Some healthy suggestions.

This is a discussion on Some healthy suggestions. within the General Chat board part of the General category; Ok guys first of all I am going to be contributing a lot to try and reach Contributor. Second of ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Kevin is offline guy

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some healthy suggestions.

Ok guys first of all I am going to be contributing a lot to try and reach Contributor.
    Second of all, I am going to act extremely mature from now on and say that I'm 16. I'M 16. NOT Younger.

Third of all, I would like to present my idea. I have been thinking of ways to get new members and I have thought up of a couple small ideas.

1. To create a message when you come to WoW Hacks, Cheats, Bots for the first time (will be IP recognized) and it will tell you of the marvelous wonders of our brilliant site. I will type it up later but please no one else I'd rather nobody would steal it.
    2. Second of all, We have very good and skilled Graphic artists. I'm thinking that we could make this site look like something that somebody would WANT to be on. This skin, I hate to say, will make half the people go because they think this is just some random site.
    3. Even though not so relevant, Do not increase size for how many times tags have been searched for. Also, all tags that are developing nicely and have a good reason to be typed should be accepted. so like it should be at least searched by 3 different people.
    4. The registration page should be impressive. A lot of people judge the site by how good it's presentation is. So create like: Basic information: We need you to enter this blablablablabla and then you can choose to change your profile after clicking next, choosing your avatar and signature and choosing what membergroup you want to be in (like the WoW freaks or whatever). avatar and sig choosing and such can be skipped.
    5. Sometimes when I type in a big message and then I get extremely pissed off because it suddenly says that I'm logged off for some reason. I was thinking that we should have an auto draft-save like every 20 seconds that automatically saves the post you are typing and then if you get logged off and such then you can simply go to User CP -> drafts and so on. This would be for the last two posts.
    6. A small little add on is that whenever you click on like "Submit Post" or something on the upper right of your screen or something there could be loading sign or something.

With these changes I think that we can create one of the best forums there ever was.

Kevin.

PS. I posted this in the general section because no one bothers with the suggestion section ^

Stroh is offline Narf Narf

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like this suggestions.

3. i dont rly like the tags on the main page :S they look ugly

5. this is something i rly need too! if my internet disconnects i lost all i wrote :S so this would be awesome!!

Volund is offline Banned

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The staff does "bother" with the suggestions area.

I like some of these ideas.

edit- we don't have a suggestions board anymore o.O weird...
    Last edited by Volund; 05-27-2008 at 07:25 PM.

YourName is offline THE ONE AND ONLY DARK KNIGHTY

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5. Just use Firefox and press back?
    Providing you with foolish stuff since 2007.

Kevin is offline guy

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveYou] View Post
    5. Just use Firefox and press back?
    I'm not that stupid. It doesn't work if you would try to do that. thank god I Copy pasted the thread before I pressed Post or else It'd be much less detailed because I would be pissed off.

MaRcDk is offline Business Owner

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I'm not that stupid. It doesn't work if you would try to do that. thank god I Copy pasted the thread before I pressed Post or else It'd be much less detailed because I would be pissed off.
    Tried point 5 several times when making guides, DAMN its so annoying xD Im getting used to copy/past all i wrote into notepad just as a safety

Kevin is offline guy

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep.
    Basically the point of this is to make this site more professional and such. Good ideas to make this site look like some top site?

Serverman is offline Paranoia!

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Totally agree on number 3 (i suggest just removing it, its just annoying even though you can hide it a little) But nb.5 would probably take a lot of bandwith.... (but i guess we can handle it with the server we got )
    My car is not leaking oil?
    Its marking its territory!

Dragon[Sky] is offline Mentor
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2. Second of all, We have very good and skilled Graphic artists. I'm thinking that we could make this site look like something that somebody would WANT to be on. This skin, I hate to say, will make half the people go because they think this is just some random site.
    That would not require only skilled artists, but good coders as well.
    Coding a template yourself would take quite alot of time.

4. The registration page should be impressive. A lot of people judge the site by how good it's presentation is. So create like: Basic information: We need you to enter this blablablablabla and then you can choose to change your profile after clicking next, choosing your avatar and signature and choosing what membergroup you want to be in (like the WoW freaks or whatever). avatar and sig choosing and such can be skipped.
    Eh, no comment. That's registration. You can't make it fascinating, you can only add more questions. You can't spice up the registration page with Javascript etc. That would be plain stupid and...well, other reasons. I have js disabled as I wouldn't want to be pestered by random stuff while doing something. I would want to simply register.
    5. Sometimes when I type in a big message and then I get extremely pissed off because it suddenly says that I'm logged off for some reason. I was thinking that we should have an auto draft-save like every 20 seconds that automatically saves the post you are typing and then if you get logged off and such then you can simply go to User CP -> drafts and so on. This would be for the last two posts.
    And do you know how much DB space would that take up? Saving every post every 20 seconds? I'd rather choose site performance.
    If you've been writing a post for...longer than 15 min (that's how much time do vBulletin sessions need to expire), then set your browser to remember you.

6. A small little add on is that whenever you click on like "Submit Post" or something on the upper right of your screen or something there could be loading sign or something.
    Once again, irrelevant. Waste of space. That would by no means help loading, that would only slow down the site. Depends on your connection.

Just throwing out my opinions. I can go in deep details but I don't feel like.

My suggestions would be: get rid of useless health/whatever forums, stick to the gaming site title. Why are they even there? Not like users are interested in such stuff, honestly. They just post there to fill up the sections. And personally I'd rather post stuff with desire to help out the site rather than fill out random content. (my opinion)
    What would you feel like when you see a site with 12391238987213 sections and barely any useful content in them? I'd be disappointed.
    Remove useless features from the site.
    Get an organized staff, I see white members modding random sections. Why is this? This is completely not needed and wrong. Just shows a lack of professionalism, no offence. But that's just how stuff goes.
    And last but not least, stick with one template. Not 4. One.
    Some graphics/fonts/avatars etc don't match all templates. I use Greenfox cause I hate bright templates. And people do complain ALOT more about bright templates. Just my 2 cents.

Do not get this as an insult or something. I'm just trying to be constructive and I'm talking out of my experience on the net.
    I know that my opinion means nothing, I'm not very active here. But I'd appreciate it if you atleast took your time to read through my wall of text.

EDIT: My entire post summarized - it's the content that makes a site great, not the graphics.
    Last edited by Dragon[Sky]; 05-27-2008 at 09:29 PM.
    I'm not biased. I hate everyone.

hendricius is offline Administrator

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must agree with you Dragon Sky in most points.

What you are talking about Kevin is named AJAX. It is quite server intensive and hard to code. This is a pre build software. I did not code it. I won't be able to implement such features.

And to hiding content, nope. I will not do that although all people suggest me to. Google rules the world, hiding content from the search engines is evil.

There should only be 2 styles I agree. I personally like bright ones and other prefer dark ones. One thing tough dragon sky, try to stick with the default colors, that makes it easier to read your text on other styles .

Tags are not going to be removed. They are highly relevant content and are very good for searching (try the tag search). The different size of tags is normal. All websites with tags have tags of different sizes depending on the popularity of the tags.

I agree. We should remove some boards and move sports to general again.

One question Dragonsky: What do you mean with white members? If, then they are only moderating relatively inactive sections. Plus have a look at our moderator lists, we only have 1-2 of those :p.

Thanks for the suggestions
    You suck. Suck a little less and become a fan on Facebook.

"D3scene pwns" - Hendrik (PIRATE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast