Swine flu: It's back.

This is a discussion on Swine flu: It's back. within the General Chat board part of the General category; I basically posted this to inform you people about the new outbreak of swine flu, basically bird flu except it ...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Kevin is offline guy

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Swine flu: It's back.

I basically posted this to inform you people about the new outbreak of swine flu, basically bird flu except it is carried by pigs and it is mostly in mexico.

Here is a google map with all the cases around the world: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&t=p&msa=0&msid=106484775090296685 271.0004681a37b713f6b5950&ll=32.639375,-110.390625&spn=15.738151,25.488281&z=5

The same thing happened it 1988, but it was much less serious, but now it's gotten all the much more serious. Go on news sites to get more information.
    Last edited by Kevin; 04-28-2009 at 03:06 PM.

Serverman is offline Paranoia!

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I cant belive you post this XD You remember the bird flu? The one who should get pandemic and fuck all our birdmeat? What happened to it? This is just media trying to scare us once again
    My car is not leaking oil?
    Its marking its territory!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Serverman For This Useful Post:

Volund is offline Banned

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Serverman View Post
    I cant belive you post this XD You remember the bird flu? The one who should get pandemic and fuck all our birdmeat? What happened to it? This is just media trying to scare us once again
    There are currently 8 NYC students in the hospital, there are over 40 confirmed cases in the US, and more than half of Mexico's 32 states have clinical cases.

It is a definite problem in areas where there are outbreaks, but it isn't really as large an issue as the national media is making it out to be at this time.

Hallowsend is offline I wear short shorts

Array
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wbztv]
    [B]Swine Flu - What You Need To Know[/B]

[B]Join The Conversation: [URL="http://cbslocalblogs.prospero.com/n/blogs/blog.aspx?nav=main&webtag=wbz_morning&entry=648
    Conversation Nation[/URL][/B]

Reporting
    Mallika Marshall, MD
    BOSTON (WBZ) ―
    Click to enlarge A couple kisses at the Historic Center, in Mexico City, on April 25, 2009. Alfredo Estrella/AFP/Getty Images
    1 of 1

Close

numSlides of totalImages

Poll

Are You Worried About The Swine Flu?

Related Links

Massachusetts health officials said Monday there have been no confirmed cases of the swine flu here yet, but they do expect it to show up soon.

"We're advising health care providers to evaluate flu-like illness with the swine flu in mind," said Dr. Al Demaria of the Mass. Dept. of Public Health.

HOW DO I PROTECT MYSELF?

The best way to prevent the spread of swine flu is to wash your hands often, cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze, and stay home if you have any flu-like symptoms.

IS THERE ANYWAY TO DIFFERENTIATE BETWEEN THE SWINE FLU AND THE REGULAR FLU?

The symptoms are similar: fever, aches and pains, cough and respiratory symptoms.

One thing to keep in mind is that we're seeing fewer cases of the traditional flu now, so if you develop those flu-like symptoms, it certainly could be swine.

HOW IMPORTANT IS IT TO GET TO THE DOCTOR QUICKLY ONCE YOU HAVE SYMPTOMS?

If you have body aches and fever, it's worth a trip to your doctor, not only to be tested as soon as possible, but also to make sure you're not developing complications like pneumonia.

Officials believe many people died in Mexico because they did not seek treatment soon enough. The virus is suspected in up to 149 deaths there.

Read: Questions, Answers About Swine Flu

Read: CDC Emergency Updates On Twitter

WHAT ABOUT A VACCINE?

There is no vaccine available to prevent the new swine flu.

However, there are antiflu drugs that do work once someone is sick.

Dr. Richard Besser, the acting head of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Monday the government is still deciding whether to order that a swine flu vaccine be produced.

Besser said it's not an easy decision, because vaccine manufacture takes a long time and would interrupt ongoing work to create next winter's regular flu shot.

But if a vaccine eventually is ordered, the CDC already has taken a key preliminary step -- creating what's called seed stock of the virus that manufacturers would use.

Although the United States has declared a health emergency to deal with this outbreak, officials say it's not time to panic.
    Sounds pretty serious to me O_o Nobody in the south shore of MA has been confirmed to have it yet (thank god?) Well, we'll just see what happens. Maybe itll escalate until everybody who catches it turns into zombies and it will reach its climax in 2012 and a select few of us will fight a war with zombies from our solid steel basements? Who knows.

Lol,
    Hallosend

P.S. Sarcasm.
    Last edited by Hallowsend; 04-27-2009 at 08:45 PM.

Serverman is offline Paranoia!

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for that last message, i realize that it was very unclear now The point is that its PROBABLY not going to spread to a pandemic outbreak like some of the media wants us to believe Actually i didnt know about the US cases
    But mexico is like... Ahem.. yeah.. XD lets not say something stupid about mexice
    Joke XD
    My car is not leaking oil?
    Its marking its territory!

Malish is offline YAH

Array
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Server, it stroke Norway today -.- Some guys on vacation in Mexico brought it home. I think this will kill many many people until they find a way to stop it. After what I figured out by the web, isnt it anything that works against it yet. We just have to wait and see.

And Server you know why the bird flu didnt come as faar north? The birds that was infected died on their way over the sea. (<< WHat I managed to find out lol xD)
    " [28-09, 00:51] Matt: I use wire brushes on my grill, she likes it."

dog_keeper is offline Teh Sexy One.
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard about it in the newspaper. didn't know how serious it was lol
    http://i34.tinypic.com/2j1o715.jpg
    By eZ]aCx of D3Scene.com

TradeMark99 is offline Advanced Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    o.O, i dint noe it happened before in 1988. And this swine flu is getting serious!
    Worse than S.A.R.S. perhaps?

Kevin is offline guy

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Much worse than SARS. 5 people who came back from Mexico have swine flu and are now in quarantine.

You can lessen the chances of catching it by sneezing into your arm, washing your hands frequently and not getting to much body contact.

If it is serious in your locality, then wear a surgical mask and seek medical attention if you are sick, and don't forgot to stock up on Tamiflu, it helps fight against the virus and lowers the chances of passing it on to someone else.

And I will say something about mexicans. Now california is getting raped because those blood mechikos are immigrating thinking that they'll be safer out of the border, yet they're just giving it to more people. I mean sure they're people too but sometimes these people are fucking stupid. (I'm sorry to all offense I have given, but if a global pandemic is caused by dickheaded illegal immigrants then I think I have the right to be pissed.

Malish is offline YAH

Array
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Too bad Kevin Lucky for us here in Norway, it wasnt the swine flu *puh*
    " [28-09, 00:51] Matt: I use wire brushes on my grill, she likes it."

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast