Swizzor Virus

This is a discussion on Swizzor Virus within the General Chat board part of the General category; Hi all, Ive had problems with this virus, Its believed to be a sponsor of the windows live messenger plus ...

Just-Poison is offline Sugar And Spice
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Swizzor Virus

Hi all,

Ive had problems with this virus, Its believed to be a sponsor of the windows live messenger plus add on. However when I used Avg 9.0 to remove the virus (2 trojans) it lags my laptop out. Not once but twice I have tried to force the virus into the vault and my pc goes NUTS!.

Ive read up on it (see links below) and as a result their saying i would have to run a number of programs to get rid of it, search the file types and delete them, turn off system restore and remove the virus which may be hiding in the registry.

I would like some help as to what would be the quickest and simplest way of getting rid of the virus.

i will offer reputation to the person who i think gave the most sound advice, which obviously for me would be quick and easy.

Computer Security & Viruses: Trojan Horse Downloader Swizzor BL, trojan horse, service1

Swizzor Removal Instructions For XP/Vista

"Virus found" message during installation
    Matt is my waifu

razathru is offline The not so evul DOC!

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something that I can assure is that AVG can't remove this virus, you will have to follow the other spyware removal instructions.

Swizzor is adware that launches an annoying amount of popup ads while you’re on Internet Explorer.
    Many sites recommend to delete the following registries, finding them can be a problem.

How to ?

Go to START>>RUN>>regedit

It opens the registry editor, prese
    ctrl+F[opens the find box].

Enter
    SWIZZOR, you are most likely to find the Swizzor entries. Once you find them delete the following entries.

A01930FF-5945-02DE-FE1A-20EB3983777D
    3FFDF828-416C-B45A-CAA8-BEF6FC553ACE
    If the above doesn't help,

For Xp and vista:

How to delete Swizzor files in Windows XP and Vista:

1. Click your Windows Start menu, and then click “Search.”
    2. A speech bubble will pop up asking you, “What do you want to search for?” Click “All files and folders.”
    3. Type a Swizzor file in the search box, and select “Local Hard Drives.”
    4. Click “Search.” Once the file is found, delete it.

How to stop Swizzor processes:

1. Click the Start menu, select Run.
    2. Type taskmgr.exe into the the Run command box, and click “OK.” You can also launch the Task Manager by pressing keys CTRL + Shift + ESC.
    3. Click Processes tab, and find Swizzor processes.
    4. Once you’ve found the Swizzor processes, right-click them and select “End Process” to kill Swizzor.
    Do not try the "Downloader.Swizzor AF", which is a fake anti-spyware program.

Thanks to Google and myself
    Last edited by razathru; 01-24-2010 at 08:35 AM.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to razathru For This Useful Post:

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what JP has done thus far;

1.Firstly ran the AVG scanner to rid me of this horrible virus.
    2.Then ran my spyware cleaners (spybot, adaware se pro)

No result their.

3.On later research I tried searching the PC for the file, which was picked up by AVG. Was under a program file listing - Cirle Development Trojan Horse Downloader Swizzor.KKN, Not found. I then went into the regedit and searched for the file their.

No result their

4.I then ran Hi-Jack this to see if i could pick the registry number out of the list and move it that way.

3FFDF828-416C-B45A-CAA8-BEF6FC553ACE
    A01930FF-5945-02DE-FE1A-20EB3983777D

No result their.

5. went into msconfig and checked startup for any processes from windows messenger plus, or any processes similar to cirle development.

No result their.

6. I run Glary Utilities and run CCleaner straight after. Then remove system restore from the PC. Shut down the pc, Boot, run both programs again, then turn on system restore, create new restore point to my desired name. (Doing this will make the registry fresh and the internet cashe clean.)

Not done yet.

OTHER THINGS I COULD DO
    1. Run a program that was recommended by the article writer of one of the pages i visited. - Grisoft Antivirus.
    2. Follow the "long" and annoying task of following a step by step walk through of how to "manually" be free of this virus.
    Matt is my waifu

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok guys my problem is fixed I ran another type of Anti-virus after trying about 3.

@ razathru, thanks for the help. Ill give you reputation as you were the only one that replied.

---Case Closed---
    Matt is my waifu

Tracky is offline Administrator

Array
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Okay. Closint this Thread now, since you solved your problem