The Wheel of Time

This is a discussion on The Wheel of Time within the General Chat board part of the General category; I am currently reading the Wheel of Time series for the 5th time. I also got the new book The ...

Fistfulofirish is offline Wannabe Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Wheel of Time

I am currently reading the Wheel of Time series for the 5th time. I also got the new book The Gathering Storm signed and personalized by the new author Brandon Sanderson.

This series is currently 13 books 12 in the main series and 1 prequel. The original author died of a blood disease before he could finish book 12 which was going to be the final book. However his wife teamed up with Brandon Sanderson author of the "mistborn" 3 book series which is also AMAZING, and took on the last book. But he could not finish the story in just 1 book there was way to many storylines to close and to many unanswered questions. So there will be 3 more books, 1 was released in october last year, the 2nd one will be same time this year.

Universal bought rights to make movies so waiting to see what happens with that.

Anyone else into this series? or the mistborn series. If you are not or have never heard of it look it up on wiki and read all the stuff on the page.

ITS TIME TO ROLL THE DICE

showbiz is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read the series a long times ago, but felt that the author was trying to drag the whole thing out instead of ending it on a good note. I tried reading the new book, but got bored by page 2.

nyaahmaster is offline Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, i borrowed the book off my brother about 2 months ago i'm currently on book 5 and loving it

syndony is offline Newbie
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just started reading the WoT series and I'm not sure I understand why it is considered to be such a phenomenal series. The main characters, those who came from Emonds Field specifically, come accross as dumb and annoying. How many times am I going to have to listen to Rand repeat that he's "Rand al'thor of the Two rivers, blah blah blah."

I get that the world created by Jordan is vast and populated by a wide variety of characters but the story just feels so simple and bland.

In the first two books, Jordan builds and builds only to have the climax come off almost easy for the characters.

And if the "Wheel weaves as the wheel wills", then what is the point of reading the book. Rand is destined to win. Right? Can someone point me in the direction of a reason to keep reading because right now, I can't find a good reason to. For that matter I can't understand why anyone would keep reading.

If I've insulted any fans of the series, I apologize. Maybe its just not my cup of tea. I did like the Sword of Truth series and I know there are many people out there who hated it. To be fair though I share most of their complaints about much preaching went into the series, and the endless repetition too.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks.