(Essay) Logic Behind Dreams, told by the Bible

This is a discussion on (Essay) Logic Behind Dreams, told by the Bible within the General Chat board part of the General category; * Warning * This post may contain some religious references and information. If you are seriously opposed to all religion ...

Hallowsend is offline I wear short shorts

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(Essay) Logic Behind Dreams, told by the Act of Genesis

*Warning* This post may contain some religious references and information. If you are seriously opposed to all religion and believe not a word of the bible, this thread is not for you. ALSO, all of this is MY point of view, and my own opinions, mixed in with some proved fact. I am not in any way proving any beliefs, religious or non, correct or incorrect.

Words to know before reading:

Consciouness: I use this word as the mindset of decisioun making and the thought process.
    Lucid: I use this term to mean clarity or amount of consciousness.
    Genesis: the creation of all things, as told by the bible.

As some of you may know, the act of genesis in the bible is when god created all universe, all matter, from absolutely nothing. When this creating took place, God did not just create a single unit. God created everything in opposites. If you do not believe me, re-read genesis. God made life, death; heaven, hell; earth, space; day, night; and lets not forget the most famous of all, female, male. As all of you are reading this right now, you probably consider yourself, "conscious." If you are on the same page as me, you are probably think, "Where is he going with this. The opposite of conscios is un-conscios, obviously." Well, it is not that simple as you are soon going to find out.

When you are un-conscous, as in sleeping; passing out; etc. you are in a certain level of your consciousness. When you just wake up from sleeping, you certainly would not call yourself conscious or un-conscious. Argueably, the level's of consciousness you are experiencing are the same throughout whichever of the aboved forms of "un-consciousness" you are in.

Although a common misconception, every single second you are sleeping you are in a dream. The vividness of the dream you are having, though, entirely depends on your level of consciousness. You will have a more vivid dream an hour and a half into sleeping than you would 10 minutes into it, for example. And you are still probably thinking where I am going with this.

What I just stated above about dreaming, depends on both consciousness and un-consciousness. You cannot fully dream while consciouness, and you cannot live your waking life while un-consciouness. This is where genesis comes in. Like day and night and femals and males, consciouness and un-consciouness are full opposites.

When you are sleeping, you do not have full memory of your waking life, and while in your waking life, you have very little memory of your dream life. The reason for this? Opposites. Your dream world is just as true and real as your waking world is. It has no structure, plainly because your waking life does. Some dreams make no sense to you, mainly because your waking life does. What you might be getting into now, is dream deciphering. Dream deciphering is also in the bible. Pharoahs had their dreams deciphered to see what might happen in their future. Although it is not possible for someone in the waking world to discover what will happen to them next because of an event in the dream world, it, in theory, should be just as easy to decipher what is going to happen next in your waking world if someone in your dream world deciphers it for you.

If you watch TV for 12 hours all day one day on the exact same show, or read a huge book all day, you will unavoidably have dreams about that book. Why? Because what you do in your waking life affects your dream life. If you had a dream about watching the same TV show all day, chances are you would watch the same show all day in the waking world. Not the exact same show, but the same kind of show with a varied plot and things. If you need proof why this last statement is true, ask yourself questions. When you have dreams about the previous day or two, they are not just exact replicas of the previous days. They are always altered in some way or form.

Emotions are no doubtedly part of the genesis story as well. If you felt happy all day, with no sadness what-so-ever, you would have a sad dream with no happieness what-so-ever, usually telling a tale similar to what happened in your happy way, but altered by your mind to spark opposite emotions. This is my theory of nightmares. When you watch a scary movie, or a thriller, you are usually anxious, with no primal fear instict whatsoever. In a nightmare, your body uses what the opposite of being anxious is, which in this case primal fear is. In you were truly scared by something, you would avoided it at all costs. If you were anxious about something, you want want to get rid of the fear. You would have your witts about you, ready to confront and take on what was happening. You have no witts if you are truly scared. You know precisely what I mean if your house has ever been broken into, and you are awake at the time.

Also tre about this is your perception of time, and which emotions should go off. Being in a dream, you have no perception of time whatsoever. 1 second feels like 100 years, and vice versa. This is why the length of a dream is not limited to the amount of time alotted for sleep. Also in a dream, you may not know just what emotions go where. Like coloring in a color-by-number book when you couldn't count or identify colors, yoou need to guess which emotions to use for certain types of scenarios. Usually, if not always, the guessed emotion is the opposite of the one you would feel in your waking life in the very same scenario.

And now, for the climax / falling action of my essay. When you are awake, do you ever feel out of it sometimes? Like things are happening, but not at your control? When in a normal state of sleep, you have no control whatsoever over what is happening inside your dream. This is most probably where the term, "un-conscious" came from. Having no control. But, as some of you may hear from certain internet sites, there is a state of dream where you DO have control. Not a set amount, but sometimes it happens. About as often as your "out of it" moments in the waking world. These dreams are called "lucid dreams" where you feel aware of your waking life activities and are of the same consciouness in a dream. If you know what im saying, then you might be a little freaked out at this point. Yep, what I am saying, is you have 2 consciouness. 2 decision making members of your brain. 2 different sets of thoughts, smarts, etc.

Now, for the real catcher. In the waking world you might be in now... would you say you have complete control of it? That you have the power to do ANYTHING you want? Well, read up on lucid dreams a bit. In a lucid dream, you can do anything, with the right amount of willpower. Fly, breath fire, have super powers, etc. This could in return mean that you, if the right amount of willpower excercised can effectively control this world, too. Or at least your, "other" consciouness could. Pretty eery, eh?

I hope that you enjoyed reading my wall of text, and if you have any suggestions, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Hallowsend

P.S. Do NOT Copy + paste this ANYWHERE without asking me. That goes for you, too, people reading this without accounts. Make one and PM me or MSN me at [email protected].

Last edited by Hallowsend; 12-06-2008 at 03:03 PM.

hendricius is offline Administrator

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks nice, still I you did not use the bible to explain how dreams work. You talked about dreams, how they happen, when they happen etc., but not what they have to do with the bible .

Would be interested in knowing tough :-).
    You suck. Suck a little less and become a fan on Facebook.

"D3scene pwns" - Hendrik (PIRATE)

Hallowsend is offline I wear short shorts

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used the act of genesis to explain why I believe dreams hapen and what they are

But your right. Its really just one book of the bible, not the whole thing. I should probably specify in the title "Book of Genesis". And its not even the entire book of genesis, just the creation O_o
    Last edited by Hallowsend; 12-06-2008 at 03:03 PM.

defiance12 is offline Wannabe Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice essay

Nuxuxo is offline Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very interesting! thanks for sharing

Hehe anyone can help me make a better signature?