Windows vista and virus programs...

This is a discussion on Windows vista and virus programs... within the General Chat board part of the General category; I bought a new computer with windows vista operating system... I would like to know if someone have experiences about ...

niko123456 is offline Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Windows vista and virus programs...

I bought a new computer with windows vista operating system... I would like to know if someone have experiences about different virus programs and firewalls in vista (wich one is "best" etc.).. I would also like to hear opinios about windows vista's firewall and vistas own "antispyware" program (or what ever it is english)...

Range is offline Banned User Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure vista can't run most games and programmes now but vista is more advanced..? If so then they will start basing games for that platform !

Caramba is offline Premium Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I myself run vista.. I pretty much do like it as it seems to be more comfortable. But it's a pain if you look at the RAM it eats. Anyway, I pretty much do love the 'Windows Defender', it's awsome from my point of view.

niko123456 is offline Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Range View Post
    I'm sure vista can't run most games and programmes now but vista is more advanced..? If so then they will start basing games for that platform !
    For me it's inaf that wc3 is working perfectly And many games that first doesent run in vista works when you start it in that "compatibility mode(windows xp)"... But soon when those new games wich needs direct x10 come, they will work only in vista?

Quote Originally Posted by AyCaramba View Post
    ...But it's a pain if you look at the RAM it eats...
    Yeah...Luckly I choosed to buy 2gb memory so there has not been any proplems this far ;P

...btw.. is it true that zone alarm has not a version for vista...I could not get ZA working :S
    Last edited by niko123456; 07-18-2007 at 01:08 PM.