Illogical drug policy and such madness..

This is a discussion on Illogical drug policy and such madness.. within the General Chat board part of the General category; Illogical drug policy and such madness. In a liberal society like the Norwegian, the use of cannabis will before or ...

Stikken is offline Wannabe Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Illogical drug policy and such madness..

Illogical drug policy and such madness.

In a liberal society like the Norwegian, the use of cannabis will before or since become legal. Why? Because free people will demand better and better arguments for the laws that restrict their freedom.

Our society is becoming more and more liberal. It is the natural evolution. Do not liberal as in freedom to take less respect, but liberal in the true sense: the freedom to do as you please as long as one does not harm others. It is the natural development because it is rational. It is rational to seek freedom and it is rational to require good arguments for our laws. For a free, young people in Norway there is no hint of rationality in that cannabis is illegal and alcohol is legal, it is a logical flaw in the Norwegian laws.

It is irrational that the police are using precious resources to pursue large amounts of people who probably are less harmful than drinking alcohol, while serious crime is increasing and the prisons are full.

It is irrational that the police use their resources to hunt dealers who earn big money for that cannabis is prohibited.

It is irrational that the community criminalizes most of them younger population in this city for a trifle, and force them to seek criminal groups to gain something that they see as relatively harmless.

It is disturbing to grow up in a society with a police force that is so psychopathic that the break in and arrest people who choose to sit in peace and quiet to smoke cannabis rather than stagger around drunk in the streets. And if we ignore arguments based on fear and prejudice, as a liberal society should look too good to accept, is no good argument for continued prohibition.

Because free people seeking rational arguments for every freedom restriction, is the legalization of cannabis, sooner or later inevitable. Why wait? In order to maintain young people's respect for the law should ban be logical, and it requires legalization now, not in ten years.

Discuss!!
    Last edited by Stikken; 12-18-2009 at 11:33 PM.

Never regret something that made you smile!

Malish is offline YAH

Array
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I brew. Does it look like I care about the damn laws about such stuff? o.o
    " [28-09, 00:51] Matt: I use wire brushes on my grill, she likes it."

Kevin is offline guy

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I was 14, A police man stopped me with 5 bottles of rum in my bag. He just emptied them out into a river and was like "k dont do that its bad for you" and then winked at me. Lawl.

Also got caught by some bitchy black chick policewoman who asked for my name because I was smoking some pot but nothing ever happened.

Switzerland: No ones gives a FUCK.

Bacardi is offline Mentor
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here in the United States, a drugs' legality is based on it's uses for medical purpose. So in other words, a schedule 1 drug has NO medical uses, schedule 2 has very few, etc.

Cannabis is the most used illegal drug for "medical purposes" and is still considered a schedule 1. What kinda bullshit is that?
    ~Regards.