Video games could affect the way kids do school work

This is a discussion on Video games could affect the way kids do school work within the General Chat board part of the General category; I don't agree that gaming screws up with kids’ school works. Only exceptional cases turn out to be zero in ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    razathru is offline The not so evul DOC!

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't agree that gaming screws up with kids’ school works. Only exceptional cases turn out to be zero in school life too. Someone here had said that there are kids who are extreme gamers and also successful with school life as well. End of the day, it should depend on the kid's attitude towards gaming and studies. I guess if we should have a poll on this.

thunder915 is offline Advanced Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is one of those studies that give you true facts but dont explain everything. when you play a puzzle game it causes your brain to enter a anthelitical(didnt know how to spell it spelled it how it sounds) state. meaning you can break things down and makes it easier to solve. where fast paced games make your brain enter a reflex state. this makes your brain send blood to other parts of your body for the fight or flight instinct humans have.

its not as important as they make it sound because its short term. so when you play a fast paced game before homework it have an affect but unless you play fast paced videos before class its not going to have an affect because its not permanent.

InkHorn is offline Mentor
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is bullshit! I practically learned all my English from games and television!

Flying Panda is offline Premium Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah,I did so too.Remember,back when I was a kid,I actually sat infront of the TV forever,learned english and most of my german.Gaming sure affects your studying,but if your sanity is in the borders of normal,you should be fine.
    Sure,you can't go play HoN/WoW 3 hours then go study for maths test.I'd be thinkin how hard I pwned somebody.It's mostly people without social lives having those troubles,as they are inside their houses the whole day,and they get bored.I'm not acting smart,my brother had gone to a therapy to get off addictive games,because he was sitting for like 6 hours a day,playing games,studying as much but didn't get any results,so yeah it does affect it,but as I said,if you're sane normal,you should be fine.

fly113 is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just lol

Flying Panda is offline Premium Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well,I feel sorry for you,if you think that is ''just lol''.

Kaskame is offline d(-_-)b

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to say that I always played strategy games since my 6-7 years old ... (and still suck xD).... and tbh I was always good at school till 7th grade... since 8th grade to now my marks have been worse every year that passes XD... I had like B+ and A's at Maths and English now I have C and C- and I had a F at Maths >.> (I dont know howyou classify ur tests in your country but i tried to get +/- at your way to classify them )
    Woot

Stroh is offline Narf Narf

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaskame View Post
    tbh I was always good at school till 7th grade... since 8th grade to now my marks have been worse every year that passes XD... I had like B+ and A's at Maths and English now I have C and C- and I had a F at Maths >.> (I dont know howyou classify ur tests in your country but i tried to get +/- at your way to classify them )
    Yeap, same for me. I don't blame it on the Video games, I'm just too lazy to learn

Kaskame is offline d(-_-)b

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeh... It sucks .... im in class and after 10m im bored and started to play with a pencil or doing some sounds with pen in the table XD or justlisten to music and eat bubblegum XD
    Woot

Kevin is offline guy

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm really concerned about my concentration.

I feel that I have ADHD, And it's gotten to my core and is really starting to affect me. I've just started going to a psychiatrist to see how to help, and he's suggested having 2 hours of free time, then 2 hours of homework, with absolutely no distractions. It requires a lot of willpower, but I need it because my dream it to go to a USA Tier 1 USA university.

Other than that, Video games generally buzz your body, making your brain a whirlwind of how you owned/failed which can create anger and stress or immense joy of p0wning a n00b in a game.

Oh yeah and panda, what the FUCK is up with your avatar man?!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast