5 Earth-size planets found in Milky Way

This is a discussion on 5 Earth-size planets found in Milky Way within the General Chat board part of the General category; Originally Posted by eZ]aCx From my experience, people think differently mostly due to their religion (if any), knowledge etc. For ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Kaskame is offline d(-_-)b

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eZ]aCx View Post
    From my experience, people think differently mostly due to their religion (if any), knowledge etc.
    For example, there are many theories of what is out there and how it was all created. (You can call them conspiracies or whatever you want to call them.)
    1. 2012 (mayans)
    2. God exists (According to various religions).
    3. God doesn't exist. ( 1. No solid proof 2. Religion is the cause of most of the wars, violence in the world.)
    4. There is no god, but instead aliens "reptiles" whom have created the human race.

There are many more, but no one knows the actual "truth," and due to this, there could be something completely different going on, and we were taught in a false manner which has a direct effect on how our "common sense, knowledge" leads us today.

Although there are some outragious "facts" here, I suggest EVERYONE read this article. Even if you don't totally believe some of the things there, you won't be able to deny a lot of the statements

Code:
    http://www.truthism.com/
    It is a long article, so read it in increments. Don't just shove it off as fake, since there are some really convincing statements/proof there. I'm not saying that I totally believe and promote what is said there, I just think a lot of the statements make sense, and no one can deny unless they are completely arrogant.
    After read a bit of all of that website, I lol'd at the eye change, it can be true it cannot be true, there is no real proofs at all, though I believe a bit in everything! 2012, reptilians, spiritual world, gods, etc etc...

After that I saw this video someone sent me, a music song with 2 kinda "gods" ....

Ryan is offline Ubiquitous

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnitoo View Post
    Aliens as little green things WILL NOT EXIST. The chances of life even existing in this vastness, so unknown to us, is well, I won't lie, FUCKIN UNKNOWN. I'm probably not the only to be telling you this but, do not discuss what you know nothing about; it makes you look stupid.

WE HAVE NO CLUE WHY WE LIVE HERE, WHERE WE EXACTLY LIVE, DO WE HAVE A BIGGER PURPOSE??
    Doesn't this bother you guys?
    You wake up one morning thinking "Oh no! I got school today, borriingg", you go to school, live your day but why?
    As a kid, I would always ask my parents why we exist, why are we here, and every time I tried to picture something, I would just see blackness. Fucking blackness, that would really, really, scare the shit out of me. Sometimes I would even cry.
    Whenever I asked my parents, as decent as they were, they would always telling me something like "Don't try to think about it, the more you do, the less you know".

"The less you know"? Is this really true?
    Unfortunately now I don't believe them, but then, that was decent comfort to me and I could live with it. When you think about it really, you are nothing, right? Before you were born you were nothing, there was nothing. What do I mean by "there was nothing"? To you there was literally, nothing, if people didn't tell you about anything in the past, if it wasn't all written down and told for generations, YOU WOULD BE NOTHING, absolutely nothing. Doesn't this scare you?

After you die, you return to the nothingness you came from. The only reason you might "live on" is because people will tell stories about you to other people, "Keeping you alive". And then, after years, maybe decades, centuries and even millenniums for those who leave a huge, huge impact on us as a king (I'm thinking about Jesus, a different subject I love discussing, but it moves off of topic here so I won't), you will fall out of memory and turn into, nothing. Just imagine it, millions, billions of people living before you, while you live and you know NOTHING about them, absolutely nothing. People that lived before you, remembered in very small circles, maybe even totally forgotten unless famous, gone; lost forever. In the end, this will happen you. Doesn't this scare you?

Unfortunately, I will have to contradict my self here, and please do know that it is intentional and needed in order for me to leave a final message here. LIFE DOESNT NEED TO BE FORGOTTEN, make a change. You might think, when I mention something like global warming, "Oh that's total bullshit", well, in a way I agree but when you think about it...
    Doing something so little such as: not leaving your fridge door open for too long, closing the tap when brushing teeth, cycling and walking occasionally, turning your lights off and other things like that do not require much effort but, if the consequences of something like this can be so dire to even potentially end human life as we know it; why not just fuckin do it?
    People are too relative, looking around their own 4 walls. My whole message is here,
    "Things are not important, it's what you leave for others after you that matters."

Take that sentence as open minded as you can as these are, actually, all my own words and hence, my first teachings left for you to ponder upon.
    .. Smoke some DMT and after that, re-read the post I quoted.

JJet is offline Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seriously. You're worrying about why we are here. I ca answer that easily. Keep in mind that I do believe in God, it is the bible I don't. We are here for no reason at all. It was a freak thing that humans were even allowed to make it this far along the evolutionary chain. If you can't help but need an answer to why we're here, then I can tell you that if their is a reason it is only God's expirement/amusement. So you should know that at the end of an expirement/play time (whichever you like) everything is wiped clean washed and made ready for next time. That means yes everyone of us will die and with us the human race.

Aliens are 100% true I know because if this is an experiment then obviously there should be similar tests all around us. If it is only for God's amusement it is obvious that he would get bored watching us do the same thing over and over again so he would have different species to go to like we change tv channels for a rerun, commercials, or just because we don't like the show that is playing. It is so obvious and I figured this all out years ago.

Ryan is offline Ubiquitous

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JJet View Post
    Seriously. You're worrying about why we are here. I ca answer that easily. Keep in mind that I do believe in God, it is the bible I don't. We are here for no reason at all. It was a freak thing that humans were even allowed to make it this far along the evolutionary chain. If you can't help but need an answer to why we're here, then I can tell you that if their is a reason it is only God's expirement/amusement. So you should know that at the end of an expirement/play time (whichever you like) everything is wiped clean washed and made ready for next time. That means yes everyone of us will die and with us the human race.

Aliens are 100% true I know because if this is an experiment then obviously there should be similar tests all around us. If it is only for God's amusement it is obvious that he would get bored watching us do the same thing over and over again so he would have different species to go to like we change tv channels for a rerun, commercials, or just because we don't like the show that is playing. It is so obvious and I figured this all out years ago.
    I dont believe in Evolution .. they said were from monkey .. but if that is true, then why are there still monkeys ?

dkutchukk is offline Wannabe Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, if there is life outside of our galaxy, we may find out within the next decade or so.

NASA's Voyager 1 spacecraft has entered the solar system's final frontier, a vast, turbulent expanse where the Sun's influence ends and the solar wind crashes into the thin gas between stars.

"Voyager has entered the final lap on its race to the edge of interstellar space, as it begins exploring the solar system's final frontier," said Dr. Edward Stone, Voyager project scientist at the California Institute of Technology in Pasadena. Caltech manages NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, which built and operates Voyager 1 and its twin, Voyager 2.

In November 2003, the Voyager team announced it was seeing events unlike any encountered before in the mission's then 26-year history. The team believed the unusual events indicated Voyager 1 was approaching a strange region of space, likely the beginning of this new frontier called the termination shock region. There was controversy at that time over whether Voyager 1 had indeed encountered the termination shock or was just getting close.

"The consensus of the team now is that Voyager 1, at 8.7 billion miles from the Sun, has at last entered the heliosheath, the region beyond the termination shock," said Dr. John Richardson from MIT, Principal Investigator of the Voyager plasma science investigation.

The termination shock is where the solar wind, a thin stream of electrically charged gas blowing continuously outward from the Sun, is slowed by pressure from gas between the stars. At the termination shock, the solar wind slows abruptly from its average speed of 300 to 700 km per second (700,000 - 1,500,000 miles per hour) and becomes denser and hotter.

The strongest evidence that Voyager 1 has passed through the termination shock into the slower, denser wind beyond is its measurement of an increase in the strength of the magnetic field carried by the solar wind and the inferred decrease in its speed. Physically, this must happen whenever the solar wind slows down, as it does at the termination shock. Consider a highway with moderate traffic. If something makes the drivers slow down, say a puddle of water, the cars pile up - their density increases. In the same way, the density (intensity) of the magnetic field carried by the solar wind will increase if the solar wind slows down. In December 2004, Voyager 1 observed the magnetic field strength increasing by a factor of two and a half, as expected when the solar wind slows down. The magnetic field has remained at these high levels from December until now. An increase in the magnetic field intensity of about 1.7 times was seen at the time of the event announced in 2003.

"Voyager's observations over the past few years show that the termination shock is far more complicated than anyone thought," said Dr. Eric Christian, Discipline Scientist for the Sun-Solar System Connection research program at NASA Headquarters, Washington, DC.

For their original missions to Jupiter and Saturn, the Voyagers were destined for regions of space far from the Sun, so each was equipped with three radioisotope thermoelectric generators to produce electrical power for the spacecraft systems and instruments. Still operating in remote, cold and dark conditions 27 years later, the Voyagers could last until 2020.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dkutchukk For This Useful Post:

JJet is offline Member
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are still monkeys because humans were a different monkey.

Malish is offline YAH

Array
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Evelution is still going on around us guys...
    " [28-09, 00:51] Matt: I use wire brushes on my grill, she likes it."

Artanis is offline Hacker
    Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I dont believe in Evolution .. they said were from monkey .. but if that is true, then why are there still monkeys ?
    this is not what evolution implies at all. This is just what DUMBASS schoolteachers nowadays mislead kids into thinking, and this is a common misconception that the older generation has because of the incredible movement against "darwinism" by the christian faith back in the day when they started teaching a big bang theory. Evolution is a study of many things, the specific study you are referring to is "Natural Selection" I believe. Natural Selection favors a structure of DIVERGENT evolution in which similiar species evolved from a common ancestor. NOONE that studies Charles Darwin, Richard Dawkins, and any evolutionary texts thinks that the common chimpanzee is a less evolved form of a human, the idea is that they are a different species of primate that evolved from one many ages ago that we also evolved from, like two branches on the same tree, the trunk of that tree being long gone of course. Think of it like humans and "apes" and both tier 2 units.
    We both came from tier 1 units, but got different upgrades, due to different stressors.
    This is not the final core concept, and I would gladly discuss the more educated ideals set up by the conception of "evolution", but just wanted to tell you first that you shouldn't believe what you're taught, research for yourself. It wont take you long to see how full of shit everybody is.

ON A DIFFERENT NOTE:
    Anybody want to move to gliese with me?
    Last edited by Artanis; 02-09-2011 at 07:04 PM.

Kaskame is offline d(-_-)b

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you don't believe in Evolution than how can you walk at all? When you were born you didn't knew to do anything at all :O
    You sir don't think.

Kevin is offline guy

Array
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Evolution takes place over 100's of years. What it means is that, when an animal develops a new characteristic that will help it survive for longer, it breeds longer and passes on the characteristic. Over millions of years, the animals with the survival characteristic will begin to dominate the population. Imagine there were two moths, one black and one white. Now imagine all of the trees had white bark. This means that the white moth would be camouflaged better than the black one, and would survive better. Now imagine all the white bark suddenly turned black; the population of black moths would increase and the white moth population would decrease. They will not get wiped out completely, but there will be more species with an advantageous characteristic than not, hence why there are close to 7 billion humans and only a couple hundred thousand apes (something like that).

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast