A terrible thing

This is a discussion on A terrible thing within the General Chat board part of the General category; Originally Posted by Jolinar First of all, war is a terrible thing, I'm not denying that. BUT. Imagine you're in ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Kaskame is offline d(-_-)b

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolinar View Post
    First of all, war is a terrible thing, I'm not denying that.
    BUT.

Imagine you're in there, your best childhood friend or even your brother gets killed by one crazy bastard. Your countrymen get slaughtered by the hundreds (over the years).
    You HAVE to start growing hatred. And hatred will give you pleasure in taking revenge. That's a law of nature.
    I don't think the video is THAT terrible though. That were like what, 20 people, around that? Guess what - there's three thousand more dying each month of starvation. Like that is not terrible, and yet, people have started to deny it, to ignore it, whatever.
    Unnecessary dramatization.
    Thats the point I tried to get ^^,

Woot

Kaskame is offline d(-_-)b

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fogest View Post
    But did you not see them shoot at a truck collecting the wounded. Thats terrible who the Fu** does that. They just wanted to get the wounded and they didn't even have a gun out!Now I know from other situations like this you would try and capture them not shoot them.
    You gonna let the bodies over there?! Where everybody else could see? Thats worst! .... Imagine in all wars, imagine if they don't take them out? I think you have lack of some obvious things...how old are you? (Sorry for ask this but I have too ^^) ....
    Now imagine if there was a war (a big one) in your city and like 1 thousand people die there...and they stay there....would you like to go to that place again? They have to take out the bodies :/ THATS NOT A BAD THING.... thats what I call..don't know tbh xD (but its not bad ^^)
    Woot

Mike is offline Master of Hell

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaskame View Post
    You gonna let the bodies over there?! Where everybody else could see? Thats worst! .... Imagine in all wars, imagine if they don't take them out? I think you have lack of some obvious things...how old are you? (Sorry for ask this but I have too ^^) ....
    Now imagine if there was a war (a big one) in your city and like 1 thousand people die there...and they stay there....would you like to go to that place again? They have to take out the bodies :/ THATS NOT A BAD THING.... thats what I call..don't know tbh xD (but its not bad ^^)
    Exactly, I think that removing the body is a good thing.

Jolinar is offline rapid response team #1

Array
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire View Post
    Exactly, I think that removing the body is a good thing.
    I think fogest was trying to imply that they actually SHOT the truck trying to help the wounded, thus preventing the corpses from being removed.

Mike is offline Master of Hell

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Removing dead terorist bodies=good.
    Removing wounded terorists=bad.

If they didn't shoot the wounded terorists, then there would have been no point in shooting them in the first place. In my oppinion, this thread should be locked because people seem to have pretty strong feelings about this. Terorism is a sensitive topic.

Malish is offline YAH

Array
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yes guy. War is bad. But it have been wars like forever?
    Was the vikings any better, storming down to England, killing, stealing, taking slaves and raping everything they saw? o.o
    " [28-09, 00:51] Matt: I use wire brushes on my grill, she likes it."

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Malish For This Useful Post:

snocher is offline Master Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whats wrong? They killed the Iraqis and a children was there :o They are Evac'ing her :&
    well what i was saying is is its horrible that that man didn't feel anything for almost killing a child.. although if i had a job like that im sure my emotions would turn to stone too i guess. so i guess i really don't know how i feel about this issue

killerwave7 is offline Premium Member

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire View Post
    Removing dead terorist bodies=good.
    Removing wounded terorists=bad.

If they didn't shoot the wounded terorists, then there would have been no point in shooting them in the first place. In my oppinion, this thread should be locked because people seem to have pretty strong feelings about this. Terorism is a sensitive topic.
    it doesn't need to be locked because subjects like these help raise awareness on certain issues and give light to different perspectives. this is a forum and things should be discussed here and since no one is flaming another person, i don't see a problem with it, it's nice to read everyone's opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by snocher View Post
    well what i was saying is is its horrible that that man didn't feel anything for almost killing a child.. although if i had a job like that im sure my emotions would turn to stone too i guess. so i guess i really don't know how i feel about this issue
    You can't really say that you know exactly how the soldier is feeling, a person's outward statements (even if they seem unemotional) do not always reveal their inner emotions and feelings. An ER doctor cannot cry over every person that may die in their care and they have to try the best they can to maintain a professional attitude and carry on with what they are doing. This soldier might have done this sort of thing a lot before and gone to therapy to try and deal with any conflicting emotions he experienced but that still doesn't mean he has stone cold emotions. He might have gone back and thought about it a lot and maybe talked to a loved one or close friend about it afterwards. A lot of us talk about intense choices much after they have been made.

The video is neither bad nor good but is just a reality of what goes on. Both parties involved in this video would attempt to justify their actions...

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to killerwave7 For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12