How to Drink Beer?

This is a discussion on How to Drink Beer? within the General Chat board part of the General category; There are many common misconceptions as to how beer should be stored, poured and drunk. These are some general guidelines ...

AlexanderTheGreat is offline Enter user title here.
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile How to Drink Beer?

There are many common misconceptions as to how beer should be stored, poured and drunk. These are some general guidelines to help you get the most pleasurable beer drinking experience.

Store the beer in a cool place. Beer should always be stored in a fridge. Preferable temperature 45-55°F(about 10-15 degrees warmer than most fridges). Lower temperatures may add to refreshment, but it lowers the perception of flavor and aroma—numbing the tongue. Allowing a beer to warm up a little will go a long way to releasing the flavors locked inside. Bottles should be stored upright and when removed, should not be tilted. Agitation of the bottle may stir up settled yeast in some bottle conditioned beers and produce off flavors. If a fridge is not available or space is limited, a cool dark place is next best. Do not store outside even if it is cooler as bottles may explode.

Use a cold glass.
    If desired Beer can be served in a chilled glass, as ice will dilute the flavor. It is preferable that the glass be stored in the same fridge as the beer, never place your drinking glasses in a freezer as this could cause ice to form when poured. The fridge should be free of any open food containers that may deposit flavors. i.e. garlic, onions, etc.

Choose the right glass. Thick walled mugs or tall Pilsener type glasses are ideal. These come in a variety of shaped and sizes. Plastic is all right in a pinch, but only if it is a brand new cup. Plastics can transfer flavors from previous contents or impart a distasteful plastic flavor.

Use a clean glass. Your drinking glass should be cleaned or changed with each beer. Cleaning requires only a small squirt of dish soap in the glass and then to run glass through cold water till no suds appear. Do not towel out the inside. You shouldn't use your beer glasses for anything else than beer.

Pour correctly. Contrary to frat house rules, head is important on a beer. Pour your beer straight into the glass, leaving the bottom 1/4 inch of beer in the bottle. When you pour, do it from high above the glass to get maximum head. But, it should be a steady stream with minimal gurgling inside the bottle.

Let the head settle. Don't attempt to dissipate the head by adding anything to the beer, namely, salt, oil from the side of your nose etc., as this will make the beer go flat almost instantly.

Drink and Enjoy. When your done drinking, go back to step 1 and enjoy another. But don't go overboard and drink way too many.

Credits: WikiHow, Me and Glupus

Last edited by AlexanderTheGreat; 09-11-2009 at 06:15 PM.
    Let's eat Grandpa! - Let's eat, Grandpa!
    Punctuation, it saves lives.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AlexanderTheGreat For This Useful Post:

Malish is offline YAH

Array
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    (Y), and btw you shouldnt use your beer glasses for anything else than beer. If you have milk in it ONCE the glass would be useless to drink beer in. No matter how many times or how good you clean it, the milk will set its taste there. (Google and see me right xD)

I am not sure if these post are... w/E beer for eva!
    " [28-09, 00:51] Matt: I use wire brushes on my grill, she likes it."

AlexanderTheGreat is offline Enter user title here.
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll add that
    Let's eat Grandpa! - Let's eat, Grandpa!
    Punctuation, it saves lives.

Kevin is offline guy

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's my Step by Step guide of how to pour and drink beer.

1) Smash open the bottle. because we all know you don't have a bottle opener when you need one. After about 0.692 seconds, step quickly away from the bottle to make sure you clothes don't smell like beer when your parents are home since we all know you're under age.

Spill the beer while spilling it Because you're trying to act drunk because your so excited about having your first Bottle of beer. Forcefully tip the bottle at upside down and let the mixture of grain, herbs and fermented white shit mixed together fall blissfully right next to your glass. You'll probably only drink half of the beer because the rest was spilt.

3) Break the glass and spill it all over your clothes. After that, destroy your dignity by drinking the beer off the typhus infected ground. Sickness can't be that bad!

4) Chug to your hearts Delight always remember that your ultimate goal is x amount of beers. And x = one more beer. 10 liters is mild for you.

5)Go running for the toilet and piss your pants on the way there but don't notice it and wonder why you had to pee so badly yet only a couple drops came out.

That is the ultimate Kevin guide to this habit of mine.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kevin For This Useful Post: