Would this laptop be good?

This is a discussion on Would this laptop be good? within the General Chat board part of the General category; Originally Posted by eZ]aCx Oh, and the 10 hour battery life, the amazing technology advancement over the competing companies, and ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Kevin is offline guy

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eZ]aCx View Post
    Oh, and the 10 hour battery life, the amazing technology advancement over the competing companies, and whatnot ofc.
    Don't use batteries in your argument, there are external batteries which you can buy separately. And the mac has it's ups and downs, but this is a gaming site, and mac fails at gaming atm. The mac system can also be used on a PC (emulate etc.).

Last edited by Kevin; 12-24-2010 at 06:28 PM.

eZ]aCx is offline Steve Jobs ͩͮ͗͂̋̃͏̷̻̼+ͭ̋̐
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Don't use batteries in your argument, there are external batteries which you can buy separately. And the mac has it's ups and downs, but this is a gaming site, and mac fails at gaming atm. The mac system can also be used on a PC, if you know what your doing.
    Again, its people with mac sucks at gaming. Have you ever tried a mac? Mac has nearly every major game windows + has Steam. Not to mention they don't have bad graphic cards and its mostly for the use of professional designers and etc. I played even Modern Warfare* on a macbook pro, it ran so smoothly on above medium graphics, which even the advanced CPU's out there cannot handle.

And, you will never find a battery which will give you 10 hours for your battery life. Because Mac's are actually STABLE, unlike other laptops which last 3-4 hours, then you buy another battery which lasts another 2-3 hours, = doesn't = 10 hours. And batteries are one of the most important factors in choosing a laptop in the first place.

/No point arguing this, already argued about it too much. Try going to the apple's website and see what the laptop actually offers, size, specifications, operating system etc, because even our linux guru mace changed his mind about mac's after I told him to check it out. It does wonders.

Also Smoogel, I just realized, try getting a laptop with at least 6 gb ram, 500 gb hard drive, 1 gb graphics, a good battery life preferably 6 hours, (you shouldn't worry too much about i3-i5, there isn't too much of a difference, and the cost between the 2 is quite large, so try upgrading your other specifications and stick with i3, unless you have a lot of money ^^)
    Last edited by eZ]aCx; 12-24-2010 at 06:42 PM.

Resigned GFX Moderator. Left for professional GFX teams. Find me here

Kevin is offline guy

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eZ]aCx View Post
    Again, its people with mac sucks at gaming. Have you ever tried a mac? Mac has nearly every major game windows + has Steam. Not to mention they don't have bad graphic cards and its mostly for the use of professional designers and etc. I played even Modern Warfare* on a macbook pro, it ran so smoothly on above medium graphics, which even the advanced CPU's out there cannot handle.

And, you will never find a battery which will give you 10 hours for your battery life. Because Mac's are actually STABLE, unlike other laptops which last 3-4 hours, then you buy another battery which lasts another 2-3 hours, = doesn't = 10 hours. And batteries are one of the most important factors in choosing a laptop in the first place.

/No point arguing this, already argued about it too much. Try going to the apple's website and see what the laptop actually offers, size, specifications, operating system etc, because even our linux guru mace changed his mind about mac's after I told him to check it out. It does wonders.

Also Smoogel, I just realized, try getting a laptop with at least 6 gb ram, 500 gb hard drive, 1 gb graphics, a good battery life preferably 6 hours, (you shouldn't worry too much about i3-i5, there isn't too much of a difference, and the cost between the 2 is quite large, so try upgrading your other specifications and stick with i3, unless you have a lot of money ^^)
    I owned a mac for 4 years, I know everything there is to know. I still prefer PC's, and I'm not about to join the mac v. PC debate, can't be fucked.

Ryan is offline Ubiquitous

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldnt get a Alienware. Too much money, honestly, a Dell is good. They are reliable, which is what you really want. Years will go buy,. and boom, then you notice the Motherboard went out. Laptops aren't meant to last forever, so it would be a waste to spend hella money on something like that. For half the price of Alienware, you can get a VERY nice laptop. NEVER HP, the last 2 I had from them werent good, and the customer service is horrible.

AmpFlorian is offline I'm Back

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Start watching Alienware owned by Dell now DX

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AmpFlorian For This Useful Post:

Kevin is offline guy

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I wouldnt get a Alienware. Too much money, honestly, a Dell is good. They are reliable, which is what you really want. Years will go buy,. and boom, then you notice the Motherboard went out. Laptops aren't meant to last forever, so it would be a waste to spend hella money on something like that. For half the price of Alienware, you can get a VERY nice laptop. NEVER HP, the last 2 I had from them werent good, and the customer service is horrible.
    Yeah man, AW=Dell

Ryan is offline Ubiquitous

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, I didnt know they were the same company .. I guess get a alienware then -.-

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12