Five Reasons why Vista beats Mac OS X

This is a discussion on Five Reasons why Vista beats Mac OS X within the General Chat board part of the General category; The conventional wisdom, that Mac's OS X is superior to Windows Vista, is flat-out wrong. In fact, despite much belief ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BlackCrystal is offline Addict
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Five Reasons why Vista beats Mac OS X

The conventional wisdom, that Mac's OS X is superior to Windows Vista, is flat-out wrong. In fact, despite much belief to the contrary, Vista is a superior operating system. Here are five reasons why.
    Reason #1: Vista runs more software
    Mac OS X is a very pretty operating system, but beauty runs only skin deep. An operating system by itself is a poor thing -- it's the applications that run on top of it that matter. And here's where Mac OS X falls short. It can't run much common software, including enterprise applications and games.
    Virtualization software like Parallels Desktop for Mac won't solve the problem. Parallels can't run even the most basic Vista games such as FreeCell, Hearts, Pinball, Solitaire and Minesweeper, because it doesn't support DirectX 9. And virtualization software creates big problems for enterprises with regard to volume licensing, technical support, creating standard enterprisewide images and so on. So it's no good for running enterprise applications either. Vista beats OS X here, hands down.
    Reason #2: Vista is safer
    As I've written before, Vista is a more secure operating system than Mac OS X. Mac OS X was easier to crack in a recent hacking contest. And security researcher Dino Dai Zovi had this to say about Vista versus Mac OS X when it comes to security:
    I have found the code quality, at least in terms of security, to be much better overall in Vista than Mac OS X 10.4. It is obvious from observing affected components in security patches that Microsoft's Security Development Lifecycle (SDL) has resulted in fewer vulnerabilities in newly-written code.
    Reason #3: It's the money, stupid
    If you're got a lot of extra spare cash laying around that you don't care about, then by all means, buy a Mac. But if, like most of the world, you've got to work for a living, then you'll find that a Vista machine is far less expensive than a Mac.
    Reason #4: The Mac is closed; Vista is open
    Any person or company who wants to build a PC with Vista on it, and either sell it, or use it themselves, is perfectly free to do so, as long as they buy the operating system. Try to do that with a Mac, and you'll be spending some face time with Apple's attack dog lawyers.
    Reason #5: Two words -- Steve Jobs
    There's no doubt that Steve Jobs is a master marketer. And he also knows good design. But he's also vindictive, sends his lawyers after people who report leaked information about Apple products, and has hypnotized Apple users into drinking the true-believer Kool Aid. Don't reward him by making him richer.

Source: Five reasons why Vista beats Mac OS X - Computerworld Blogs ( Gralla, Preston. )

Kevin is offline guy

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay. First of all I disagree with the first one. We have tons of software, and we can easily install bootcamp which allows us to run XP or Mac at the startup menu, which features the same amount of programs as the mac OS X. No matter how much software there is, I don't think you can beat 2 vs. 1.

The 2nd one is untrue. You can easily get hacked using Vista or mac. + most virus containing files aren't for mac.

3rd one. Yes, your right, it does cost a load of money, but the fact is, is that there's a new laptop out which is quite cheap for Mac, plus just looks awesome.

4th one. Yes it's true, but who said you had to abide the rules ? Personally, if you can build a PC with vista on it, I think you can think up of an excuse to get past the law.

Steve jobs has more money that he needs. How about we just give him more so he chokes on it?

Sorry to say mate, Macs going out front and windows is going out the back.

(BTW I forgot to mention that Vista has all sorts of gay bugs with games/hacks/programs, mac does too. but BootCamp can easily solve this)

BlackCrystal is offline Addict
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're never going to know that for sure until it actually happens. For now, Windows > Mac. :]

PSU
    PSU is offline Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Linux > Mac > Windows btw, The only stable version of windows at all is WIN2K hell atleast mac's stable just made for media and not gaming.
    return SharedBuffer->noBreakCode;

risker is offline Banned User Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Okay. First of all I disagree with the first one. We have tons of software, and we can easily install bootcamp which allows us to run XP or Mac at the startup menu, which features the same amount of programs as the mac OS X. No matter how much software there is, I don't think you can beat 2 vs. 1.

The 2nd one is untrue. You can easily get hacked using Vista or mac. + most virus containing files aren't for mac.

3rd one. Yes, your right, it does cost a load of money, but the fact is, is that there's a new laptop out which is quite cheap for Mac, plus just looks awesome.

4th one. Yes it's true, but who said you had to abide the rules ? Personally, if you can build a PC with vista on it, I think you can think up of an excuse to get past the law.

Steve jobs has more money that he needs. How about we just give him more so he chokes on it?

Sorry to say mate, Macs going out front and windows is going out the back.

(BTW I forgot to mention that Vista has all sorts of gay bugs with games/hacks/programs, mac does too. but BootCamp can easily solve this)
    Bootcamp yes..

We are talking about mac not programs to help mac from being a piece of shit.
    We can easily fix all those errors and bugs with patchs on vista?

So in the end if we're gonna add programs and what not vista/windows wins.

PSU
    PSU is offline Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You cant fix the errors and bugs on vista to be honest they have alot of things fucked up within the source, and i doubt you will because theres still errors from winXP and NT showing up in vista but alot more frequently not including there so called SECURITY SYSTEM OF APPROVING EVERYTHING, not including how much space and ram is required to even run it smoothly it gets old, win7 isn't much better but its better then vista, None of you should be able to deny the fact linuxos > all other.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Linux is alright...

But when it comes to bugs and compatibility well.... Thats why linux creators don't have billions..
    Linux is open source such to say and they usually only work on stuff if reported..

Windows staff usually find the bugs them self and man i've used vista for over a year and have only encounted one serious bug and thats fixable with 3seconds of a person with the tiniest bit of common sense.

People that bitch about vista are just honestly stupid and don't understand something or just don't know how to fix a minor bug for them self -.-

I could completly open up my vista and edit everything to do with it..
    I'd rather be able to do that then just being told i can't do anything..

PSU
    PSU is offline Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by risker View Post
    Linux is alright...

But when it comes to bugs and compatibility well.... Thats why linux creators don't have billions..
    Linux is open source such to say and they usually only work on stuff if reported..

Windows staff usually find the bugs them self and man i've used vista for over a year and have only encounted one serious bug and thats fixable with 3seconds of a person with the tiniest bit of common sense.

People that bitch about vista are just honestly stupid and don't understand something or just don't know how to fix a minor bug for them self -.-

I could completly open up my vista and edit everything to do with it..
    I'd rather be able to do that then just being told i can't do anything..
    Linux is alright? Lets put it this way a crapload of developers take more time to fix things then windows thats why there are best windows does not fix peoples problems at all, and no try running certain games or developer tools on vista and you will get crashes/bluescreens, or they are unable to run even under administration etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PSU View Post
    Linux is alright? Lets put it this way a crapload of developers take more time to fix things then windows thats why there are best windows does not fix peoples problems at all, and no try running certain games or developer tools on vista and you will get crashes/bluescreens, or they are unable to run even under administration etc.
    In the earlier versions of vista those bugs accured.. ;/
    Latest vista they do not.. or simply download one or two unofficial patchs and bang they work

Vista = Common sense = Best OS
    Linux = Piece Of Shit That Looks "Pro" = Buggy/Faulty/Uncompatiable/Wannabe OS
    Mac = Meh.. = Meh..

PSU
    PSU is offline Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No i had all the patches vista is not the best OS, and its very sad you think that just kinda tells me you're new.
    Linux shitty? How is linux shitty you have no valid proof or reasoning, Linux is stable and not buggy at all, Hell if you want ill install vista on a partition do a video of getting all the updates etc to show you, You're making this into an argument because you seem you want to be right instead of actually checking the facts and know what you're saying.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast