Apple IPAD

This is a discussion on Apple IPAD within the General Chat board part of the General category; Apple IPAD Industry watchers say Apple's long-awaited iPad tablet could reverse the fortunes of the tablet PC industry. Microsoft introduced ...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    razathru is offline The not so evul DOC!

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Apple IPAD

Apple IPAD

Industry watchers say Apple's long-awaited iPad tablet could reverse the fortunes of the tablet PC industry.

Microsoft introduced a tablet computer in 2001, but it failed to catch on.
    However, advances in touchscreens and wireless technology mean that the market could now be right for products such as the iPad, analysts said.
    "Tablets have been around for a long time and tablets have failed for a long time. This is a winning product," said analyst Van Baker of Gartner Research.

"I was nervous when they first started talking about this and thought it would be nothing more than a giant iPhone.

"It's hard to argue against. I can use it in the living room, the classroom, for light work and at the coffee shop," Mr Baker told BBC News.
    'What need?'
    Apple said its aim was to try to create a third category of product that sits between a laptop and a smartphone, which is the traditional interpretation of a tablet computer.
    But Mr Jobs pointed out that in order for consumers to buy one, Apple's iPad had to change perceptions and offer a different experience to other devices.
    "Apple did what they needed to do. They gave this form factor a reason to exist," said Mike Gartenberg, vice-president of strategy and analysis at research firm Interpret.
    "They answered the question immediately 'Why do I want the iPad?' And they showed why. They are leveraging the entire Apple eco-system.
    "Everything they have done up until now is in this device - the iPod, iTunes, multi-touch, the applications. And then they added new features like the iBook store and productivity," Mr Gartenberg told BBC News.
    "I think this is going to be a very successful product for them and exceed expectations."

Blogger and Apple watcher MG Siegler of TechCrunch had a different take.
    "Is it a must have? The quick and dirty answer is: for many people, right now, no.
    "Unlike the iPhone, which filled an already well-established need, there is no existing need the iPad fills."
    'Game over'
    The tablet market has until now been regarded as a niche.
    Endpoint Technologies noted that by the end of 2010 about four million tablets will have been sold - a 1% market share.
    Gartner believes with Apple now entering the fray, that figure will rise to around nine million.

Read more from here

It is awesome man..!

:love456456d3:

XplittR is offline Hawt

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Difference from iPod? The size.

Will I get it? No.

Hawt.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to XplittR For This Useful Post:

Stroh is offline Narf Narf

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by XplittR View Post
    Difference from iPod? The size.

Will I get it? No.
    Nothing to add Too big to use take it with you while being at school and too stupid to use it at home.

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stroh is offline Narf Narf

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by razathru View Post
    You must see how games are played in the IPAD. Apart from the size issue, I guess gaming will be cool in the IPAD, better than Itouch.
    Are there any screens of some games? If they are really huge its stupid to move your fingers that far

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fogest is offline Banned User Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watch this

I think its great i would want it if i had the money

9. The Following User Says Thank You to fogest For This Useful Post:

eLiteGameR is offline Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol, "nothing more than a huge itouch" aye?
    Look at the new features maybe? kk thx.
    Sure, I agree why didn't apple add flash support, camera, etc, BUT its only the first version that has been released, look at the first iphone/itouch, did they anything major going on? No, there are now 3 generations of the itouch, and 4 generations of the iphone 1,2,3 , 3GS. Which are capable of doing more than any other "smart phone" aka "copiers of the iphone" can do, ex - HTC, droid, google phone.

This has 1GHz, and allows you to buy iWork, etc. And since you can get any app (literally, word etc) it would be very amusing to work with.

And for the games, you don't have to "move" your fingers far just to play the game, and since you havn't tried one, please stfu everyone You all got sucked into the mass hype and expected the iPad to be like something out of a fiction story, but no its not.
    Also it has 3G capability, with no contract + low fee's, I don't quite think any other crappy tablet out there will ever give you that along with Multi touch, OLED crisp screen, along with 140K + apps, (from makers of NFL, and all those major gaming brands)
    Since more speed now, this is going to be epic to play on.
    So if you wanna get some other crappy tablet which supports win 7, and is slow as hell along with no Multi touch, with delay actions, feel free to get them.

LAST THING, THIS WASN't MEANT TO BE A LAPTOP/NETBOOK
    Its basically a great media device which can allow you do anything now with great speed increase + larger screen..
    Just wait until this is jailbroken, I bet you 1000% some one will be able to boot up a Operating system on this.
    Last edited by eLiteGameR; 01-28-2010 at 08:47 PM.
    -Thx Sifex

Volund is offline Banned

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eLiteGameR View Post
    SNIP apple fanboy rant
    Yes, everyone loves it so so much, hence why apple stock dropped dramatically directly after the announcement (first time that's happened in quite a while). It is the wrong device to bring to market now, especially seeing as it's running a gimped OS and processor.

eLiteGameR is offline Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volund View Post
    Originally Posted by eLiteGameR
    SNIP apple fanboy rant
    Quote Originally Posted by Volund View Post
    Yes, everyone loves it so so much, hence why apple stock dropped dramatically directly after the announcement (first time that's happened in quite a while). It is the wrong device to bring to market now, especially seeing as it's running a gimped OS and processor.
    It is completely dumb to call a person a "Apple Fanboy" what are you? Microsoft fanboy? See, stupid as shit. (Even tho Microsoft is a fanboy of Apple, since they copy every f*cking thing Apple does Hence Windows, + Zune) <= Windows + zune + actually all of their programs have major failure glitches (red ring, blue screen, etc)

It doesn't really matter what any one says, its still a impressive device. But since im 100% sure you did not read my post, and don't understand the facts.. I don't know what I can say.. Even though I agree, they should have added more features onto the iPaD, and stocks only dropped because people (prob like you) got so caught up in the hype thinking it will be the most advanced device in the world. Also Im quite sure Apple knows what they are doing, since its only first version (1G), don't you think Apple will make a new upgraded one with a lot of new features like they did with iPhone + iTouch? Most people here don't realize that. Unless like I said above, you want something lame as a kindle, or some low quality crappy touch screens which no multitouch or anything, go ahead.

No Offense.
    Last edited by eLiteGameR; 01-29-2010 at 02:08 AM.
    -Thx Sifex

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast