting? I'm not sure I understand.

If you got any request, about anything, feel free to PM me. I'm not as bitchy as I seem lol.

Kevin is offline guy

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well look I mean a lot of my idea's have some faults to them (maybe many, I am not trying to make light of it) but for a fact we still have dataspace. But since we have it, we don't use it. Why? because Idea's are getting harder to find, this site is already in it's tops, we have most of what is needed (except the arcade, which I guess was removed because of more space.) So basically as my suggestions aren't the best, we still have space to add some more to not make the site slow. I agree the draft idea would probably slow the site down. But seriously, unless you have better ideas, at least some idea's should go into function at least for a little while. I know I'm not so good with all this but I'm just trying the be good to the site, that will never leave me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12