When will the world end?

This is a discussion on When will the world end? within the General Chat board part of the General category; Originally Posted by Toxik When will the world end? I mean, people have said 2012 because of Bible Code, but, ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    hendricius is offline Administrator

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When will the world end?

Quote Originally Posted by Toxik View Post
    When will the world end? I mean, people have said 2012 because of Bible Code, but, yet, could it end tomorrow? I doubt you'll answer this anyhowss.
    Our earth can be destroyed at any time. There are several aspects that are either a danger to us or to the whole planet earth. There is a super Volcano in the Yellow-Stone-National park that will probably erupt in 50.000 - 100.000 years. With its explosion Europe is going to be covered in 10 centimeter ash. The whole world would be completely dark for around 20 days. That could lead to a lack of oxygen or a strong cooling and consequently to a massive dieing of all species, including humans.

Back in 1980 the USA and Soviets had enough nuclear bombs to completely destroy the world 200 times. With better weapon technology and more countries able to purchase it the chance of a deadly nuclear war increases every day.

There can always be comets that struck our earth which can not be stopped. A big comet could have the same effects as the super Volcano. Plus if the impact is strong enough it could catapult our earth out of it's current orbit leading to dramatic climate changes.

The last but most interesting thing if you ask me is going to earth's definite death. The Sun will have burned all energy in around 50 billion years. When that happens the sun will collapse and transform itself into a red dwarf. With the transform a giant gas cloud of incredible heat will start moving radial around the sun. A few years later the earth will be covered in that cloud resulting in a death of all life. This gas cloud then explodes resulting in a compression of the sun into a neutron star. The sun's gravity will increase and make the earth collapse with the sun. Perhaps, scientists are unsure, the sun will then transform into a black hole. The black hole has a that high gravity that the earth will then vanish in it. That's our end . Not 2012.

Interesting: Black hole - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You suck. Suck a little less and become a fan on Facebook.

"D3scene pwns" - Hendrik (PIRATE)

Ryan is offline Ubiquitous

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NO WAY ! I Just Watched That Yellowstone Volcano Video. I Thought A Super Eruption Wouldn't Happen, But Do You Really Think What They Said Can ?

Ganom is offline Banned User
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hendricius View Post
    The last but most interesting thing if you ask me is going to earth's definite death. The Sun will have burned all energy in around 50 billion years. When that happens the sun will collapse and transform itself into a red dwarf. With the transform a giant gas cloud of incredible heat will start moving radial around the sun. A few years later the earth will be covered in that cloud resulting in a death of all life. This gas cloud then explodes resulting in a compression of the sun into a neutron star. The sun's gravity will increase and make the earth collapse with the sun. Perhaps, scientists are unsure, the sun will then transform into a black hole. The black hole has a that high gravity that the earth will then vanish in it. That's our end . Not 2012.
    Actually as a sciene geek i am, It would not be close enough to pull us in. All it would do was burn the living hell out of us, turning us to ash.

Also a neutron star CANNOT happen with our sun. As that it is a midget star. All it would do is become huge then boom gone. It cannot be created from a supernova. It just wont happen.
    Last edited by Ganom; 06-04-2008 at 09:09 PM.

Ryan is offline Ubiquitous

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Volcanic Ash Isn't Real Ash. Its More Of A Thin Glass Substance. The Ash Also Is VERY Thin, And Would Travel With Wind For A Long Ways To Go. When The Ash Gets In Your Lungs, It Somehow Causes Your Bones To Constantly Get Thicker, And Produce More Bone Marrow. You Will Die A Slow, Painful Death. A Super Eruption From Yellowstone Can In Fact Cause Another Ice Age.

35yeros is offline Im still on a Boat.
    Array
    N38°52'14" W77°03'19" its funny because it might be true
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes and you also have to factor in the affects of humans brething in this ash, and whats the deal with 2012 anyway? i mean what is going to end the earth, the bible doesnt say does it???
    When in doubt, empty the magazine, They dont pay you to bring home bullets

DoGgY is offline Paintball 4 life
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for people that speak french I made a website for school project.

and I choose the Schumann resonance ..

http://resonance-schumann.site.voila.fr/ here is my website

Blarg is offline Budha
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2012 is bullshit. I agree with hendrik although it would take at least 30 something years and even then it will only miss us by a few hundred miles. The next 30 years there might be a chance. Yellow stone some people say 50 years other say 100 I don´t know I´ve been hearing about that for many years and its basically the same old shit every day. I doubt the world will end within my lifetime. Maybe my grandchild's life time who knows.

Therick is offline desu
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    world ends 21-12-2012, case closed
    k

dog_keeper is offline Teh Sexy One.
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We can stop Comets actually but not volcanic eruption.
    And you missed out this :]

What is a mega-tsunami?
    A mega-tsunami is simply a gigantic wave, one big enough to cross oceans and destroy cities. They can be thousands of feet high moving at supersonic speeds. They can be caused by huge meteors crashing into the ocean, or by massive landslides. No boat or building hit by a mega tsunami could survive. But now scientists believe that we could be sitting on a time bomb, that sooner or later one will destroy New York, Boston and Miami, and that nothing could stop it.

When was the biggest tsunami?
    The largest tsunami in recorded history was in Lituya Bay, Canada, 1958. An earthquake measuring 8.3 on the Richter scale caused 40 million cubic metres of rock to fall into the sea. A wave more than half a kilometre high was created that surged through the bay devastating all in its path. This was not even a mega-tsunami, by these standards it was tiny, but it did show scientists what sort of wave a small landslide could cause. But what would be the effect of a big one?

Where have mega tsunamis occurred in the past?
    Scientists hunted that world for sites that could potentially cause a mega tsunami. They discovered that at least eleven mega tsunamis had happened in the last 200,000 years, caused by island collapses in the Hawaiian and Canary islands.

Where is one likely to occur in the future?
    The island of La Palma, in the Canary Islands off the coast of North Africa, was discovered to be in great danger of collapsing. The island is volcanic and during an eruption of the Cumbre Vieja volcano in 1949 part of the island slipped a few metres into the sea before stopping. Another eruption could cause the western flank of the island to collapse in the Atlantic Ocean.

When will it happen?
    No one knows. It will happen during an eruption of Cumbre Vieja. It is an active volcano, last erupting in 1949. However the next eruption may not destroy the island, the next 10 may not. Only on thing is certain - one-day an incredible force will surge through the Atlantic Ocean.

How big would it be?
    It would be far bigger than any wave ever seen for thousands of years. 500 billion tonnes of rock are waiting to collapse into the ocean at terrific speed. The collapse would create nearly 5,000,000,000,000,000 (5 thousand trillion) joules of kinetic energy, which would be converted into a colossal wave 900 metres high with awesome speed - within ten minutes it would have moved 250 kilometres. The landslide would continue to move underwater, powering the wave as it goes.

What damage would it cause?
    No coastline in the North Atlantic would be spared. Britain, France, Spain and Portugal would all be badly hit North Africa would be hit by 100 metre waves, but the main wave would travel west. It would storm across the Atlantic in hours, hitting the Caribbean and Brazil badly. However, the real damage would be to the East coast of the USA.

By the time it had travelled the 4000 miles to America the wave would be lower and wider. It would now be just 50 metres high but many kilometres long, allowing it to sweep up to 20 miles in land, destroying everything in its path. Boston, New York and Miami would virtually be wiped off the map. Skyscrapers would be bulldozed as if they weren't there. Bridges would be ripped from their foundations. And virtually every human in these cities would be killed.

There would be indirect consequences around the world. The events of the 11 September wiped millions off stock markets around the world. What would be the effects of the destruction of not only the rest of New York, but also the rest of the East Coast on the world's economies?

How can we stop it?
    Put simply, we can't. We have no technology that can stop a volcano erupting, no support that can hold 500 billion tonnes of rock and no barrier that can stop a wave moving at 500 miles per hour. All we can do is evacuate.

But can we evacuate tens of millions of people with just a few hours notice? Unless evacuation plans were incredibly well thought out, no. Imagine New York's grid locked streets trying to cope with every person in the city on them. The alternative is evacuating when the volcano starts to erupt, possibly giving a few weeks warning. However, the island may not collapse on the next eruption, or even the next ten. Would we risk evacuating millions of people on the off chance? Could we risk not to?

Reference : Armageddon Online - A mega tsunami (a wave thousands of feet high) will one day hit New York

http://i34.tinypic.com/2j1o715.jpg
    By eZ]aCx of D3Scene.com

35yeros is offline Im still on a Boat.
    Array
    N38°52'14" W77°03'19" its funny because it might be true
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dog_keeper View Post
    We can stop Comets actually but not volcanic eruption.
    And you missed out this :]
    How can we stop it?
    Put simply, we can't. We have no technology that can stop a volcano erupting, no support that can hold 500 billion tonnes of rock and no barrier that can stop a wave moving at 500 miles per hour. All we can do is evacuate.

But can we evacuate tens of millions of people with just a few hours notice? Unless evacuation plans were incredibly well thought out, no. Imagine New York's grid locked streets trying to cope with every person in the city on them. The alternative is evacuating when the volcano starts to erupt, possibly giving a few weeks warning. However, the island may not collapse on the next eruption, or even the next ten. Would we risk evacuating millions of people on the off chance? Could we risk not to?

Reference : Armageddon Online - A mega tsunami (a wave thousands of feet high) will one day hit New York
    simply, fill a trash can with all the crap that you have made using guides on this site, jump in, light a lighter, no more world for you
    there is ways to live through the end of the world, one, leave earth, two, hope you were born with some super gene that makes you and some hot chick the only suvivor, three, stock up on guns and ammo, go into the canidan wildreness and hold it out.
    and there are loads more lol....just watch the sifi channel, thall give you some ideas :undecided:
    When in doubt, empty the magazine, They dont pay you to bring home bullets

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast