QUIT SMOKING! (again)

This is a discussion on QUIT SMOKING! (again) within the General Chat board part of the General category; ITS IS KILLING ME! :S I am getting desperate DX Well I go to the store and drown my "hunger" ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Malish is offline YAH

Array
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    ITS IS KILLING ME! :S I am getting desperate DX

Well I go to the store and drown my "hunger" in snacks
    " [28-09, 00:51] Matt: I use wire brushes on my grill, she likes it."

Bluebunny is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking STop smoking ??? mmmmmm

Yea i have stoped smoking... normal cigg's ... it lasted like 1 day.. so i said to my self smoking is bad for you so get somthing els to do SO i started smoking Gras Green green gras it works for me keeps me healty

risker is offline Banned User Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebunny View Post
    Yea i have stoped smoking... normal cigg's ... it lasted like 1 day.. so i said to my self smoking is bad for you so get somthing els to do SO i started smoking Gras Green green gras it works for me keeps me healty
    "gras green"..?

Sifex is offline SyN
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glupus, I have not been through the process, and i never plan to, I try not to give into peer pressure.

I have done some research, and I jotted in my brain that, quitting suddenly can be really hard, giving 1/2 up each day, seems to be a good approach,

Here are ten tips, that i got off the internet that might help you.

Quitting is different for everyone, so find an approach that will work for you. This may be either the cold turkey approach (stopping suddenly and totally) or a more gradual reduction in the number of cigarettes you smoke each day. Set a date to quit — and stick to it. Make it sooner rather than later. If you are quitting by yourself, it is recommended that you stop smoking completely on your quit date.
    Tip 2

Get as much support as you can from family, friends and work colleagues. Let them know you are planning to quit, and ask smokers not to smoke around you or offer you cigarettes. Quitting with a friend can also be an excellent idea — you can share your feelings and encourage each other.
    Tip 3

Throw out all cigarettes, ashtrays and lighters and anything else that might remind you of smoking. Wash your clothes and clean your car to remove the smell of smoke.
    Tip 4

Nicotine replacement therapy, such as nicotine patches or chewing gum, could be a good idea for those who smoke heavily or who feel they may need the extra help. There are also medicines available on prescription, such as varenicline (brand name Champix) and bupropion (brand name Zyban) that can help you quit by reducing withdrawal symptoms and the urge to smoke. Talk to your doctor about what would be best for you.
    Tip 5

Plan ahead for situations in which you are likely to be tempted to smoke, such as parties, drinking or going out for coffee. Try to avoid these situations in the early stages of your quitting programme, or try sitting in the non-smoking section at restaurants, drinking your coffee standing up or with the other hand, or keeping something in your hand when you're talking on the phone.
    Tip 6

Write down all the reasons that made you decide to quit smoking, and carry them with you in case you need reminding!
    Tip 7

Keep the following 4 Ds in mind when you have a craving.

• Delay: remember that the worst cravings last for only a few minutes and will become even less frequent the longer you have quit.
    • Deep breathe: this should help you relax and focus your mind on something else.
    • Drink water: it is a good idea to drink plenty of fluids to help flush the nicotine and other toxins out of your system.
    • Do something else: you could go for a walk, to the movies or visit a supportive friend. Try eating an apple or cleaning your teeth when you would normally have a cigarette. You could hold something else, such as a pen or beads, to replace the need to hold a cigarette, or chew some gum or eat or drink a healthy snack to have something other than a cigarette in your mouth.

Tip 8

If you drink a lot of coffee, you may also want to cut down on your coffee intake as you will retain more caffeine when there is no nicotine in your system. Feeling jittery will not help your plan to quit. It may also be best to avoid alcohol as many people find it hard to resist smoking when they drink.
    Tip 9

If you find you are losing motivation to quit, remind yourself of the many medical and financial benefits of quitting! For example, did you know that 12 months after quitting, your risk of heart disease is reduced to nearly half that of a smoker's? Remember the results of the myDr smoking cost calculator to help keep you motivated.
    Tip 10

Telephone the National Tobacco Campaign's Quitline on 131 848 for more advice and assistance to quit smoking.

Malish is offline YAH

Array
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    TY! I knew alot of this but it helps to read it again^^
    " [28-09, 00:51] Matt: I use wire brushes on my grill, she likes it."

Bluebunny is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Green = Weed my friend

Reinn is offline Multi-qouter

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are going to make it.

I know what You & I can do in the meantime if you are bored.

I actually though of writing a movie-story, that we could sell to Universal or Dreamworks, or whatever xD!

We could make a lot of money!
    // Reinn

beebee is offline Mentor
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seriously, try running in the morning or any time of the day and feel why you wanna quit smoking. Try running everyday instead of smoking. You'll feel good when you get to feel you don't get tired like you used to be.
    It's been awhile

Kevin is offline guy

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebunny View Post
    Green = Weed my friend
    Are you a fucking retard?

Marijuana isn't healthy for you =/ It is actually about 50 times worse than cigs. You know how they say each cig takes a minute off your life? well for weed, it takes off a week.

Leamuran is offline Addict
    Array
    Denmark. 2hours and 15minutes away from Marc.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great Glupus, good idea quiting those cigs..

Your semen will get better, and your kids, whenever your going to have that, will be more healthy aswell..
    Not only do you cause yourself big damage with smoking, but also, your kids will have less changeof getting Astma, annoying breathingproblems, Heartproblems, lungproblems.
    Well im not a doctor, but my dad turns on one cig with the other, and my grandmom on my dads side died of smoking.
    You will also get more pretty with a cleaner skin.

There is no reason to smoke!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast