A Miswak or Siwak is probably an alien thing to the western world. Although it might sound outdated to use twigs from trees for cleaning your teeth, studies conducted on the Miswak prove otherwise. Studies have inferred that Miswak is better than toothpaste for preventing gum disease. It is being known as chewing stick in the western world and is being looked upon as a form of alternative medicine. So, let’s analyze this “wonder twig” keeping documented scientific studies as proofs. A few important benefits of Miswak
- Kills Gum disease causing bacteria.
- Fights plaque effectively.
- Fights against caries.
- Removes Bad breath and odor from mouth.
- Creates a fragrance in the mouth.
- Effectively clean between teeth due to its parallel bristles.
- Increases salivation and hence inhibits dry mouth (Xerostomia)
- Carlisle PA Dentists