The theory to success (at D3Scene)

This is a discussion on The theory to success (at D3Scene) within the General Chat board part of the General category; So there are two things that need to be done to make D3Scene more successful. Firstly, the key is posting ...

Kevin is offline guy

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The theory to success (at D3Scene)

So there are two things that need to be done to make D3Scene more successful.

Firstly, the key is posting and making new threads. I have noticed that there aren't as many threads, because people aren't bothered to make them, and if they are, it's only a selected few of people. And also, in every good thread, it is normally filled with new posts.

So what happens is: New posts: more people coming more often to view posts: more online traffic: higher rated site: solves loss of active people, makes the community seem a nicer place and one where you'd like to stay and makes the forum much richer in terms of user content.

But that isn't all. The 2nd part of this theory is do one of the 2 things: Either make your own guide/hack etc. OR copy-paste it from a different forum if it is not already posted in this forum (WITH CREDITS). This will mean a bigger D3Scene data-base, which means we will have more leechers (No, this doesn't seem good, but do realize that we were most likely all leechers in the first place, and with leechers comes dedicated members. Also, you can realize that there will be a higher amount of members active due to more threads being made, which is what we care for the most). Now I'm not saying that you should just take hacks off of other sites, it is way better for you to create your own hack/guide and calling it a D3 guide, but if there is already a better one out there, or you can't code hacks, then copy paste the link to the original post, as well as credits to whoever made it. Make it VERY clear at the top of the page.

tl;dr make more threads everywhere, make more hacks/guides or take them off of other forums as long as you give credits and a link to the original post.

It may seem blatantly obvious, but this post could possibly encourage you to do what I'm telling you to do.

Please, I enjoy constructive criticism, please tell me if I'm completely barmey, as I wrote this 10 mins after I got out of bed, and these "thoughts" were one of those great ideas for a new thread you get at D3Scene. If I am wrong, I will correct myself.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kevin For This Useful Post:

Devic3 is offline Master Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You aren't wrong in any way. I think this is a step in the right direction to make D3scene more successful. I agree with you almost everywhere. I hope that the new members of D3scene take note of this and bother about what you said.
    Last edited by Devic3; 07-08-2010 at 11:10 AM.

razathru is offline The not so evul DOC!

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Malish is offline YAH

Array
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Kevin, you, sir, are an idiot. :]<3 (Wich is the correct quote of Krusty The clown in an episode of Simpson's 1998)

I have posted in total... maybe 5 usefull threads here... o.o should I start posting moar of them?
    Last edited by Malish; 07-08-2010 at 02:03 PM.
    " [28-09, 00:51] Matt: I use wire brushes on my grill, she likes it."