svchost.exe

This is a discussion on svchost.exe within the General Chat board part of the General category; One of my computer has turned crazy... every time i start it, program called svchost.exe takes 99% of the powers ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    niko123456 is offline Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

svchost.exe

One of my computer has turned crazy... every time i start it, program called svchost.exe takes 99% of the powers of my computer... always when i shut down the program everything is ok...I read from somewhere that svchost.exe is doing something with windows updates, so when i turned windows upadtes of everything is back to normal...but now if i want update my windows manually computer freaks out again...i would be very happy if someone could help me ;D

Caramba is offline Premium Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: svchost.exe

No need of the spyware from windows.

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also have run ad-aware, several virus programs, spy-bot,free registry fix, registery booster,ccleaner,and some another spywre program and there was just few errors wich i fixed... there is nothing i could imgine i could do anymore :-[

mayby i just have to format c.....

Dokken is offline Inactive, Ex-Staff
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't format C:, svchost.exe is part of the windows xp (Maybe Vista too, haven't checked) operating system. Usually when it take up 99% of your system resources, it will last only for 5 mins max. If you don't feel like waiting 5 minutes for it to finish up, just put your computer on standby, then wait about 30 seconds and turn it back on. This should solve the problem for you. I used to have the same problem with my computer. If you look in your processes there are multiple copies of svchost.exe running, these are all part of the window xp operating system, and are perfectly normal. Let me know if you need further help.

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dokken
    Don't format C:, svchost.exe is part of the windows xp (Maybe Vista too, haven't checked) operating system. Usually when it take up 99% of your system resources, it will last only for 5 mins max. If you don't feel like waiting 5 minutes for it to finish up, just put your computer on standby, then wait about 30 seconds and turn it back on. This should solve the problem for you. I used to have the same problem with my computer. If you look in your processes there are multiple copies of svchost.exe running, these are all part of the window xp operating system, and are perfectly normal. Let me know if you need further help.
    I think I need more help... I tryed to do what u said but it did not help :'( I waited much more than 5 minutes but it did not help...(tried also that another thing too).. I read from somewhere that proplelm will be solved if i just turn off all windows updates. I did so and now when i start windows svchost.exe is not anymore proplelm... but now if i want to update my operating system (i tried do it manually from microsoft update page) svchost.exe start doing the same thing (taking those 99% from powers) and update never goes to the end....

Edit: omg i solved the proplelm ;D
    This is stupid but i did this and it worked^^: I started my computer and before the svchost.exe started to control my comp, I went to cotrol panel and choosed all windows updates off...then i restarted my computer and went to windows update page. There i pressed settings and put that "i never want windows updates again" thing... then i restarted windows update page and it reloaded some file... then becuse of something, thanks to god, IT SATRTED TO DOWNLOAD BEFORE svchost.exe get grazy... i installed updates and choosed "use automatic updates" again and then i restarted comp... and woala!!!! the computer is working... i dont know why but i think "windows update" was fraked out because of something FUCKING NOOB WINDOWS^^

btw.. i have 6 svchost.exe on... all others are not taking much memory.. it is only one wich always takes ower hole cmp..

Chaotic is offline Guru
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A friend had the same problem.
    He bought a completely new PC and got always this windows problem!
    He tried to reinstall/format 3times windows xp and any other online solution,so after all,it still didn't work and, he installed vista and everything is fine now

DiscoInferno is offline Banned User Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you, only need to turn off automatic updates,then ur problem is fixed

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes, but if i only did that then i could not update my windows agiain...always when i tried to do that svchost.exe blocked hole computer so updating was inpossible :S

DiscoInferno is offline Banned User Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

u could always upate from microsoft.com.

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok
    but now i can update from http://update.microsoft.com/ and also with THE NOOB auto update

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast