removing restore points

This is a discussion on removing restore points within the General Chat board part of the General category; how do i remove restor points, i beleieve i have some and they take up computer memory ? so anyone ...

DiscoInferno is offline Banned User Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

removing restore points

how do i remove restor points, i beleieve i have some and they take up computer memory ? so anyone know how to delete them ?

ur help will be appreciated and for the person who helps me.

Volund is offline Banned

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if they are there, u should be able to go into the system restore menu... and delete them.. not sure, ill check when i get home and tell ya tommoro

EDIT- didnt know i had system restore on office comp... heres some info from the help window... it might help dunno

Disk Space Issues-

In order to install and run, System Restore requires at least 200 MB of available space on your hard disk (or on the partition where your operating system folder is located). If you do not have sufficient space available when the operating system is installed, System Restore is installed, but it is not activated. System Restore cannot be turned on until you make at least 200 MB of disk space available.

When System Restore runs low on disk space, the monitoring of all drives is suspended. All drives are displayed as suspended in System Restore Status in Systems Properties in Control Panel. When System Restore is suspended, you cannot run the System Restore Wizard. If you attempt to run the wizard, a dialog box is displayed to inform you that System Restore is suspended. System Restore automatically resumes monitoring when a minimum of 200 MB of disk space become available.

To make more disk space available, do one of the following:

Open Disk Cleanup. You can use Disk Cleanup to remove unneeded files.
    Open Add or Remove Programs. You can use Add or Remove Programs to remove programs or operating system components that you no longer use.
    Notes

To open Disk Cleanup, click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click Disk Cleanup.
    To open Add or Remove Programs, click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Add or Remove Programs.

To exclude a non-system drive or partition
    Open System Properties.
    Ensure that the Turn off System Restore check box is cleared.
    Under Drive settings, click the non-system drive or partition that you want to exclude, then click Settings.
    Select the Turn off System Restore on this drive check box. This option is not available if you have selected a system drive or partition.
    Notes

To open System Properties, click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click System. In the System Properties dialog box, click the System Restore tab.
    You can choose to exclude any non-system partition or drive so that System Restore does not monitor or restore it. Changes made on an excluded partition or drive are not restored during a System Restore.

To allocate more disk space for archiving restore points
    Open System Properties.
    Select a drive from the Available drives box by clicking it, and then click Settings. If you have only one drive or partition, it is selected for you.
    In the Drive <drive:>settings box, move the Disk space to use slider to change the disk space allocation for System Restore. Note that you cannot exceed 12 percent of the available disk space.
    Notes

To open System Properties, click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click System. In the System Properties dialog box, click the System Restore tab.
    System Restore requires at least 200 MB of available space on the hard disk (or the partition that contains your operating system folder). For best performance and protection, you should allocate more space.

By default, when the operating system installs System Restore on your computer, it allocates approximately 12 percent of the available disk space to System Restore to archive restore points.

To turn off System Restore
    Open System Properties.
    Ensure that the Turn off System Restore check box is selected.
    Notes

If you cannot turn System Restore off, your domain administrator might have enforced administrative system Group Policy on System Restore. Contact your domain administrator.

hope this helps ya... wouldent suggest turning off the system restor tho.... its saved me from some really nasty spyware
    Last edited by Volund; 07-17-2007 at 03:48 PM. Reason: added tons of info