Most Life-Changing Object

This is a discussion on Most Life-Changing Object within the General Chat board part of the General category; What, in this world, has changed your life the most? (Don't give cheesy answers, nobody wants to hear about your ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hallowsend is offline I wear short shorts

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most Life-Changing Object

What, in this world, has changed your life the most? (Don't give cheesy answers, nobody wants to hear about your courageous puppy named Daffodil .) I would have to go with a song or two.

Imagine, John Lennon
    Give Peace a Chance, Plastic Ono Band

Malish is offline YAH

Array
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think what have changed my the most would be when my father nearly died.
    I was around 6 years when he was out hunting in the mountains, he had a good hunt with his belt filled with birds and wild rabbits. Then he saw another big bird and aimed for it, he killed it with one shot. But the bird felt down an deep "valley" and he climbed after it.. and he fell (I wanna add "ed" here for some reason) when he was like halv the way down. He shattered his foot and arm, broke all ribbons on one side, took a lung and got something serius on the cranium.
    Its pure luck that another hunter found him after 10 minutes (He heard the shot) and called up the SeaKing fast, but it was critical. After 7-8 months on the hospitale he recovered, and finaly came home.

Why this changed me? We was farmers, we couldnt do anything else than keeping the farm running. And with my dad gone that meaned lots of hard work on me. I changed alot on that time. I fast learned responsabillety (< typo there I know), and to enjoy what I had to do.
    I now cant sit around to nothing for an longer time (I go crazy) I have to do something usefull at all times. My mother had also just gave birth to my first brother just before this, so I also had to take care of him alot.

This is something that I know 100% that have changed my life in many ways.
    Glupus
    Last edited by Malish; 02-09-2009 at 07:05 PM.
    " [28-09, 00:51] Matt: I use wire brushes on my grill, she likes it."

Leamuran is offline Addict
    Array
    Denmark. 2hours and 15minutes away from Marc.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My alcoholaddictet "friend" is indeeded changing my life these day, in the wrong direction. Making me less tolerant and pissed as hell.

AND Marc of course! <3 .. If ididnt have him, i would properbly not live right now o.o'' ..

Leamuran is offline Addict
    Array
    Denmark. 2hours and 15minutes away from Marc.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Glupus View Post
    I was around 6 years when he was out hunting in the mountains, he had a good hunt with his belt filled with birds and wild rabbits. Then he saw another big bird and aimed for it, he killed it with one shot. But the bird felt down an deep "valley" and he climbed after it.. and he fall (I wanna add "ed" here for some reason) when he was like halv the way down. He shattered his foot and arm, broke all ribbons on one side, took a lung and got something serius on the cranium.
    Its pure luck that another hunter found him after 10 minutes (He heard the shot) and called up the SeaKing fast, but it was critical. After 7-8 months on the hospitale he recovered, and finaly came home.

Why this changed me? We was farmers, we couldnt do anything else than keeping the farm running. And with my dad gone that meaned lots of hard work on me. I changed alot on that time. I fast learned responsabillety (< typo there I know), and to enjoy what I had to do.
    I now cant sit around to nothing for an longer time (I go crazy) I have to do something usefull at all times. My mother had also just gave birth to my first brother just before this, so I also had to take care of him alot.

Glupus
    Oh Glupus, cant imaging how hard it must have been for you. Im glad you dad made it!

and he fall (I wanna add "ed" here for some reason) Its called "and he felt" i think..

Sarinha is offline *The only Miss D3Scene*
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hendrik changed my life a lot. He isnt an object but still, he influenced me in a good way...

and objects...hm....my drivers license, my Ipod, my mobile phone and my 10-years-old teddy bear Things I couldnt live without !

Reinn is offline Multi-qouter

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leamuran View Post
    Oh Glupus, cant imaging how hard it must have been for you. Im glad you dad made it!

and he fall (I wanna add "ed" here for some reason) Its called "and he felt" i think..
    felt = You felt (F°lte) something for someone. Fell is the word you are both searching after - Too fall long time ago - "He fell down from the tree"

Quote Originally Posted by Glupus View Post
    I was around 6 years when he was out hunting in the mountains, he had a good hunt with his belt filled with birds and wild rabbits. Then he saw another big bird and aimed for it, he killed it with one shot. But the bird felt down an deep "valley" and he climbed after it.. and he fall (I wanna add "ed" here for some reason) when he was like halv the way down. He shattered his foot and arm, broke all ribbons on one side, took a lung and got something serius on the cranium.

Glupus
    I imagine how that must have been like ^^.

The thing that changed my life most, is probably, when my parents split up, my mom went to Denmark, and I stayed at my Grandmothers, and my Uncles house. (My uncle is handicaped, (One of his hands is infuctional)).

I helped them a lot, etc. and that changed me too.

The thing about my mom moving to Denmark also changed a lot, I am glad she did.

If she didn't, I would never have joined D3 for example, I wouldn't have a mobile phone, things aren't that way in Poland, you barely have money for food... And only adults have Mobile phones, or else you get a crappy Motorola one.

I'm very happy I moved to Denmark, and that has changed my life a lot too - You have more money here, you can buy more stuff, people are different, more friendly here - Although I still enjoy going back to Poland.

-Jan.
    // Reinn

Serverman is offline Paranoia!

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The most life changing object for me musta been when my cousin was sick, and the doctors told us it was cancer... They said he had a slim chance of survival... But then after some time (one or two months i think) They finally found out that it was a infection in some gland down in his stomach, after that, i've been enjoying life, thinking about how short it is

Its a pretty slim line between two thing actually (for some reason i wanted to write akshuly XD) The one above, and when the same guy almost got killed in a traffic accident He had a crappy car, wich he bought off some old lady, and when he was driving home from a stay here in Oslo with me and my other cousin he came over the top of a hill, going at about 100km/h (that is the speed limit ^^) and there was a car long way down the road.. So since it was starting to become winter, he thought he should gently brake down, but as he hit the brakes, the car started going out to the right, making him go out of the road, into a tree, flip once, then land on his wheels... Luckily he wore a seatbelt, and the rear end took most of the impact, (since it turned around when he braked) So he survived just fine. But we didnt hear from him in like a month because he was in the military, sowe were all scared shitless... All we knew was that his car was just rubbish and his father wanted new winter tires for the other car I think his father is so mean :/ But that aint the point... The point is that life is short, and lately i've been given many confirmations on that point... After theese accidents i've started to live my life, and as a good friend said: Du har blitt en skikkelig kjekkas i det siste Somebody translate that XD
    My car is not leaking oil?
    Its marking its territory!

Malish is offline YAH

Array
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Serverman View Post
    Du har blitt en skikkelig kjekkas i det siste Somebody translate that XD
    HELL NO! That can mean alot like: Sexy beast, retard and that you are flying to high (it also may mean that you are a nice person)

It may be a little wrong from my sight since I am not used to so much *cough*citylanguage*cough*
    " [28-09, 00:51] Matt: I use wire brushes on my grill, she likes it."

beebee is offline Mentor
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moving out from your house and living alone will change you alot.
    It's been awhile

Serverman is offline Paranoia!

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes beebee i believe so too
    And glupus, she meant i had turned into a nice person
    My car is not leaking oil?
    Its marking its territory!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast